Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' OPINIONS? '

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

OPINIONS :thumbright: :bluebird:

I reckon if Cardiff can beat Boro away at Boro,because not many of us expect to win it including myself, We will really start to believe we can be a top 4 side for the rest of the season :thumbright:

If we draw at Boro (I expect to get a draw) and then beat Millwall home as expected,then City fans will start believing again :thumbright:

If we lose at Boro and beat Millwall, then many will think well we've now lost to Preston,Brum and Boro and maybe we will be top-half to play-offs at best?

I'm asking these questions as Wolves,Villa etc are now finding their form and to stay up there we can't allow a bad run to now happen.

Rem Gary Monk will be right up for this game.

I predict a draw away at Boro then beat Millwall home :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

OPINIONS ? :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' OPINIONS? '

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

I’ll take 4 points from the next 2 games, whichever way we get them. In fact, 4 points from every 2 games for the rest of the season would do nicely! :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:35 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I’ll take 4 points from the next 2 games, whichever way we get them. In fact, 4 points from every 2 games for the rest of the season would do nicely! :bluescarf:

Yes get a point away is good if you then win your home games :thumbright:

We can battle and get a point at Boro(you never know under Warnock a win could happen) and def should beat Millwall home, 4pts will keep us on track :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 pm

At the moment anything could happen,maybe beat Boro :thumbup: and then draw with Millwall :roll:
We need Mendez-Laing,Hoilett and Zohore to all start firing as a trio again like in them first five wins.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Too many questions there Annis :laughing6: My opinion is you keep off the cheap Spanish beer when you start these posts :shock: :notworthy: :laughing6: :occasion5: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 pm

6 pointer next 2 games will make teams think we are real contenders :bluebird:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Ipswich home a week Tuesday as well 6-7 points from these 3 and we will have strengthened out position in the top 3.

Most of the other top sides have tough games this weekend.

Any positive result on Sat will be a bonus, but it's the home games v Ipswich and Millwall that we really do need to win if we are to be genuine contenders

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 pm

we have 11 games left against teams we have yet to play , which takes us up to the half way point.

4 of the 11 are against sides currently in the top half the other 7 against bottom half..the four top half games are 2 home ipswich and norwich..2 away, boro and brisol...so id imagine boro is the 2nd most likely game of the 11 to lose.

ALL the other 5 teams in the current top 6 have either 6 or 7 top half teams to play, which suggests we have played the harder games so far..would love a point Saturday but not end of the world should we lose.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:09 pm

As our Neil said - He made a target for get month - so i for one will keep to his target ;)

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 pm

I expect a response this Saturday and a win.

We've been great against the so called better sides and NW would demand a better performance!

It's all about us and how we play and not the opposition.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 am

dogfound wrote:we have 11 games left against teams we have yet to play , which takes us up to the half way point.

4 of the 11 are against sides currently in the top half the other 7 against bottom half..the four top half games are 2 home ipswich and norwich..2 away, boro and brisol...so id imagine boro is the 2nd most likely game of the 11 to lose.

ALL the other 5 teams in the current top 6 have either 6 or 7 top half teams to play, which suggests we have played the harder games so far..would love a point Saturday but not end of the world should we lose.

Fair play that's one dam good post :thumbup:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:As our Neil said - He made a target for get month - so i for one will keep to his target ;)

Top 4 by the end of October :occasion5:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 am

Middlesbrough a very tough game

After Birmingham performance we need something from it

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 am

I would love a win or draw at Boro...but it all depends on how up for it we are..I think MENDEZ.L has gone off the boil...maybe give him rest and put Patterson or ward in..may gee him up
start with Gunnarsson Bryson and Darmour..all high energy Ralls has been off the pace as well.I think it will depend on Neil's Tactics.

DOGFOUND..By the way Good Post :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 am

I think Boro is a cannot lose game otherwise doubt may start to set in within the squad, I think it will be 1-1 and we will comfortably beat the Wall by 2-0

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 am

After recent results/performances I think the Boro game is a pivotal one and we need to get something out of it.
4 points from the next 2 games would do nicely for me.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:44 am

A lot will depend on how we start the game. if it is like last Friday then forget it. Boro will come at us from the off if they took notice of our pathetic display last week.

Mind you a lot will depend obviously on what team NW puts out. He has got plenty of options especially if Gunnarsson is fit.

I've posted my thoughts on another thread but (assuming Gunnersson is not fit) see it as

Etheridge
Patterson Manga Morrison Bennett
Ward Tomlin Bryson Damour Mendez
Zahore

(I cannot se him dropping Ralls or Bamba though)

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am

He’s got to give that team a shake up and I hope the last week has been a beasties for the lads because they let themselves down a week ago. They’re much better than that Birmingham side BUT I think a few are taking their places for granted

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Danny Says wrote:A lot will depend on how we start the game. if it is like last Friday then forget it. Boro will come at us from the off if they took notice of our pathetic display last week.

Mind you a lot will depend obviously on what team NW puts out. He has got plenty of options especially if Gunnarsson is fit.

I've posted my thoughts on another thread but (assuming Gunnersson is not fit) see it as

Etheridge
Patterson Manga Morrison Bennett
Ward Tomlin Bryson Damour Mendez
Zahore

(I cannot se him dropping Ralls or Bamba though)

A lot of changes in that team not sure it's a good idea.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:He’s got to give that team a shake up and I hope the last week has been a beasties for the lads because they let themselves down a week ago. They’re much better than that Birmingham side BUT I think a few are taking their places for granted

we restricted Birmingham to 2 shots...we had more corners...had more poss than we normally do.
truth is we are not a tippy tappy footballing side. we are direct and exciting in the final 1/3 rd..if you shut down that final 1/3 rd as well as Birmingham did what your left with is some unatractive stuff in the first 2/3 rds..our team worked hard last Friday just they had the measure of our front 3 more than anyone we have encountered so far this season..its going to happen no matter who you are..

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:we have 11 games left against teams we have yet to play , which takes us up to the half way point.

I agree - superb post. Getting me thinking really positive.
Providing we develop s killer instinct against the lower (park the bus) teams

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:OPINIONS :thumbright: :bluebird:

I reckon if Cardiff can beat Boro away at Boro,because not many of us expect to win it including myself, We will really start to believe we can be a top 4 side for the rest of the season :thumbright:

If we draw at Boro (I expect to get a draw) and then beat Millwall home as expected,then City fans will start believing again :thumbright:

If we lose at Boro and beat Millwall, then many will think well we've now lost to Preston,Brum and Boro and maybe we will be top-half to play-offs at best?

I'm asking these questions as Wolves,Villa etc are now finding their form and to stay up there we can't allow a bad run to now happen.

Rem Gary Monk will be right up for this game.

I predict a draw away at Boro then beat Millwall home :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

OPINIONS ? :thumbright: :bluebird:

A difficult game against a quality squad, and a long trip, a draw away to borough would be a good result, I am not that optimistic, but fingers crossed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I agree - superb post. Getting me thinking really positive.
Providing we develop s killer instinct against the lower (park the bus) teams

thats my thinking...maybe we will find the bottom half teams very difficult....but as things stand i think it looks more positive than many posts suggest it does..

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 pm

We can exploit their defensive weaknesses.....Fabio for a start.