realistic players to sign in January?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby scottydoesntknow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

interested to hear everyones thoughts on who we could sign to make a real push for promotion.

Could be worth taking a swipe for Charlie Adam who is in the last 6 months of his contract and wants to be playing more regularly. Failing that, I would take Joe Ledley back.

If we have any money though I think we should go all out and get a quality striker in. Any realistic suggestions welcome.
scottydoesntknow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: realistic players to sign in January?

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Billy Bodin would be my top target.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Box to box attacking midfielder
NIBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Defensive midfielder.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Be pleasantly suprised of we sign anyone to be honest. Price tags are silly in jan and I doubt we can afford anyone better than what we have. Maybe another free or a loan signing though who knows..
nubbsy

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Danny ings and harry wilson on loan from liverpool
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby thomasblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Would love to see Ben Woodburn to compliment our front line and Ethan Ampadu for midfield.

Not just because they are welsh but because they are very good young hungry players with a point to prove and probably within budget.
thomasblue

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:Would love to see Ben Woodburn to compliment our front line and Ethan Ampadu for midfield.

Not just because they are welsh but because they are very good young hungry players with a point to prove and probably within budget.

I personally dont see any need to improve midfield or defence where we are solid imo.

Competitions upfront and on the wings is where we lack depth i think.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 am

I wouldn’t expect anyone to come in unless we managed to move some on.

If, for example, Anthony Pilkington leaves then we can maybe expect a couple of players to come in.

Can’t see anyone signing for us until more players leave.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am

Lee Cattermole.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 am

Does anyone have a list of player available on a free in Jan?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Would love to see Ben Woodburn to compliment our front line and Ethan Ampadu for midfield.

I personally dont see any need to improve midfield or defence where we are solid imo.

Do you rekon up front? We've got Danny ward and bogle who've both scored 2 in 2 starts each I think it is.

I'd like to say we need an attacking midfielder but he'd never get a game, we've got tomlin who can't get for love nor money. Out wide prob for me.
nubbsy

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm

nubbsy wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Do you rekon up front? We've got Danny ward and bogle who've both scored 2 in 2 starts each I think it is.

I'd like to say we need an attacking midfielder but he'd never get a game, we've got tomlin who can't get for love nor money. Out wide prob for me.

You could be right actually, bogle could turn out good if he keeps his form up same for zohore if he can rediscover his goals from last season, but both ifs and buts for me at the moment, we will have a clearer view come end of december/january i guess... kadeem better back up outwide than feeney hopefully he will have something to prove and kick on and get better again this season.

Strage with tomlin seems he dont want to play with a 10 this season that attacking midfielder you mentioned, seems he prefers legs and running in a midfield 3, maybe strengthening there, not sure what to make of bryson yet?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Don't get the feeney bashing. He played alright last game.
But kads coming back is a good problem to have.
Healeys back soon. Too.

I'd look at a loan for a decent prem player. And a number 10
bluebird7291

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Assuming we don’t sell any first teamers - Cover for gunners. Cover at left back.
Gunners gives us a bit of stability in mid field whereas without him it’s all somewhat frantic and lacks control. I’d like to see someone who can just put their foot on the ball and control things. Dictate the pace a bit. I wonder if tomlin could do this but obviously not the way we are trying to play at the moment.
We are fine up top. Wardy gives 100% bogle is raw but is a like for like sub for zohore and Fred is now fit again.

If we ship anyone out then by all means replace them.
welshrarebit

Postby bluemun » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:45 pm

One dominant midfielder. I notice Cairney hasn't been playing for Fulham. This may be due to injury, but he was the best midfielder(with Mooy) in our league last season. Be great to shift a few out like Fred and Halford and bring him in.....total class!
bluemun

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:14 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Does anyone have a list of player available on a free in Jan?

Don`t think there is such a thing. Most player contracts tend to end on 30 June.

Managers at clubs will know who they are willing to let go , either permanently or on loan ,in January then agents tend to tour their availability around other clubs.

I would guess that Neil Warnock is regularly checking with other managers as to who might be available then , particularly young players from Premier clubs , to assess if they are better than what we already have. No benefit in getting them in otherwise as the loaning clubs will want them to play regularly for us to get experience rather than "bench warm".
ccfcsince1962

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Does anyone have a list of player available on a free in Jan?

Don`t think there is such a thing. Most player contracts tend to end on 30 June.

Managers at clubs will know who they are willing to let go , either permanently or on loan ,in January then agents tend to tour their availability around other clubs.

I would guess that Neil Warnock is regularly checking with other managers as to who might be available then , particularly young players from Premier clubs , to assess if they are better than what we already have. No benefit in getting them in otherwise as the loaning clubs will want them to play regularly for us to get experience rather than "bench warm".

That's my worry to be honest.
People have mentioned Woodburn but he'll never sign as Hoillet & NML aren't going to be sat on the bench week in week out.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm

If we are in the top 3 - most players would love to come on board with our manager and club :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby actionman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 am

I don't think he'll sign anybody we already have an attacking midfielder in tomlin and he doesn't play him I listened to the game tonight and I think this is the type of football we can expect hard working tough tackling and hope to nick a goal the old arsenal way remember the saying 1-0 to the arsenal
actionman

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:40 am

Cairney or Diame.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Kenbird1983 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 pm

we need a striker so go out and get a desent premier league loan striker
Kenbird1983

Return to General Chat