Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Joe Ralls '

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Congratulations to @Joe_Ralls who will make his 150th competitive appearance for the #Bluebirds today :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Joe Ralls '

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Scored the winner. Cool as you like. Best midfielder on the park by a long way.

We don't know how lucky we are

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Scored the winner. Cool as you like. Best midfielder on the park by a long way.

We don't know how lucky we are

I will second this
And some saying he was shit today
Someone even suggested whitts was being blamed when it was ralls fault last year
O

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:14 pm

For some reason our fans don't give him the recognition he deserves. Always mentioned as the one who should be dropped. Our beat central midfielder.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Congratulations to him.

It's strange how we see the game differently isn't it?

I thought he was extremely poor yesterday. Slowed things down every time he had possession, knocked off the ball far too easily, ran down a number of dead ends and gave the ball away on more than one occasion.

However, never gave up, always looking for the ball and despite having to respot the ball before the penalty, slotted it away superbly. :thumbup:

And Warnock seems to rate him highly so fair play to the lad.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:For some reason our fans don't give him the recognition he deserves. Always mentioned as the one who should be dropped. Our beat central midfielder.

I honestly don't see anything in Ralls.

Can't tackle, Can't pass, no pace, gets knocked off the ball to easily.
( I am pissed every time I watch him but I've never understood what people see in him )

Its mental how people have different opinions from watching the same games. :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Too pissed to appreciate him, obviously.
He has really come on this season, though he was poor v. Brum (so we're most of the team). Good tackler, efficient passer and he has added real drive to his game.
He's been better than Bryson and the latter's had lots of praise.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Does the simple things well, but i still think we need a bit more from him. He's got a beaut of a left foot and needs to use it to create and score more goals.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 pm

He is what he is a holding midfielder

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:45 pm

He’s one of those who ghosts about not one I really notice on the field tbh whether he’s going forward or defending does the basics I’d like to drop him for Tomlin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am

Any stats on his pens taken - Anyone :?:

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:For some reason our fans don't give him the recognition he deserves. Always mentioned as the one who should be dropped. Our beat central midfielder.

( I am pissed every time I watch him but I've never understood what people see in him )

Its mental how people have different opinions from watching the same games. :bluescarf:

He isn't perfect but he has done well. What midfielder is a good tackler? Gunner? How often does he actually win the ball?
I don't think ralls is a bad passers-by, he isn't a whitts but he uses it pretty well, yes he will lose it from time to time.

He runs with the ball well which I think has come on this season, generally uses it well and while he may not tackle he closes down well.

For me first midfielder on the teamsheet. Next step is to get more goals from open play but the way we play its less likely.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

He isn't perfect but he has done well. What midfielder is a good tackler? Gunner? How often does he actually win the ball?
I don't think ralls is a bad passers-by, he isn't a whitts but he uses it pretty well, yes he will lose it from time to time.

He runs with the ball well which I think has come on this season, generally uses it well and while he may not tackle he closes down well.

For me first midfielder on the teamsheet. Next step is to get more goals from open play but the way we play its less likely.

Pretty much spot on, we should be prouder of the guy really 150 appearances, graduate of our youth system. Brought through gradually and developed. Against Derby I thought he was on par/superior to Huddleston which showed how far he’s come on.