Still not getting carried away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 am

I cannot believe we are 2nd in the league wow! And we are nearly in December and have been there or there abouts since the beginning of the season :bluebird: :bluescarf:
I predicted at the start that I think/hope we come about 5-9th! We keep exceeding those predictions so far and it's fantastic. I know there's many games to come and there will be some twists and turns in the season. My prediction is still pretty much the same but perhaps a 3-7th finish now lol!
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Still not getting carried away

Postby ThomasC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I cannot believe we are 2nd in the league wow! And we are nearly in December and have been there or there abouts since the beginning of the season :bluebird: :bluescarf:
I predicted at the start that I think/hope we come about 5-9th! We keep exceeding those predictions so far and it's fantastic. I know there's many games to come and there will be some twists and turns in the season. My prediction is still pretty much the same but perhaps a 3-7th finish now lol!

We're not blasting teams away
Every game is hard and hope the team can cope :bluescarf: :bluebird:
ThomasC

Postby davids » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:39 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I cannot believe we are 2nd in the league wow! And we are nearly in December and have been there or there abouts since the beginning of the season :bluebird: :bluescarf:

And you're absolutely right not to get carried away because some of our performances since the five game unbeaten start to the season have not been good and we have relied on a very solid defence and a decent keeper (except for some of his kicking :o ) to ensure that we have the best defensive record in the division.

As somebody said in a previous post, when you keep clean sheets you always have a chance of nicking a winner which is exactly what we did yesterday evening.

What is impressive however is the attitude and togetherness of the players and if that can be maintained I can see no reason why we can't be very close to the top 2 at the end of the season, and it would be very disappointing if we fail to make the play-offs from the position we are in now.

January is important as I think that with just one or two quality additions (midfield and up front) we could really be in a position to challenge at the business end of the season.
davids

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm

At the start of the season I said mid table but something inside me said something does not add up.

We finished last season mid table with a dreadful start. A half decent start could have seen us in the play offs. So my prediction did not seem right.

I thought I had it totally wrong after our start. Then came the Preston and Birmingham games. Now I feel we will do well to grab a play off spot. Then again something in the back of my mine says we could end up in an auto. We have quite a few key players to come back. Guess we are going to have to wait and see.
Bakedalasker

Return to General Chat