Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sean Dyche £2.5mill

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am

Sean Dyche will cost Leicester City a compensation package of around £2.5m if they try to make the Burnley boss their next manager.(Daily Mail)

Re: Sean Dyche £2.5mill

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:48 pm

2.5M Is nothing today in football - Dyche would be mad to go there with all that has happen before .

Club now thinks its full of superstars - 1 season wonders comes to mind - CR - Magic Tinker Man ;)

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:08 pm

it's probably the time for dyche to cash in. leicester have more quality than burnley, who may be going well at the moment, but are almost certain to be relegated within 2 seasons, 3 at most. burnley have been loyal to him, though, so he has more security there.

he's a solid, honest manager who is in a good patch. they could do worse, to be fair.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 pm

northernbluebird wrote:it's probably the time for dyche to cash in. leicester have more quality than burnley, who may be going well at the moment, but are almost certain to be relegated within 2 seasons, 3 at most. burnley have been loyal to him, though, so he has more security there.

he's a solid, honest manager who is in a good patch. they could do worse, to be fair.

its a good point but im sure he can do better than Leicester..i dont mean a top 4 club just one that has some semblance of the real world..

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 pm

dogfound wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:it's probably the time for dyche to cash in. leicester have more quality than burnley, who may be going well at the moment, but are almost certain to be relegated within 2 seasons, 3 at most. burnley have been loyal to him, though, so he has more security there.

its a good point but im sure he can do better than Leicester..i dont mean a top 4 club just one that has some semblance of the real world..

the thing with burnley is that even if they are relegated they will still probably stick with him. leicester are obviously more of a hire and fire club - but they have more potential than burnley, and they have better players.

i agree he may well find a more stable club if he waits, but there is no guarantee.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 am

If I was Dyche I would stay out and wait for a more stable club who will you support you. Leicester won't hang around six defeats with Shakespeare same with Claudio even with his credit in the bag and they both went.

Dyche has to be careful look at the job moyes did at Preston then Everton and went to united and it all came crashing down. His stock his high at the moment but he has to think carefully if his next move.

Another manager I would like to have seen managing England and. It Southgate !

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:29 am

If Dyche holds on , I can see him going to Everton , I think that will be a good fit.
Only wish he had come here, when Malky offered him the assistant manager's role, after working together at Watford. But he obviously wanted to be a manager, in his own right. He has definitely proved his worth. After a shaky spell at Watford , who have the she hire/ fire mentality as Leicester.