Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING:' WELSH MANAGER / PREMIER LEAGUE /JUST SACKED '

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:13 am

BREAKING:' WELSH MANAGER / PREMIER LEAGUE / JUST SACKED '

Tony Pulls Will be in Swansea by Christmas!

Tony Pulis: West Brom sack manager after Chelsea defeat

Breaking news

BBC

Monday 20th November 2017

Tony Pulis has been sacked as West Brom manager with the club a point above the Premier League relegation zone and without a win in 10 top-flight games.

The Baggies were beaten 4-0 at home by Chelsea on Saturday.

West Brom won their first three games of the campaign, but have not won since 22 August, when they beat League Two Accrington 3-1 in the Carabao Cup.

Since then, they have drawn four and lost seven, and Pulis had said he would not be surprised if he was dismissed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Pulis Sacked!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 am

Mind you, he may be a better fit for the Wales job!

Re: BREAKING:' WELSH MANAGER / PREMIER LEAGUE /JUST SACKED '

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

Can see him being in the running for the Wales job.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

What do people think about a Pulis and Bellamy combo for the Wales job?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 am

GARY MEGSON IN TEMPORARY CHARGE

Gary Megson, who was assistant coach to Tony Pulis, has agreed to take charge at the Hawthorns while the club look for a replacement.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 am

BREAKING NEWS

20/11/17

Tony Pulis has been sacked as West Brom head coach.

Chairman John Williams said in a statement: "These decisions are never taken lightly but always in the interests of the club.

"We are in a results business and over the back end of last season and this season to date, ours have been very disappointing.

"We would like to place on record our appreciation of Tony's contribution and hard work during a period of transition for the club which included a change of ownership. We wish him well in his future endeavours."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

I'm not entirely convinced the Welsh FA will come up with enough money to tempt him into the job.

Although his negative well organised defensive play may well fit into what Chris Coleman has been doing with the team for the last couple of years with a fair amount of success. :o

Re: Pulis Sacked!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:50 am

bluebird58 wrote:Mind you, he may be a better fit for the Wales job!

Interesting...

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

I say... “Newport nows your chance!”

I wouldn’t want him in charge of Wales - what’s he done with quality really??

I’d look to a fresh inventive approach ideally and then after that Adam Allardyce

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 am

Bigger issues behind the scenes at West Brom

Let's see now what the gypos do .

If they want him they sack shortly

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Philippine blue wrote:What do people think about a Pulis and Bellamy combo for the Wales job?

I'd hate for Bellamy to be number one but number 2 wouldn't be so bad.
Pulis would be a great addition though.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Surely NOT the man for the Wales job? :?

I see nothing in his make-up that points him in that direction, as he is far more suited to a 'safety first' approach when asked to take teams to and then keep them in the top League!

A club manager, if ever there was one and could do a job for them down the road; although I'd like to think he wouldn't lower himself to that level when he could potentially come to the real Wales No.1 club going in the opposite direction in due course! ;) :laughing6:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Please now, he will be just an expensive Russell Slade, boring football, mediocre standard of playing Wales will go backwards with him at the helm. :banghead:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Bit like Cameron and Clegg......Never please!

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Philippine blue wrote:What do people think about a Pulis and Bellamy combo for the Wales job?

I'd hate for Bellamy to be number one but number 2 wouldn't be so bad.
Pulis would be a great addition though.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Sven wrote:Surely NOT the man for the Wales job? :?

I see nothing in his make-up that points him in that direction, as he is far more suited to a 'safety first' approach when asked to take teams to and then keep them in the top League!

A club manager, if ever there was one and could do a job for them down the road; although I'd like to think he wouldn't lower himself to that level when he could potentially come to the real Wales No.1 club going in the opposite direction in due course! ;) :laughing6:

Not sure he would be the man for Wales. After all, Wales are not really in a desperate relegation battle.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I’m clearly one of the few who think he’d be a good appointment for Wales.

I don’t know who some people expect us to attract to the job - Pulis would be a decent appointment.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’m clearly one of the few who think he’d be a good appointment for Wales.

I don’t know who some people expect us to attract to the job - Pulis would be a decent appointment.

Change decent into brilliant. Following Speed id say 99% of people would've been happier with Pulis over Coleman.

Not sure why people are moaning.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm

pulis was my first choice for the wales job. 90% of managing wales is about setting the team up to defend resolutely, and there are few better than pulis at that.

it all depends whether he wants a market salary, and if he thinks international football is right for him - and that the FAW want him.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Pulis and Bellamy could possibly be a great combination for Wales.

I was saying to someone on Saturday that I could see Pulis going and then Swansea coming in for him after sacking Clements. I hope I'm not right.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Pulis and Bellamy could possibly be a great combination for Wales.

I was saying to someone on Saturday that I could see Pulis going and then Swansea coming in for him after sacking Clements. I hope I'm not right.

Isnt he a city fan ??? ( pulis )

Would you manage the jacks given the opportunity because I wouldn't.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Pulis and Bellamy could possibly be a great combination for Wales.

Pulls is a City fan and no, I most certainly wouldn't manage the jacks. They've got bigger problems brewing down there and it could be a hiding to nothing. That said, TP is exactly the type they need right now and they maybe waving the cheque book around to ensure PL survival for another season.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Reference Wales: I don't think he is the right fit for the young pacey players we have coming up.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 pm

norms76 wrote:Can see him being in the running for the Wales job.

Agree No compo now .

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:56 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Agree No compo now .

but would still comand a big wage elsewhere..

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Agree No compo now .

but would still comand a big wage elsewhere..

Well then look for someone else then .

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:

Pulls is a City fan and no, I most certainly wouldn't manage the jacks. They've got bigger problems brewing down there and it could be a hiding to nothing. That said, TP is exactly the type they need right now and they maybe waving the cheque book around to ensure PL survival for another season.

Money does talk but I would suggest he isn't a Cardiff fan if he went to manage Swansea.

No money in the world could make me want to go there and I think we should all feel the same :thumbright:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm

On the list of potentials are

1 Ex Wales manager who has over 400 games in the premier league at a decent clubs
1 Ex premier league manager with over 300 games at clubs just hoping to survive and has never got relegated
1 Ex coach who had who was an interim manager for a bit but was a footballing legend. I have to question his desire as he hasn't started his manager / head coach at a suitable level
1 U21 championship manager, who has started at grass roots, but is it too early
1 Journeyman Wales player who is managing in the USA
1 Football pundit who gave his all for the country, but if i question Giggs desire where's his
1 World class Frenchman who is a coach for a national team and a crap pundit
1 FAW (real life) manager, someone who organises and structures the game, but is he front of house ?

If you believe international football is so different to the club game then Bellers as he has spent three years in the roots or Giggs who just because he is Ryam Giggs and it give the FAW some kudo's

I can't see Hughes wanting anything but a top 6 job, so that leaves Pulis if he fancies taking an 80% pay cut. But he is minted and may fancy the challenge

For me
1- Pulis
2- Bellers
3- Giggs (more of a gamble)