Tomlin

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin

Postby Brezza » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am

Despite our superb win tonight, we are not scoring many and it seems that home or away we have less possession than the opposition. When will Tomlin get his chance? It seems Warnock can't fit him in. However, against Ipswich he was brilliant. Although delighted with the results, we are not playing with style and panache as seen at the start of the season. I guess you can't have it all but Tomlin adds the 'extra'. Views?
Brezza

Tomlin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tomlin

Postby skiprat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 am

Spot on.he was superb Against Ipswich .excellent passing and movement.
skiprat

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am

Brezza wrote:Despite our superb win tonight, we are not scoring many and it seems that home or away we have less possession than the opposition. When will Tomlin get his chance? It seems Warnock can't fit him in. However, against Ipswich he was brilliant. Although delighted with the results, we are not playing with style and panache as seen at the start of the season. I guess you can't have it all but Tomlin adds the 'extra'. Views?

What's the point changing a winning side?
Tomlin is a brilliant player but it gives us less legs in the middle which is how we play.
Can't see him being here next season.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bluemun » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

I really hope he gets another chance very soon and also that he stays. Much better player than Bryson, who is hard-working but often lacks any creativity.
bluemun

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 pm

bluemun wrote:I really hope he gets another chance very soon and also that he stays. Much better player than Bryson, who is hard-working but often lacks any creativity.

But then Tomlin wont do what he does, which is break up play. chase everything etc.

Tomlin need to play more, but how can you change a winning team?
good issue to have.
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm

I think Warnock had the idea of having Tomlin as the main man before the season start and that he would link up and play just behind Zohore. However I think after a few good wins at the start of the season and the form of Mendes Laign and Demour I think he changed how he planned on us playing, more with Width, speed and power. That makes Tomlin a little redundant most the time.

I still think he has a part to play and I don't see why Warnock would or should change things at this stage with us second.
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
bluemun wrote:I really hope he gets another chance very soon and also that he stays. Much better player than Bryson, who is hard-working but often lacks any creativity.

But then Tomlin wont do what he does, which is break up play. chase everything etc.

Tomlin need to play more, but how can you change a winning team?
good issue to have.

How can you change a winning team?
Well he done that against ipswich tomlin man of the match and dropped him and changed the team which played one of the best performances all season there imo.

Tomlin dosent have legs but thats why you surround him with players just behind him with legs to do it for him gunnarson ralls and damour, adel taarabt didnt have legs but he had quality and qpr won the league. Without that quality and creativity in our team i see us falling short this season and having to gamble in the play offs wherw as if we played tomlin week in week out we can get top 2.

Ofcourse i could be wrong and i cant fault warnocknand the team this season so far but this is just my opinion.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:12 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Brezza wrote:Despite our superb win tonight, we are not scoring many and it seems that home or away we have less possession than the opposition. When will Tomlin get his chance? It seems Warnock can't fit him in. However, against Ipswich he was brilliant. Although delighted with the results, we are not playing with style and panache as seen at the start of the season. I guess you can't have it all but Tomlin adds the 'extra'. Views?

What's the point changing a winning side?
Tomlin is a brilliant player but it gives us less legs in the middle which is how we play.
Can't see him being here next season.

I seem to recall Warnock changing a winning side after the Ipswich game and did he not make a couple of changes to the starting line up from the Brentford game,I simply don't know what Tomlin has to do to start a game for City
angelis1949

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 pm

If you watch the post match press conference after the Brentford game Warnock is asked

"What was your thinking behind the midfield selection today"

"What do you mean son"

"Well picking Damour there"

"Who else did I have"

"Well Tomlin was on the bench again"

"Well he's not a midfielder is he, do you really think that was a game for Tomlin, Brentford would have passed around us"

So it's clear that Warnock doesn't think of Tomlin as a midfield player, very much a second striker, unfortunately for Tomlin away from home Warnock is always going to set up with 3 in the middle and at home against the top teams he's going to do the same

I'd say we will only see Tomlin start 10-12 games this season going off that logic
Bellamys barmy army

Postby KBK-13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Tomlin doesn’t really fit a 4-3-3
KBK-13

Return to General Chat