Why do other club fans think we play dirty football?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 am

It's strange considering in terms of yellow and red cards we are mid table!

I've been to most games home and away this season. I have to say especially at home, teams come and try to bully their way to a victory! At home, the refs have been poor IMO in a high number of games and the other teams players climb all over us and arms around players etc etc.

I don't see a fouling dirty team and as some fans of other clubs have made reference to Warnocks way of playing! What I have personally witnessed is a highly organised Cardiff city team who work very well as a team and show passion for the club. They will jump through rings of fire for Warnock and that's what it's all about.

A great manager who the players trust and Instill THE WARNOCK WAY in how they approach a match. this is not a unprofessional dirty team - quite the opposite really. I think we frustrate fans of the opposing team because quite often on paper they should beat us (putting our league position aside). At times they play better than us but for some reason we come out on top and take away the points. We have some excellent players as well dont get me wrong but I firmly believe that most of our success is down to the manager and the fact he gets the players on board (Not forgetting the assistants too.

I believe that each and every player at Cardiff has improved under Warnock and perhaps even reaching their full potential.

Ok, yes at times we do foul other teams players, sometimes we have done things that were untoward just like every other team but I always remember a home game where the opposing team just kept kicking us, nobbling us and climbing all over us all game. We didn't retaliate or kick back! We are a team full of professionalism and passion - long may it continue.
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why do other club fans think we play dirty football?

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

Simply because of fan bias I would assume. The same way that in games where we complain about the ref the other team also complains. The Brentford game just gone many fans were saying how lenient the ref was and how often he gave them soft fouls. If you read the Brentford forum they're saying the same thing. Fans hate acknowledging that their team is at fault.

The Ireland game is a good example of that, we didn't deserve to win that game but the first thing our fans criticised on here was the "Irish thuggery" or "anti football".

Even in some poor games this season, Millwall and Sheffield Weds, we played dire yet it wasn't the team that got criticised first, it was the ref or the other team's tactic of playing for a draw. I'll admit that I also do this as I'm gonna assume it's a genetic trait in football fans to only see their team as being flawless :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 am

Fans read other forums and its very much copy cat responses! Also its NW reputation for high pressure direct football as passing football in championship is the reserve of better teams so most are not good enough to cope with citys style of playing, but standard of referee as lot to do with it most are poor so gives fans opportunity to blame him. :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

The hate us

Cos they ain’t us
Blue_Barber

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Because we beat most of them? I don't remember Preston, Birmingham, or the Worzels saying that we are dirty!
llangainbluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Because we beat most of them? I don't remember Preston, Birmingham, or the Worzels saying that we are dirty!

That's a good point actually.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby noisycat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm

I don’t think we are a dirty team at all. We are very committed, work hard and very competitive. It’s easy to be biased towards your own team but I was really surprised that Brentford’s fans were complaining about an over zealous approach to the game. I didn’t even think we were wasting that much time,and if that’s the case,it’s up to the referee to add that time on at the end of each half. If we played away like Brentford did on Saturday, I would be getting on the bus home,thinking how the hell did we lose that game,after playing well and creating so many decent chances. As we all know, there are no pictures on a score card and,if you don’t put the ball into the net,you certainly don’t win that particular game.
I will criticise the referee,but only to say,he was just as bad for each team,with some of the decisions he made.
noisycat

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:The hate us

Cos they ain’t us

:thumbright: ;) :ayatollah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 pm

We play quick direct football which is great to watch and unfortunately City can't do it for 90 minutes. We are so strong both on the ball and in the tackle. We don't lose many 50-50s.

I was amazed the number of times the opposition physio came on to attend the other teams players.

City ain't dirty, they are strong and combatitive and other teams can't compete with it.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Return to General Chat