Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' 50 Police called to Football Pub '

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm

My view, I wish they would be like this in protecting the UK borders and drugs etc in the uk

Bristol Rovers v Oxford United

Video
Link
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/brist ... rse-628590

Woman seen ‘punching police horse’ during football fan fight outside pub after Bristol Rovers match

Bristol Post

Saturday 14th October 2017

Police swarm Wellington Pub in clash with football fans

A woman was seen “punching a police horse” during a fight outside a pub following Bristol Rovers’ 1-0 defeat to Oxford.

Fans clashed outside The Wellington pub on Saturday, October 14, shortly after the full-time whistle at the Memorial.

During the commotion, which more than 50 uniformed officers were called to, a member of staff at the pub said they saw a woman punch a police horse and attempt to pull its rider to the ground.

Dozens of uniformed police officers were seen running towards The Wellington pub shortly after the final whistle at the Memorial

“Rovers lost 1-0 in the last few minutes of the match and the Oxford fans came back to the pub after and it all kicked off,” the bartender, who asked not to be named, explained.

“They were throwing people up against a wall. There was a woman punching a police horse and trying to grab the officer.”

Police were filmed ushering fans away from the scene onto Horfield Common
The altercation was quickly resolved by police, who were seen ushering a group of fans onto Horfield Common.

Despite reports of multiple arrests being made, a spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police said only one individual was detained – though not the woman who attacked a horse.

Police and fans gathered outside The Wellington pub in Gloucester Road
The bartender added: “The woman who punched the horse wasn’t arrested – she came back in to finish her drink afterwards.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' 50 Police called to Football Pub '

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:54 pm

During the commotion, which more than 50 uniformed officers were called to, a member of staff at the pub said they saw a woman punch a police horse and attempt to pull its rider to the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:36 pm

What U think the police should ignore this behaviour do u annis

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:48 pm

We drank in there before the cup game last season.

No problem whatsoever, fans of both clubs mixing happily.

The way it should be

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:46 am

Steve since 62 wrote:What U think the police should ignore this behaviour do u annis

No I never said that at all, I'm saying they get 50 police with in mins for football fans, but much more serious things are happening in the UK and you know that.

City go all the way to Middlesborough an example on say Tuesday nights and we have taken 89 fans including my daughter and myself and Cardiff send up police, yet on our four previous visits with City taking 100/300 etc fans still no trouble and Cardiff have sent police time and time again, when there is No need at all for them,they could be solving real crime in Cardiff.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve since 62 wrote:What U think the police should ignore this behaviour do u annis

No I never said that at all, I'm saying they get 50 police with in mins for football fans, but much more serious things are happening in the UK and you know that.

City go all the way to Middlesborough an example on say Tuesday nights and we have taken 89 fans including my daughter and myself and Cardiff send up police, yet on our four previous visits with City taking 100/300 etc fans still no trouble and Cardiff have sent police time and time again, when there is No need at all for them,they could be solving real crime in Cardiff.

Its a nice little jolly for the cops with OT thats why police love doing majority of games no trouble but plenty OT nice little earner! while cops can't be bothered to go out to crimes as no one available. :roll:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Its a nice little jolly for the cops with OT thats why police love doing majority of games no trouble but plenty OT nice little earner! while cops can't be bothered to go out to crimes as no one available. :roll:

Sadly Spot on Allan.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Spot on Allan.

Just read article where the met will stop investigating minor crime like criminal damage or shoplifting if amount is small To save money!! Thin end of wedge really but they can spend 100 man hours looking for some milwall fans celebrating a goal at Wembley just because came on pitch and no-one was attacked or injured? :|

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Spot on Allan.

Just read article where the met will stop investigating minor crime like criminal damage or shoplifting if amount is small To save money!! Thin end of wedge really but they can spend 100 man hours looking for some milwall fans celebrating a goal at Wembley just because came on pitch and no-one was attacked or injured? :|

Allan, Its obscene money wasted, Cardiff have virtually zero trouble now for the last 6 years and the Authorities no that 99% of our away games will have no trouble at all, yet we said 3 or 4 police to these away games, costing fortunes.
I can say right at the beginning of the season where their might be a bit of trouble at Cardiff games and so can the Authorities, surely with all their knowledge and money spent.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Spot on Allan.

Allan, Its obscene money wasted, Cardiff have virtually zero trouble now for the last 6 years and the Authorities no that 99% of our away games will have no trouble at all, yet we said 3 or 4 police to these away games, costing fortunes.
I can say right at the beginning of the season where their might be a bit of trouble at Cardiff games and so can the Authorities, surely with all their knowledge and money spent.

Apparently they use video camera now to put faces on data base for face recognition ! See them on sloper rd by away entrance just videoing people for mo reason.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Spot on Allan.

Apparently they use video camera now to put faces on data base for face recognition ! See them on sloper rd by away entrance just videoing people for mo reason.

Allan,
The stuff will have cost thousands, plus the time, real criminals are out there, with serious crimes happening.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:16 pm

its a nice little jolly for police at most football games nowadays - they probably get paid a double shift to stand around chatting whilst nothing happens. several games at CCFC there have been police, even horse mounted police, when they clearly aren't needed.

as it happens, in my opinion having police makes confrontation and violence more likely as drunk / childish fans play up to police being there. treat people like children and they are more likely to act like that.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:22 pm

further to that - its no wonder the police love going to matches as they get to charge the club - if the officers were deployed on the streets they can't charge anyone anything.