“ Newcastle United for sale “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:45 pm

BBC

Monday 16th October 2017

Premier League club Newcastle United have been put up for sale by owner Mike Ashley.

The Magpies have been relegated twice from the English top flight during Ashley's 10-year reign.

After winning promotion last season, Rafael Benitez's side are ninth in the Premier League after eight matches.

"Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future," a club statement said.

Ashley, 53, has been a divisive figure at St James' Park since taking over in 2007, with some supporters regularly protesting about the way the businessman has run the club.

Financier Amanda Staveley, 44, has been reported to be interested in buying the club after being seen watching Newcastle's 1-1 home draw against Liverpool earlier this month.

"To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale."

Ashley also put the club up for sale in September 2008 following a series of protests by supporters angered by Kevin Keegan's departure as manager.

He took the club off the market in December that year, but announced he wanted to sell again after relegation in May 2009 before again ending his attempt to sell the club five months later.
Attachments
3500.jpg
3500.jpg (56.76 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Newcastle United for sale “

Postby Jock » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I wish nothing but failure for every Ashley business and for his gravy filled black heart.
Jock

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm

I imagine he'll put a 50% reduced price sticker on St James Park and throw in a massive Sports Direct mug.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I imagine he'll put a 50% reduced price sticker on St James Park and throw in a massive Sports Direct mug.

;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Dahboy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Ow much dus e wan for it.
Dahboy

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Dahboy wrote:Ow much dus e wan for it.

Would you prefer your quote in Yuan sir?
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby wez1927 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 am

not surprised hes off hes spent a fortune on them and for nothing really
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21 pm

A very successful businessman, he has ploughed money into the Toon and for no reason really.

Jock wrote:I wish nothing but failure for every Ashley business and for his gravy filled black heart.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Jock » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:A very successful businessman, he has ploughed money into the Toon and for no reason really.

Jock wrote:I wish nothing but failure for every Ashley business and for his gravy filled black heart.

He a sociopath and I hope he dies screaming in agony, how much of his own money has he put into Newcastle, what merchandising rights does he hold, he was getting 93p in the pound from Rangers.
Jock

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 am

Exactly, a good businessman, and come on we all know Newcastle are way bigger than Rangers :old:

Jock wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:A very successful businessman, he has ploughed money into the Toon and for no reason really.

He a sociopath and I hope he dies screaming in agony, how much of his own money has he put into Newcastle, what merchandising rights does he hold, he was getting 93p in the pound from Rangers.
1980s Bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 am

Jock wrote:

so he was lossing 7 percent of his investment ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:57 am

Newcastle have reacted sceptically to reports that Turkish businessman Murat Ulker wants to buy the club for £220m. (Daily Telegraph)
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Amanda Staveley’s takeover of Newcastle United has moved a step closer after it emerged she is expected to make a formal bid to buy the club in the next few weeks.

Current owner Mike Ashley released a statement earlier this week confirming that he wants to sell and hopes to have completed a deal before the end of the year. While that merely confirmed what has been widely known since June, it has increased the sense of urgency surrounding the negotiations given the limited time scale.

That has not discouraged Staveley and there has been steady progress made behind the scenes since she first met club officials after Newcastle’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool back on October 1st.

Telegraph Sport revealed details of that meeting, as well as confirmation of Staveley’s interest and it is thought a deal is moving closer all the time.
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat