Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Don't help Fans Who Want to Go Away '

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm

' Cardiff City Don't help Fans Who Want to Go Away '

BARNSLEY V CARDIFF CITY (PAY ON THE GATE)

Stephen Heard:
I think the club is a joke at the moment mate... Tried getting Barnsley tickets and refused to sell me a additional ticket as my partner ain't a away memeber anymore she was a city season ticket holder and a away memeber for years between
kids obviously stopped going as much as me now me and my lad go as u know... Yet she wanted to go Barnsley tomorrow and they said no so have to pay on gate at Barnsley and wen i told club that they said u won't be sat with each other :lol: :lol: :lol: as if where taking a few thousand to Barnsley on a Tuesday night

Colin Rees Stephen:
just buy your tickets on the gate tomorrow then you should be sat together.
Its pay on the gate at 90% of our away games. Membership just a con.

Stephen Heard:
Pal its 25 quid adult and 18 for my son yet at Cardiff I've paid 31 quid plus booking fee so il pick the spare ticket up tomorrow at gate im sure we will be able to sit where we like

Annis Abraham:
There 100% should have been NO charges for the away tickets, they've made a mistake as usual.

Stephen Heard:
So purchased 2 from Cardiff and 1 at Barnsley surely tho club should of gone yeah we wikl sell u all 3 as she has history of city bookings

Stephen Heard:
Personally i like to see why the supporters trust ain't doing nothing about it raised it a few times with them and nothing

Stephen Heard:
Be fair tommorow would cost 68 quid tommorow for me ny son and misses need to save a few quid with Christmas and forest on Sunday

Annis Abraham: I agree, but the staff and CEO don't care about our fans thats what hurts.

Stephen Heard:
Scared of losing there comfy office at the stadium like u say we go up fans come bk fill the ground and problem is paved over again until relegation

Re: ' Cardiff City Don't help Fans Who Want to Go Away '

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:01 pm

' For those who do want to go away ' :bluescarf: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189813 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Its the away membership that is the problem, its totally redundant these days.

Its right they wouldn't sell a ticket as other people have paid good money to become away members but why does this scheme even exist now.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its the away membership that is the problem, its totally redundant these days.

Its right they wouldn't sell a ticket as other people have paid good money to become away members but why does this scheme even exist now.

Luke, its called greediness and keeping jobs at fans expense.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its the away membership that is the problem, its totally redundant these days.

one of my children { an adult } has an away membership...but due to work has managed just 1 away game and as things stand is unlikely to use it again this season for away games....now i have no issue with the club wanting to look like they are doing their best to know who gets tickets..but at 20 quid it backfires in that people without will use other peoples fan numbers...
i feel it should be kept...encouraged...and be as cheap as is possible..

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

dogfound wrote:

one of my children { an adult } has an away membership...but due to work has managed just 1 away game and as things stand is unlikely to use it again this season for away games....now i have no issue with the club wanting to look like they are doing their best to know who gets tickets..but at 20 quid it backfires in that people without will use other peoples fan numbers...

They say its to see who goes away,yet 90% of our Away games are pay on the day with NO id needed ? ?
So for me,they are wrong charging for Memberships.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

They say its to see who goes away,yet 90% of our Away games are pay on the day with NO id needed ? ?

you are correct in that a lot of games are pay on the day and therefore the club have no idea who attends, but games where there has been a history between fans are never pay on the day..
i think thats where the point of the club wanting members only { and therefore a membership scheme come into it.}
20 quid is a piss take though..i would love to know how many they sell.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm

How many do they even sell, I'd bet it's not many as most people have season tickets or know someone who does.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

you are correct in that a lot of games are pay on the day and therefore the club have no idea who attends, but games where there has been a history between fans are never pay on the day..
i think thats where the point of the club wanting members only { and therefore a membership scheme come into it.}

Hundreds buy them for other fans anyway, its a fact season ticket holders who don't go away buy them for fans who do, so that messes up all this bolloxes of wanting to know who is going away.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:How many do they even sell, I'd bet it's not many as most people have season tickets or know someone who does.

Luke,
There's now currently over 14,000 season ticket holders and over a 1,000 members, so 15,000 plus fans can buy away tickets.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Hundreds buy them for other fans anyway, its a fact season ticket holders who don't go away buy them for fans who do, so that messes up all this bolloxes of wanting to know who is going away.

yes i know....but that does not alter the fact that the club want to be seen to be doing the correct thing.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes i know....but that does not alter the fact that the club want to be seen to be doing the correct thing.

We had trouble at Newcastle previously, Boro/Cardiff use to be bad both away games pay on the gate :thumbright:
I could name another 12 clubs in the Championship that are pay on the gate & No ids.

I believe the Membership is a total farce.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Like I have said on other threads, I had 8 wanting to go to Bristol City but only 2 of us went.

I could have possibly had 4 of us going to Forest but would cost an additional £50 on top of the tickets for my brother, his wife and child to buy membership first.

Having the same problem with Reading in a few weeks and to be honest I'm thinking of swerving it now as at the moment there's no coach going from up here and if I can't get two fan numbers for sone mates who would come in the car I won't bother.