" Away ticket prices in the Championship "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby davids » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Seeing that the carrot crunchers are asking over £30 for a ticket next month I was wndering if anyone could clarify the basis on which clubs set the prices for away fans?

I seem to remember something about a club not being able to charge away fans more than they charge home fans for a similar area of the ground or was I imagining that? If that's right then does it mean that the Wurzels are charging their own fans over £30 on the night to go in the opposite end behind the stand?

Or is it the case that a club can charge whatever amount they like to away fans regardless of what they are charging their own fans? If that's right then surely our club should be charging away fans at least the same amount as those clubs are charging us when we go to them.

The amounts charged by clubs like Leeds, Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday etc are an absoulte disgrace, especially when you think of the facilities at their respective shithole grounds and the way we are treated by the police and stewards at those grounds.

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on what can be charged for away fans or is it whatever amount the thieving, greedy, money grabbing tosspots can get away with?
davids

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Away ticket prices in the Championship

Postby Lawnmower » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 pm

No restrictions.
I would like to see us say to clubs 'we will charge you what you charge us'

Would be nice if the league set a fixed figure.

£20 adults, £10 young adults, students, oap, £ 5 schoolkids
Lawnmower

Postby skiprat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Anyone noticed the worse the state of a ground the more they charge for tickets.Sheffield Wednesday being a prime example.
skiprat

Re: " Away ticket prices in the Championship "

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Out of principle I wont pay over 30 quid....keep missing sheffield wed and leeds games as prices are scandalous. Fulham know how to do it
boyo1927

Postby AV3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:No restrictions.
I would like to see us say to clubs 'we will charge you what you charge us'

Would be nice if the league set a fixed figure.

£20 adults, £10 young adults, students, oap, £ 5 schoolkids

This same debate took place on here some time back.

While I understand your argument, it is not one that I agree with. The main reason why I disagree is because the majority of greedy clubs who charge extortionate prices do not care twopence about their own fans or what they have to fork out to watch a game. By increasing the prices, the only people who suffer are fellow football fans, like you and me - Not the greedy clubs who don't care.

What Sheffield Wednesday do is scandalous but as someone else mentioned, they have to charge their own fans the same price. They get round it by having a completely different price per game if you buy a season ticket.

Reading have an agreement with other clubs that the will only charge £20 if that club reciprocate the price for the return fixture. I think that more clubs should do this. Reading also charged £10 for anyone under 21 which I thought was very generous as well.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby gergisabluebird » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:18 pm

davids wrote:Seeing that the carrot crunchers are asking over £30 for a ticket next month I was wndering if anyone could clarify the basis on which clubs set the prices for away fans?

I seem to remember something about a club not being able to charge away fans more than they charge home fans for a similar area of the ground or was I imagining that? If that's right then does it mean that the Wurzels are charging their own fans over £30 on the night to go in the opposite end behind the stand?

Or is it the case that a club can charge whatever amount they like to away fans regardless of what they are charging their own fans? If that's right then surely our club should be charging away fans at least the same amount as those clubs are charging us when we go to them.

The amounts charged by clubs like Leeds, Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday etc are an absoulte disgrace, especially when you think of the facilities at their respective shithole grounds and the way we are treated by the police and stewards at those grounds.

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on what can be charged for away fans or is it whatever amount the thieving, greedy, money grabbing tosspots can get away with?

Bristol ticketing site is showing that they are charging general sale prices between 31.00 (family stand) up to 41.00 for an adult ticket for the Cardiff game (26.00 to 36.00 for members) - the game has been categorised as a category 'gold' pricing structure hence the price hike.

So they are also 'robbing' their own fans.

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/doc ... %20PDF.pdf
gergisabluebird

Postby dogfound » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm

davids wrote:Seeing that the carrot crunchers are asking over £30 for a ticket next month I was wndering if anyone could clarify the basis on which clubs set the prices for away fans?

not sure if its an EFL rule or agreement amongst all clubs. but you cannot charge away fans more for a similar seat to what you charge home fans.. their home prices for this game seem in line with what they are charging us.
dogfound

Return to General Chat