" We won our first 5 games... "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby JayCee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 pm

But we’ve only won 2 of the following 7. Have teams found us out? Should we be starting to worry?

My opinion is that it is down to a lack of creativity in midfield, and asking Zohore to do too much on his own without support.

Watching on Friday afternoon it seems to me that we should use our chasing down more wisely and intermittently instead of chasing everything that the back four does. Hoillet at one point ran 50 yards sprinting from defender to defeender to keeper. That’s s lot of energy used for no real gain.

Keep something back for explosive attacking moves. It was a bad day at the office but the team were cursed from the beginning with no real attacking threat from the middle. For me Damour offers a hell of a lot more than Ralls.
JayCee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We won our first 5 games...

Postby KJblue » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 pm

We've definitely lost some creativity, I agree with chasing needless balls but if we are going to press the ball it should be en masse with a select few forward / midfield players pressing up.
Not overly concerned about our recent lack.of success as I belive we have a very talented squad and hopefully we can have some of our injured players back.up to speed in order to.create competition for places, a draw against boro then back to the ccs for a home win will keep us on a 2pts per game ratio which is promotion material.
KJblue

Return to General Chat