If you want 3,000 crowds again @FAWales here’s your man

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Attachments
DO3W1sSWsAADZS4.jpg
DO3W1sSWsAADZS4.jpg (67.13 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: If you want 3,000 crowds again @FAWales here’s your man

Postby MalagaCF » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Couple of bad results with Giggs in charge would split out fans and crowds would dwindle.
Think he would be ok as a number 2.
But who wants to take a low wage to manage Wales?
MalagaCF

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:39 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Couple of bad results with Giggs in charge would split out fans and crowds would dwindle.

100% agree.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Same was said about Coleman and plenty wanted him out. Look what happened there.
maccydee

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm

maccydee wrote:Same was said about Coleman and plenty wanted him out. Look what happened there.

Al least he had managed before. Don't think you can count last 4 games of a season as much experience
avondaleblue

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Theres little loyalty with the Wales fans......Loads of Jonny come latelies when times are good though
llan bluebird

Postby maccydee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 pm

avondaleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Same was said about Coleman and plenty wanted him out. Look what happened there.

Al least he had managed before. Don't think you can count last 4 games of a season as much experience

Hughes?

Some want Bellamy too.
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:16 pm

I was surprised how many caps Giggs actually had.

He wouldn't be my choice but he has worked with the best and been assistant to some decent managers, he could potentially be the young more progressive manager. I think with Giggs it could go dramatically either way.
2blue2handle

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 pm

And a speed
theclaw

Postby RV Casual » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I was surprised how many caps Giggs actually had.

He wouldn't be my choice but he has worked with the best and been assistant to some decent managers, he could potentially be the young more progressive manager. I think with Giggs it could go dramatically either way.

The anti Giggs stuff comes from people who haven't got a clue mate, with respect.

He's got 64 caps, Ian Rush only got 73, Saunders 75, Hughes 72 but they are Welsh legends whilst Giggs apparently didn't care.

Apart from Gary Speed and Andy Melville who had one more cap than him there is nobody who played more for their country than him during that era, and lets be honest it was a pretty shit one.

Yes he didn't play in the friendlies but people who say he didn't care are talking through their arse, He played over 16 years of which the majority of them were absolute shit, as were the majority of his team mates.

For me who followed Wales during this era he was a blessing and through the shit at least we got to see him, I don't know what people think he could have done more as you cant polish a turd and that's what we were.

If anyone thinks, Bale, Ramsey etc wouldn't have been the same. On average over his international career Giggs played for Wales once every 3 months, that's not the record of a man who didn't care or turn up in my opinion.
RV Casual

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm

I don't want him, a Kent of a man :thumbup:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby maccydee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm

RV Casual wrote:

The anti Giggs stuff comes from people who haven't got a clue mate, with respect.

He's got 64 caps, Ian Rush only got 73, Saunders 75, Hughes 72 but they are Welsh legends whilst Giggs apparently didn't care.

Apart from Gary Speed and Andy Melville who had one more cap than him there is nobody who played more for their country than him during that era, and lets be honest it was a pretty shit one.

Yes he didn't play in the friendlies but people who say he didn't care are talking through their arse, He played over 16 years of which the majority of them were absolute shit, as were the majority of his team mates.

For me who followed Wales during this era he was a blessing and through the shit at least we got to see him, I don't know what people think he could have done more as you cant polish a turd and that's what we were.

If anyone thinks, Bale, Ramsey etc wouldn't have been the same. On average over his international career Giggs played for Wales once every 3 months, that's not the record of a man who didn't care or turn up in my opinion.

Well said.
maccydee

Postby NorthGwentBlues » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 pm

[quote="RV Casual"][quote="2blue2handle"]I was surprised how many caps Giggs actually had.

He wouldn't be my choice but he has worked with the best and been assistant to some decent managers, he could potentially be the young more progressive manager. I think with Giggs it could go dramatically either way.[/quote]

If anyone thinks, Bale, Ramsey etc wouldn't have been the same. On average over his international career Giggs played for Wales once every 3 months, that's not the record of a man who didn't care or turn up in my opinion.[/quote]

Fair and concise assessment. Trouble is social media regurgitate's some claptrap and the internet Jimmy Hills quote ad verbatim. He probably wouldn't win brother of the year award but his trophy cabinet is probably over full anyway.
NorthGwentBlues

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Couple of bad results with Giggs in charge would split out fans and crowds would dwindle.

lets try a couple of bad results with anyone in charge and crowds will dwindle...
and who would take the low wage Welsh job...someone that wants to cut their teeth in management /someone that wants a step down from day to day at club level / someone who has been out of work for some time and no longer even gets a mention when club jobs become available.
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:

When you make comparisons with other players, for accuracy you also need to remember that Giggs' international career was 5 years longer than Rush, and 6 years longer than Saunders. I am guessing that Rush and Saunders would have many more caps if their career had lasted as long as Giggs' did.
Steve Zodiak

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If you want 3,000 crowds again @FAWales here’s your man

Totally agree
angelis1949

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

When you make comparisons with other players, for accuracy you also need to remember that Giggs' international career was 5 years longer than Rush, and 6 years longer than Saunders. I am guessing that Rush and Saunders would have many more caps if their career had lasted as long as Giggs' did.

agree i think its terrible that Saunders and Rush had such short international careers...
maybe along with Ratcliffe Southall etc they should all be playing now..
or maybe someone that was actually good enough to have a 17 year career at this level should get a bit more credit..
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm

avondaleblue wrote:

And Gary Speed had loads of managerial experience, he didn’t do badly !!!!!!!!
piledriver64

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

agree i think its terrible that Saunders and Rush had such short international careers...
or maybe someone that was actually good enough to have a 17 year career at this level should get a bit more credit..

Spot on !! Never quite got the anti-Giggs thing.
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It’s the same people who were anti Coleman. They were wrong then hopefully they will be wrong on this. We are lucky he’s still available.
maccydee

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:26 am

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It’s the same people who were anti Coleman. They were wrong then hopefully they will be wrong on this. We are lucky he’s still available.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: WOW
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

Charlie Harper wrote:I don't want him, a Kent of a man :thumbup:

i think thats a different issue...and the only anti Giggs arguement i can totally agree with..
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

i think thats a different issue...and the only anti Giggs arguement i can totally agree with..

Why is a Kent? Shagged his brothers bird?

A wise man once said let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

not such a wise man then was he..

i take it family is not out of bounds in the maccydee household ...
dogfound

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 pm

what a spiteful thing to say :?

giggs would be my second choice behind pulis. he would command instant respect by being one of the best players in the UK, and has 2 years experience as an assistant manager. with an experienced number 2 we could do much worse IMO.

remember that coleman was a journeyman manager who had achieved very little in the game before taking the job. hughes had no experience either.

whoever the next manager is, the most important thing is they have has bale and ramsey firing on all cylinders.
SwampCCFC

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:

what a spiteful thing to say :?

giggs would be my second choice behind pulis. he would command instant respect by being one of the best players in the UK, and has 2 years experience as an assistant manager. with an experienced number 2 we could do much worse IMO.

remember that coleman was a journeyman manager who had achieved very little in the game before taking the job. hughes had no experience either.

whoever the next manager is, the most important thing is they have has bale and ramsey firing on all cylinders.

The people who don’t want Giggs didn’t want Coleman.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I would never do it but to be fair we don’t know the full story just what we read in the press.

It doesn’t affect his ability to manage.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I would never do it but to be fair we don’t know the full story just what we read in the press.

It certainly affects his judgement and situational awareness though! ;) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

glad to hear that you wouldnt...as for the story..well we dont know how many positions they tried or how good in the sack either were .....but i think sh @@@@@ing your brothers wife for EIGHT years and getting her pregnant is enough dont you think..wasnt a one off drunken fumble.
dogfound

Postby barry boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

he may have played 64 game but in most of them he was far from being our best player on the pitch.

He rarely lived up to his billing and never dominated a game like Bale does. Only when he became captain did he actually put a shift in.
barry boy

Return to General Chat