Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’s Fi

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am

I have just been tagged in this on FB :shock: :o

" SHOCKING IF TRUE "

Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’s First Migrant ‘Sanctuary’

by Jack Montgomery

Politicians in Wales are campaigning to transform the country into the world’s first “nation of sanctuary” for “refugees and asylum seekers”.

The Welsh Assembly’s Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee has published a report which chairman John Griffiths (Labour) hopes will help advance the Welsh Government’s goal of becoming a sanctuary, a commitment agreed in principle in 2012.

“The constant news cycle of images and stories of people escaping war and persecution in Syria, Iraq and other countries brings home the tragedy of current world events and the stories people have told us during this inquiry have been both harrowing and distressing but ultimately inspiring,” said Griffiths.

“It is critical that there is the right support available to [migrants] when they reach Wales so that they can participate fully in Welsh life and have fulfilling lives in their new communities.”

The opposition Welsh separatist party, Plaid Cymru, is also in favour of turning Wales into a migrant sanctuary, with leader Leanne Wood having promoted the policy for a number of years.

Evidence of strong public support for mass immigration in Wales is lacking, however.

A substantial poll carried out for WalesOnline by YouGov in 2014 found that 68 per cent of people believe immigration controls should be tighter, compared with 5 per cent who believe they should be relaxed.

41 per cent of respondents also believed that immigration has damaged Wales, with 18 per cent saying the damage has been “very bad”. This compares with 22 per cent who said immigration has benefited Wales, with just 5 per saying the effects have been “very good”.

The survey found that the public are as keen on controls for EU immigration as for non-EU immigration, suggesting that it does not share the desire of the Welsh political establishment to keep the country within the Free Movement regime of the Single Market after Brexit.
Attachments
Migrants-Refugees-EU-Europe-Crisis-Croatia-Slovenia-Kljuc-Brdovecki-Getty-640x480.jpg
Migrants-Refugees-EU-Europe-Crisis-Croatia-Slovenia-Kljuc-Brdovecki-Getty-640x480.jpg (108.59 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am

The only problem is immigration is not devolved so cannot just let in anyone but would see every Tom dick and arry turning up on our doorstep! what it does mean is migrants that arrive do get priority on housing ect ect like in mid Wales! WAG politicians are pathetic and waste of time need look after its own 1st :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Jock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 am

Google immigration gumballs.
Jock

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

A brilliant argument for 'helping' others to improve their own environments but the big issue for me is helping stem the tide of corruption, tyranny, dictatorship and torture which will then allow the 'good' people to flourish and improve the lot of their families and neighbours :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Mr Shed » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

The CCS attendance figures may go up!
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby murphy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Walesonline reporting today that a migrant taxi driver is getting done for raping a girl in Swansea.

Yeah great idea, let's just let more and more migrants over here :roll:
murphy

Postby Jock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Sven wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

A brilliant argument for 'helping' others to improve their own environments but the big issue for me is helping stem the tide of corruption, tyranny, dictatorship and torture which will then allow the 'good' people to flourish and improve the lot of their families and neighbours :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Trade not aid is the way to go. Mass migration barely scratches the surface in the 3rd World but does enormous harm to the West.
Jock

Postby wez1927 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 pm

The Looney bloody lefties Welsh people on housing waiting list and nhs on it's knee but they want more people com8ng in ffs when's the madness going to stop!
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:The Looney bloody lefties Welsh people on housing waiting list and nhs on it's knee but they want more people com8ng in ffs when's the madness going to stop!

what would be nice is if these AMs had the nuts to campaign under a more migrants for Wales banner..
dogfound

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:52 pm

This was April this year, it never went anywhere it's dead in the water.
WelshPatriot

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm

If true typical Labour going against the will of the people of Wales. The most un Democratic Party our there. Loons the lot of them. The Welsh assembly could in fact put the security of the whole UK at risk not to mention the health of Welsh citizens that won’t get the NHS treatment due to the infrastructure being over run
Nuclearblue

Postby phildavies » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:32 am

murphy wrote:Walesonline reporting today that a migrant taxi driver is getting done for raping a girl in Swansea.

Yes because no Welsh men ever rape anyone do they.

And before you call me a loony lefties or something I’m not nor am I in agreement with the article in fact my own personal beliefs is that immigration should be points based and that instead of allowing people into this country we and the other developed countries should be doing more to try to improve the lives of people living in less developed countries. But still had to make that comment just to show you how stupid your comment was.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby murphy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

phildavies wrote:
murphy wrote:Walesonline reporting today that a migrant taxi driver is getting done for raping a girl in Swansea.

And before you call me a loony lefties or something I’m not nor am I in agreement with the article in fact my own personal beliefs is that immigration should be points based and that instead of allowing people into this country we and the other developed countries should be doing more to try to improve the lives of people living in less developed countries. But still had to make that comment just to show you how stupid your comment was.

Around 5% of the UK population is Muslim.

In the prison system around 30% of the population are Muslim and that's no fault of the native brits either.
murphy

Postby Jock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 pm

murphy wrote:
phildavies wrote:

In the prison system around 30% of the population are Muslim and that's no fault of the native brits either.

You and your facts :roll: everyone knows Islam is the religion of peace.
Jock

Postby KJblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:53 pm

This kind of suggestion is nuts, ffs, either it's politicians trying to get their names in the paper or fake news, immigration is an issue that needs addressed by world politicians collectively and not just some numpty suggesting that a whole country take in the world's migrants, Angela Merkel tried something similar and has left herself open to all sorts of problems, nice idea but unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.
KJblue

Postby phildavies » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:55 pm

murphy wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Yes because unfourtunetly radical Islam is clever and can use as means of converting people to it/radicalising moderate Muslims whilst in a prison system that is an utter shambles due to massive underfunding and overcrowding.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Return to General Chat