Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CCFC Stadium Security "

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Am I the only one who finds the security at the stadium increasingly oppressive and off putting? While I can understand the need in certain high profile matches-Leeds, Millwall etc- was there really the need to be conducting full body searches of virtually everyone entering the ground yesterday? Personally I find it offensive that after having gone to the bother of giving up my day and money to come and give my support to the club, I am then welcomed by an army of stewards who then feel the need to run their hands up my leg.

I know people will argue that's its for our own protection but the searches would not prevent anyone bringing in a weapon if they were determined. And having gone to a fair few away games over the last few years I know that other teams do not treat their home supporters this way (How they treat us is another matter).

I know those at the top are trying their best to attract the fans back but perhaps one of the reasons for the low crowds is that those responsible for security see us as an inconvenience rather than someone who should be welcomed and respected as customer. If I was a floating supporter I wouldn't be coming again.

Re: Stadium Security

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Terrorism is a cost we all have to pay now unfortunately , Airports , ferries won't be long and it'll be trains and buses.
It takes about 10 seconds to search , not really a lot to ask to remain safe and alive.
ISIS or whatever they are called now ,and their mislead followers, would like nothing better than to blow up a stadium full of people.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 pm

nojac wrote:Terrorism is a cost we all have to pay now unfortunately , Airports , ferries won't be long and it'll be trains and buses.
It takes about 10 seconds to search , not really a lot to ask to remain safe and alive.
ISIS or whatever they are called now ,and their mislead followers, would like nothing better than to blow up a stadium full of people.

:thumbup:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:09 pm

I have no issues with if at all

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:15 pm

I failed !!!!!

No not the body search, but the eyesight test during the game on the big screens....know your tactics, WTF !!!

Re: " CCFC Stadium Security "

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Not a problem at all, anything they can do to keep us safe is fine by me. Im far happier knowing it's being done.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Seems that I am in the minority on this one though I think everyone is being very naive. They are using the terrorism angle as an excuse. The people they employ and the checks carried out will not stop a terrorist getting anything into the stadium, but does give them the justification to become more overbearing than normal.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:04 pm

You are entitled to your view but personally I think you would be the first one to complain if something did happen. You can always not go if it annoys you that much.

Security is good as far as I am concerned and have no issues with it at all.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 pm

A suicide belt , would be picked up on a search as at Paris at the beginning of the year.
Inconceivable searches would not be carried out in the current climate.
:thumbup:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:09 pm

If you find it such a bother to give up your time why do you bother anyway, you write about it like it'd a bloody chore! Takes two mins for a quick pat down, it's really not a big deal!

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Unfortunately there are Isis supporters in Cardiff and I'd rather have 10,000 searched than 20,000 that weren't get over it you fool.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Silly man.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm

It's good that security are doing individual pat-downs as an effort to keep folks safe and I have no issue with it whatsoever. The way things are with the muzzy nutters, it is a necessary precaution and one that we should be grateful is being taken. I do however have an issue with muzzy nutters and there are at least 23,000 that we know of in the UK who present a risk. That's 250 for each of the 92 grounds and you only need one to do something.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm

im not so sure about the security either..not just at stadiums..its like terror has won.and we are no safer..a terrorist intent on blowing people up could easily detonate within the large queues caused by security searches.
plus people still gets flasks..water bottles..pyrotechnics into games ive been at this season...im really not sure..

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Security is good as far as I am concerned and have no issues with it at all.

But I couldn’t read the notice on the big screens would of been better off giving out leaflets for fans to read and keep

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Seems that I am in the minority on this one though I think everyone is being very naive. They are using the terrorism angle as an excuse. The people they employ and the checks carried out will not stop a terrorist getting anything into the stadium, but does give them the justification to become more overbearing than normal.

Sorry mate but your talking total bollox.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm

The checks are definatly needed and a good thing.
The problem with it is that the security checks being as they are all in one place at turnstiles backs up large cues of people. That in itself provides a large and much easier target for terrorists outside the ground.
They do not check cars for explosives, it would be pretty easy to drive a car into the long cues of fans standing on the car park roads due to the way the entrances to the stadium are organised.
Im not convinced the way they are doing it is the right way but something has to be done .

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Being searched on entry is putting fans off? The low crowd excuses have hit an all time low.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:04 pm

The checks are a pain but if needed then they must be done
sad times :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm

As I go straight into the Canton when I arrive at the ground, justing asking, do they search level 3 & 4 fans ?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

At Bristol Rovers years ago and there was a gorgeous blonde woman copper patting us down as we got off the train, me and my mate went back to get a second go :lol:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Searching is done at all levels at Cardiff City however other stadiums like the rugby stadium fans have to be there 3 hours ahead of kick off and all staff have to be there 4 hours before kick off so if you hate it now then if the police tell the club to be the same as the rugby expect it to get worse.

I am much happier getting on a plane and entering a stadium knowing they are checking everyone this day and age

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 pm

I've got no problem with the search on entry.

But getting my season ticket card checked by 3 different jobsworth stewards to check if I'm going to the right seat, with one of them even testing me to see if I know my seat number and holding me back when I hesitated is just pathetic.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:35 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:As I go straight into the Canton when I arrive at the ground, justing asking, do they search level 3 & 4 fans ?

Yes the do at every game I have no issue with it

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:I've got no problem with the search on entry.

But getting my season ticket card checked by 3 different jobsworth stewards to check if I'm going to the right seat, with one of them even testing me to see if I know my seat number and holding me back when I hesitated is just pathetic.

Agree

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 pm

actionman wrote:Unfortunately there are Isis supporters in Cardiff and I'd rather have 10,000 searched than 20,000 that weren't get over it you fool.

I may have a different opinion to you but fool I am not. If you feel safe as a result of the security that's fine and from the feedback on this forum you are in the vast majority and I bow to that majority. One of the points I was trying to make, obviously unsuccessfully, was that the checks wont stop a terrorist. I am not sure if the policy has ended but until very recently the gates are open at least ten minutes before the end and as far as I can see a terrorist could walk in with enough explosive to blow up the Canton and no one would give him a second glance let alone check him.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
actionman wrote:Unfortunately there are Isis supporters in Cardiff and I'd rather have 10,000 searched than 20,000 that weren't get over it you fool.

I may have a different opinion to you but fool I am not. If you feel safe as a result of the security that's fine and from the feedback on this forum you are in the vast majority and I bow to that majority. One of the points I was trying to make, obviously unsuccessfully, was that the checks wont stop a terrorist. I am not sure if the policy has ended but until very recently the gates are open at least ten minutes before the end and as far as I can see a terrorist could walk in with enough explosive to blow up the Canton and no one would give him a second glance let alone check him.

i agree..
terrorism is to make people terrified to a point where biilions are spent not stopping terrorism..but being seen to be going through the motions..security is random at different stadiums and at different airports.and as i said in another post ive been at a ground a number of times this season where a smoke bomb or pyrotechnic has been set off...safer ? your not
intel is what catches terrorists..not minimum pay jobsworths.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm

For the sake of opening my coat when I arrive Im fine with it. I’d rather have checks than have a review post incident that said check would have stopped it.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 am

Searching needs to be more intense as we still see away fans getting flares into the ground. God help us it could be weapons or bombs. At the Bristol City away game a Cardiff fan let off a flare so searching is not good enough at many clubs. Yet again we will wait for something to happen before we wake up.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

KBK-13 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:I've got no problem with the search on entry.

Agree

Its strange this - I've had a ST in 2 different parts of the Ninian, and have to say no one has ever stopped me or checked my card. The stewards we see are often regulars, and all I get is a greeting.

Not saying you're wrong chief, but as I say never had any issue. I often see the stewards being very helpful to people who obviously don't know where they are going.

My beef is with the occasional idiot who walks in the wrong section then decides to walk across an entire row to get to his correct section :roll: