' The Sale of Newcastle United '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 pm

NEWCASTLE BID MOVES CLOSER

Thursday 18th October 2017

The sale of Newcastle has moved nearer after PCP Capital Partners, the investment company run by Amanda Staveley, signed a confidentiality agreement with the club's owners.

Staveley's organisation will now begin a period of due diligence of club finances after Sky Sports News revealed on Monday that owner Mike Ashley had put the club up for sale - and wants a deal completed by Christmas.

Ashley is rumoured to want around £400m for the club, according to sources in the north east, and PCP Capital Partners are understood to be taking a close look at as many as three Premier League clubs, including Liverpool.

It is understood that reports of a £300m bid from Staveley are premature - with a formal offer not expected until accountants have pored over the club's books.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' The Sale of Newcastle United '

Postby northernbluebird » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:04 pm

£400m is too much. i suspect the price will be £270-300m.

incredible to think how ashley will virtually double his money and yet they have been relegated twice, and are, footballing wise, worse off then when he first joined.

i also suspect the price is being driven higher by the fact they have benitez at the helm, which is dangerous given that he will not be there long. ashley is looking to exit at the highest price, and the club superficially looks in good shape at the moment. i can almost guarantee newcastle fans will still be moaning in 5 years time, though.
northernbluebird

Re: ' The Sale of Newcastle United '

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 pm

:thumbright:
northernbluebird wrote:£400m is too much. i suspect the price will be £270-300m.

incredible to think how ashley will virtually double his money and yet they have been relegated twice, and are, footballing wise, worse off then when he first joined.

i also suspect the price is being driven higher by the fact they have benitez at the helm, which is dangerous given that he will not be there long. ashley is looking to exit at the highest price, and the club superficially looks in good shape at the moment. i can almost guarantee newcastle fans will still be moaning in 5 years time, though.

Around £300m is the cost but talk of £500m to £600m needed to upgrade capacity and playing staff to compete with likes of spurs ect! Mind you the hedge fund buying them is reported to be worth £29billion . :o
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat