“ CALLUM PATERSON: THIS SQUAD HAS GREAT CHARACTER “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 am

Cardiff City FC

Tuesday 21st November 2017

A6C2572A-3200-48DE-A4C8-6A206A9F00B9.jpeg
A6C2572A-3200-48DE-A4C8-6A206A9F00B9.jpeg (238.94 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

Callum Paterson was on post-match press duties, speaking about his delight to score the winner in the Bluebirds' 1-0 away win over Barnsley.

The 23-year-old's first goal in City colours saw Neil Warnock's men rise to second place in the Sky Bet Championship.

“It was a tackle,” Paterson joked after his winning strike. “I’m happy to win that way though, after a tough game and a tough year for myself.

“It has been pretty much 340 days since I last scored and last played a full game, so I’m happy to have got the whole game today and scored the winner.

“It shows a lot about our character. Barnsley set out with a game plan and they put it to good use, but thankfully we kept going until the very end and got that goal.

“I missed an opportunity to get in the box for the original ball, but I thought: 'why not just dive on the ground and see what happens?' Then, it hit me and went in, thankfully!"

The Scotland international has now made six appearances for the Club, since joining from Hearts in the summer – and is clearly enjoying his time with the Bluebirds.

69ABC5C5-8878-4EF8-8D85-08B2F1575941.jpeg
69ABC5C5-8878-4EF8-8D85-08B2F1575941.jpeg (866.83 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

“The squad is amazing," he continued. "We’ve got Pelts on the bench, who is an amazing right-back, and Bruno as well. So, there is a lot of competition for me, and I’m just happy to be on the pitch and playing.

“With the character that we’ve shown, we’ve got a real opportunity to push on. It’s still early in the season so we’ve got to keep our feet on the ground. Like I said, there is a long way to go and hopefully we can be right up there at the end.”
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ CALLUM PATERSON: THIS SQUAD HAS GREAT CHARACTER “

Postby Dahboy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 am

Great news :ayatollah:
Dahboy

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 am

Def Great Character under Neil Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Cantonblu » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 am

Certainly proves that with Bamba proving all the Leeds fans wrong saying he'll play for you six matches then lose interest......the Warnock factor.
Cantonblu

Return to General Chat