Welsh rugby

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:28 am

davids wrote:Apparently there was some confusion at the end about substitutions and scrums. I wonder how many "fans" in the stadium had any idea what was going on? Rugby Union must have some of the most difficult rules of any sport which help to confuse a game which is rarely a great spectacle anyway.

Was it last season that a game overran by about 15 minutes because they kept having to have the same scrum again and again? what was that all about? :?:

Substitutes running on and off the pitch, players who've gone off coming back on, and players who've come in going back off! How on earth do they keep track of who's on the pitch at any one time?

You can push in the scrum. you can't push in the scrum. As a sport it's too bloody complicated to be enjoyable. As a social gathering for people who have no real interest in rugby at all, it's unsurpassed.

its a good day out...a massive event that has little to do with sport..most dont know the players, even less know the rules. and less again are likely to turn up to watch a game of rugby that doesnt in volve nations the following week...
but it is there and it attracts massive crowds which 100% have an adverse effect on our crowds
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 pm

The worst part is the stadium layout if you are at taff end you cannot see game beyond halfway so need ref radio and tv screen to know whats happening? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm

davids wrote:Apparently there was some confusion at the end about substitutions and scrums. I wonder how many "fans" in the stadium had any idea what was going on? Rugby Union must have some of the most difficult rules of any sport which help to confuse a game which is rarely a great spectacle anyway.

Was it last season that a game overran by about 15 minutes because they kept having to have the same scrum again and again? what was that all about? :?:

Substitutes running on and off the pitch, players who've gone off coming back on, and players who've come in going back off! How on earth do they keep track of who's on the pitch at any one time?

You can push in the scrum. you can't push in the scrum. As a sport it's too bloody complicated to be enjoyable. As a social gathering for people who have no real interest in rugby at all, it's unsurpassed.

I didn't watch it, but I heard about what happened at the end of the game and it's yet another example why rugby is such a stupid sport. Georgia not being able to scrum because Wales' props were 'injured'. Imagine that happening in football. Imagine Brentford not being able to attack down our right side because we had no right back on the pitch with Manga out of position at right back. But that's the difference with football and any other sport, players sometimes have to play out of position and get on with it. Not with rugby though!

Rugby is the only sport where the referee tells players what to do on the pitch so they don't give away fouls. Again, imagine that in football, the linesman shouting at Kenneth Zohore to get back so he isn't caught offside? I think rugby league is a fine sport, a continuous game with players getting on with it trying to score a try. Rugby union on the other hand is completely farcical, it's the only game I know where the crowd cheer when the ball gets kicked out of play. I will never understand the fascination.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I didn't watch it, but I heard about what happened at the end of the game and it's yet another example why rugby is such a stupid sport. Georgia not being able to scrum because Wales' props were 'injured'. Imagine that happening in football. Imagine Brentford not being able to attack down our right side because we had no right back on the pitch with Manga out of position at right back. But that's the difference with football and any other sport, players sometimes have to play out of position and get on with it. Not with rugby though!

Rugby is the only sport where the referee tells players what to do on the pitch so they don't give away fouls. Again, imagine that in football, the linesman shouting at Kenneth Zohore to get back so he isn't caught offside? I think rugby league is a fine sport, a continuous game with players getting on with it trying to score a try. Rugby union on the other hand is completely farcical, it's the only game I know where the crowd cheer when the ball gets kicked out of play. I will never understand the fascination.

i agree with so much in both posts..but reality is people go there and watch on TV in huge numbers.
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat