Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT AWAY FANS & CARDIFF FANS SAY ABOUT CARDIFF STADIUM AND

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:12 pm

WHAT AWAY FANS & CARDIFF FANS SAY ABOUT CARDIFF CITY STADIUM/NINIAN PARK

This is on Away Days Today

Each day I'm going to post a name of ground. Comment below with your score out of 10 for it based on all round experience. Also feel free to tell us any tales of good trips there.

Today we have Cardiff. Feel free to rate the new stadium or Ninian Park....

SEE BELOW ALL THE REPLIES FROM AWAY FANS & CARDIFF FANS :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHAT AWAY FANS & CARDIFF FANS SAY ABOUT CARDIFF STADIUM

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Jake Lewis (Cardiff fan)
Hate our new stadium fans have split up all over the place but the place to be is in the canton stand behind the goal furthest away from the away fans (which is shit)
Ninnian park was the place to be, was always in the bob bank wasn't allowed in grange end to much madness as I was a young teenager

Nathan Paul Bees Cardiff fan - ninian park is our home. Ccs will never come close to our old ground. Saying that I suppose most clubs who have moved from their 'spiritual Home' into the 'modern day stadia' have the same opinion. #FuckModernFootball

Kyle Brana everyone blames the stadium, yet its bouncing for Wales games.
simply down to our supporters, or lack of.

Stephen Heard Absolutely loved Ninian Park even I got intimidated Wen next to the Grange end what a hostile place we made it for away fans... our new ground has no soul like alot of the new modern day shit stadiums built now for venues

Simon Underhill Used to get the buzz of my life walking to Ninian, new ground is a soulless bowl. Hate it.

Callum Gait I loved Ninian Park best ground in the world on the Bob Bank

Kevin Nicholls Ninian Park 10/10, New Stadium 4/10, Cardiff fan

Jonathon Jones Ninian Park

Simon Lindsay Ninian was quality.

Joseph J Harrison Cardiff city stadium.... 4 Ninian Park... 10

Phil Howden First visit to Ninian Park was Boxing Day 1992, don't think I've ever been as scared at a football match. Lunatics everywhere.

David Conway I'm a Cardiff fan and agree with most of you ninian park was a nuts ground on its day miss it big time

Will Melhuish As a Cardiff supporter I feel we lost the soul of our club moving to this new stadium. (Owner didnt help as we lost a fuckload of old school city boys with that ridculous f*cking rebrand)

Chris Brown As a Bristol City fan Cardiff away at Ninian was incredible, atmosphere, on edge home fans on your back all game. Completely different at the one, dull and boring. Nice ground but as an experience I’d say 4/10

Ben Fountain Ninian was 10/10 propper away day lost 1-0 when hasslebank lobbed our keeper and exaust fell of my car at Ross on Wye. New one 3/10 I'm not a fan of modern dull soulless stadia. Cardiff is always a good piss up SWFC fan.

Guy Allison Went to Ninian Park with Sunderland very intimidating and every time i looked right a coin would hit me on the head. Also a nightmare getting out of away end...

Peter Harding I was just another boring identakit stadium until they attached that mutant red upper deck to the Ninian Stand. Now it's a boring identakit stadium with what looks like a section of a different club's boring identakit stadium bolted on. Such is the folly of Tan...
It's a perfect stadium for Wales games, but Ninian Park will always be Cardiff's home in my mind.

Rich Holbrook Ninian 9/10 New stadium 3/10 Ninian was always a great trip from Bristol always a vile atmosphere used to be my favourite away trip.

Graeme Scott Ninian Park 4/10 went there for a pre season friendly and the locals still wanted to kick our heads in

James Williams Ninian Park was the bollocks to visit Swansea City fan

Andy Foxon Ninian Park, loved going there with Bristol City. Always sold out.Standing in the cage in the away end.In the local pubs you knew what you were going to get. Coins, turds,cups of piss thrown. Always came out a few quid up.proper away days...

Roy Lloyd Back in the day when tosh was playing up front ninian park was bouncing was in the ground when Cardiff beat real Madrid one nil all huddled up singing proper football days.

Paul Watson I actually like this ground. Excellent facilities for away fans and the concourse is massive. one of the better grounds in the EFL IMO.

Mark Coddy Caldwell Never been to the new one, went to ninian Park as an away fan ( fuckin hell) with Wrexham and the place was bouncing. Also a few Wales games there in the 90's like Belarus etc

Ian Horrell Looks like Legoland from outside and could do with the interiors painting/plastering with something instead of just bare breeze blocks. Atmopshere would have been dead if 2,000+ cyderheads hadn't been there. 4/10

Bradley Talbot Been to Ninian & the new ground, much prefer ninian. Better atmosphere made & fans were only seperated by a big green sheet, Been new one twice & doesn’t live up to what Ninian did (Burnley fan)

Sean Bielski Ninian park was a place to fear back in the days of the soul crew. Lost its way a bit with the new stadium, but I'm sure the plastics will jump back in board if premiership football is back on offer.

Pete A G Rogers Probably an 8 im a city fan they had us there first home gane of the season and for all the reputation cardiff fans have we walked to and from the stadium with the fans we were talking to a cardiff steward we got beat 3-2 but result apart it was a great and thoroughly enjoyable visit ,

Dave Robertson It's like they all buy their stadiums off the same company and just paint it whatever the team colours are. Leicester, Southampton, Cardiff, they're all the same...

James Machin Ninian park was far better had a proper football ground feel to it with a intimidating atmosphere.
New one a carbon copy of the standard soulless bowl that a lot of clubs have opted to go for in recent times.

Danny Cranston Done Cardiff away in 2003 on a cold Tuesday night in the carling cup. Cardiff went 2-0 up and West Ham won 2-3. There was also a massive riot coming up to half time. Great stadium 9/10.
New ground has great facilities but proper pony atmosphere 6/10

Carl 'Crouch' Lewis Stokie here. Went Ninian Park once. Season opener 07/08, the season we went up. Baking hot day, and a 1-0 win thanks to a Baby faced shawcross and last minute double penalty save from Simo. Great atmosphere. Got locked in after the game and a nervous walk back to the car after. Been to the new Lego brick stadium once. Nice big concourse, that's about it.

Rob Ford New stadium 4/10, a totally nondescript new build, I honestly can't think of anything good to say about it. Ninian Park 9.5/10 one of my favourite away days, would be a 10/10 if South Wales OB weren't such heavy handed cunts.

Lee Ray Not done the new ground but did Ninian Park a few times with Aldershot including our last ever game in March 1992. Cardiff fans were brilliant that night. Was a great ground Ninian

Ross McNeil not been here but ninian park when danny webber bagged a late goal for the blades to secure promotion to the premier league is up there as one of the best days of my life

Sam Sonite Went to Wales U21 V England U21 at Ninian park few years back think 2012 with a welsh mate who was Cardiff, in their end, and when England scored they jumped up in cardiff end and went off big time, ill advised and totally outnumbered at half time break, Went there with Leeds in cup game, lively as f**k afterwards when Leeds had forced through the gate

Matchoose James Savory Ninian park, such an amazing atmosphere. It was so tense as a Burnley fan. Went the year after at the new ground and its like the heart of the club was sucked out. Boring modern lego brick stadium designed for cramming as many empty seats as possible and no thought for atmosphere. I genuinely think they should have just tried to modernise the old stadium.

Pete Gelder Wednesday fan here. Went to Ninian Park last game of the season 1984 when Chelsea pipped us to the old Division 2 title. On the pitch celebrating winning the league cos of false rumours going round that Chelsea had lost. Any of you Cardiff or Wednesday remember that day?

Alan Salisbury Went to Ninian a few times with Wrexham and for a few wales games.Went in the bob bank with my ex wife who was from Cardiff and made the silly mistake of jumping up when Gary Bennett scored

Francis Fowles Only trip was for the FA Cup game v Manchester City in the early 90's. We had to fight our way into the ground. City somehow managed to lose the tie despite hitting the bar and post numerous times and missing a late penalty. A tennis ball with razor blades,you won the game due to the hostility of your Ninian Park.

John Courtier Ninian park was a proper football ground. Best thing they did was put a roof over the home/away end. Posh fan.

Matthew Tully Went to Cardiff about two weeks ago. Atmosphere was pretty decent despite how empty the home end was. Bit of a standard modern day ground with a retail park right next to it but overall it's worth a visit for at least one time.

Ryan Peters Can't comment on Ninian as never went there, the new stadium divides opinion amongst Cardiff fans but when Wales play it turns into a different place altogether.

Matthew Evans Loved ninian park in the grange end place was always bouncing do miss the old ground 10/10 new ground is ok wish that Malaysian prick would change all the seats and f**k away from the club 8/10

Joe Roberts CCS 7/10 for me. If it's a full house the atmosphere is bouncing. Stewards let it down big time and the queue for turnstiles let it down big time

Earl Uti Priestley Quite an intimidating place. Went there in 99 day they went up. We wished them well, but don't think they were very friendly.

Karl Evans 7/10 - seen a bore draw and a 3-0 drubbing there but decent view, easy to get served and easy to get too and it's boasted by Cardiff itself which is a great night out
Darren Stamp
Nice ground. One of my favourites in the championship. Ninian Park tho. As all old grounds. Ie Bellend Road, absolute shithole.

Paul Eastwood
Ninnian was an utter shit tip, this new ground offers great facilities... HOWEVER. Give me an away day to Ninnian Park ANY DAY over this stadium. Fantastic away day, both sets of fans standing behind the goal abusing the living hell into one another. Ipswich fan and a sad day at the last ever game at Ninnian Park which I went to with us. Real ground.

Re: WHAT AWAY FANS & CARDIFF FANS SAY ABOUT CARDIFF STADIUM

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:11 pm

FB

Wayne Jenkins

Our hostile fortress has been taken from us. Would have it back any day. The new stadium looks better but Ninian Park will always be my favourite memory especially the Cup game against Leeds. That place erupted. I cried with joy. Unbelievable