“ NEIL ETHERIDGE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL ETHERIDGE “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Fair play to Etheridge, I was among many who slated him for a while. But he does seem to be improving, and may even stay in the team when Lee Camp is fit - despite being brought in as the second choice goalkeeper.

He’s your man of the match against Brentford :thumbright:

Etheridge came out on top after getting 27% of a close vote, picking up 20 votes of the 75 cast. Danny Ward was his nearest challenger with 16%, having received 12 votes.

Thanks to all who voted, the next vote is tomorrow after the tricky trip to Barnsley :thumbright: :ayatollah:

2017/18 MAN OF THE MATCH WINNERS

Junior Hoilett - 3
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - 2 (August Player of the Month :ayatollah: )
Joe Ralls - 2
Craig Bryson - 2
Neil Etheridge - 2 (October Player of the Month :ayatollah: )
Sean Morrison - 1
Matthew Kennedy - 1
Cameron Coxe - 1
Aron Gunnarsson - 1
Bruno Manga - 1
Sol Bamba - 1 (September Player of the Month)
Callum Paterson - 1
Lee Tomlin - 1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

“ NEIL ETHERIDGE “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ NEIL ETHERIDGE “

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Still fairly young for a keeper and will only get better the more he plays at this level!
nubbsy

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:Still fairly young for a keeper and will only get better the more he plays at this level!

I’ve got to give him credit, completely proved me wrong.

Hope it continues :ayatollah: :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Tomshort1927 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:43 pm

People complain about his kicking but aslong as it's out of danger I couldn't care less. Up to the players in front of him to get the ball back/win it. Also one of the best keepers at this level I have seen of coming off of his line. Sometimes makes mistakes but does help prevent a lot :bluebird:
Tomshort1927

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to Etheridge, I was among many who slated him for a while. But he does seem to be improving, and may even stay in the team when Lee Camp is fit - despite being brought in as the second choice goalkeeper.

Etheridge came out on top after getting 27% of a close vote, picking up 20 votes of the 75 cast. Danny Ward was his nearest challenger with 16%, having received 12 votes.

Thanks to all who voted, the next vote is tomorrow after the tricky trip to Barnsley :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Junior Hoilett - 3
Joe Ralls - 2
Craig Bryson - 2
Sean Morrison - 1
Matthew Kennedy - 1
Cameron Coxe - 1
Aron Gunnarsson - 1
Bruno Manga - 1
Callum Paterson - 1
Lee Tomlin - 1

sorry but i doubt very much our manager brought in a guy to be number 1 that would be out for the first 12 games.
especially a journeyman thats achieved very little.
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Pleased for the lad - been a fan of him from day 1 and stuck up for him when others wanted to slate him :oops:
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to Etheridge, I was among many who slated him for a while. But he does seem to be improving, and may even stay in the team when Lee Camp is fit - despite being brought in as the second choice goalkeeper.

Junior Hoilett - 3
Joe Ralls - 2
Craig Bryson - 2
Sean Morrison - 1
Matthew Kennedy - 1
Cameron Coxe - 1
Aron Gunnarsson - 1
Bruno Manga - 1
Callum Paterson - 1
Lee Tomlin - 1

sorry but i doubt very much our manager brought in a guy to be number 1 that would be out for the first 12 games.

I’m assuming, possibly naively, that Camp was brought in as first choice going by Warnock’s comments at the time.

Either way, he won’t walk into the team now - have to admit Etheridge has earned his place.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Junior Hoilett - 3
Joe Ralls - 2
Craig Bryson - 2
Sean Morrison - 1
Matthew Kennedy - 1
Cameron Coxe - 1
Aron Gunnarsson - 1
Bruno Manga - 1
Callum Paterson - 1
Lee Tomlin - 1

I’m assuming, possibly naively, that Camp was brought in as first choice going by Warnock’s comments at the time.

Either way, he won’t walk into the team now - have to admit Etheridge has earned his place.

hmmm
Etheridge gave an interview the week we signed him gushing about how pleased he was and how he thought opportunities and contracts like this had passed him buy.{ it really didnt sound like he was coming as a squad player }...coupled with Camps injury and what happened at Bournemouth i assumed the opposite to you..
dogfound

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 pm

nubbsy wrote:Still fairly young for a keeper and will only get better the more he plays at this level!

Jack, he has proved a lot of people wrong! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby barry boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 am

Philippines Philippines, Number One,

Philippines ....Number One !!
barry boy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Another clean sheet tonight - Well done to him and the team :thumbup:

Keep up the good work :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat