Our players set us up for the vitriol we are now getting

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

With the ridiculous reaction to Iceland beating England. No wonder there are people all over us. I also the players got a bit cocky after the Euros and aren't putting the work in they once did.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Our players set us up for the vitriol we are now getting

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 pm

rubbish we were always gonna get stick, the Scottish got it just as bad over the weekend.
WelshPatriot

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:rubbish we were always gonna get stick, the Scottish got it just as bad over the weekend.

It's a lot worse than the Scots got.
maccydee

Postby Philippine blue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:47 am

Don't worry we can laugh at England again soon enough.
Philippine blue

Postby Bonner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am

Getting stick is a compliment.. shows how much notice they take of this small nation of ours...
Embrace it.. and give it back big time when they flop in Russia .
Bonner

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 am

what I said to my English work colleagues is this - tell me it wasn't laughable, and I won't laugh...funnily enough, not one of them could tell me it wasn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am

Bonner wrote:Getting stick is a compliment.. shows how much notice they take of this small nation of ours...
Embrace it.. and give it back big time when they flop in Russia .

We can't give stick for their performance in a competition we failed to qualify for.
maccydee

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

England always qualify and always go out early losing to teams like Boratonia so I wouldn't worry about it. And we will always remind them that they ran from the Russian bumbags.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby moonboots » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

maccydee wrote:With the ridiculous reaction to Iceland beating England. No wonder there are people all over us. I also the players got a bit cocky after the Euros and aren't putting the work in they once did.

England losing to Iceland was exceptionally funny though. Probably the best so far. :ayatollah:
moonboots

Postby Vincent Man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Vincent Man

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am

moonboots wrote:
maccydee wrote:With the ridiculous reaction to Iceland beating England. No wonder there are people all over us. I also the players got a bit cocky after the Euros and aren't putting the work in they once did.

England losing to Iceland was exceptionally funny though. Probably the best so far. :ayatollah:

I don't get why? I have English friends. Want them to do well.

Probably quite hard for Ben Davies to explain to Harry Kane why he and his mates were cheering England going out of the Euros. The
maccydee

Postby AV3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:England always qualify and always go out early losing to teams like Boratonia so I wouldn't worry about it. And we will always remind them that they ran from the Russian bumbags.

ROFL

As if you lot would have stood on.

Not everyone ran either. Many stood their ground. Would you have done the same?

I always find that the ones who are quickest to criticise others are usually the first to leave you
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 pm

AV3 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:England always qualify and always go out early losing to teams like Boratonia so I wouldn't worry about it. And we will always remind them that they ran from the Russian bumbags.

ROFL

As if you lot would have stood on.

Not everyone ran either. Many stood their ground. Would you have done the same?

I always find that the ones who are quickest to criticise others are usually the first to leave you

I stood against your pricks when you came down here a season ago sunshine. Why do you hang around on a Cardiff board like a bad smell mate, haven't you got your own forum to go to or are you not welcome there either?
GrangeEndStar

Postby AV3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm

That wasn't the question though was it sonny?

Anyone who mocks what happened in France is clearly not a football lad

As for the villa forums, no I don't go on them and yes I doubt I'd be welcome
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Had this discussion with English colleagueswho rightly so ripped me about Wales I laughed it off it's banter they'll get it back in turn but when they asked mewhy the dislike I told them, grow up watching the news wait for the sports news you'll watch a 3 minute report about England then as a favour they'll mention the scores of any games Wales, Scotland or Ireland may have been involved in, grow up going to the football as a kid where opposition fans call you sheep sh##gging c##nts and so on, grow up going to away games where opposition fans mob up to"get the taffs" grow up when every tournament 1966 crops up....again....you kind of build up a dislike not necessarily personal but a dislike for their international teams.
WelshPatriot

Postby AV3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Had this discussion with English colleagueswho rightly so ripped me about Wales I laughed it off it's banter they'll get it back in turn but when they asked mewhy the dislike I told them, grow up watching the news wait for the sports news you'll watch a 3 minute report about England then as a favour they'll mention the scores of any games Wales, Scotland or Ireland may have been involved in, grow up going to the football as a kid where opposition fans call you sheep sh##gging c##nts and so on, grow up going to away games where opposition fans mob up to"get the taffs" grow up when every tournament 1966 crops up....again....you kind of build up a dislike not necessarily personal but a dislike for their international teams.

Mate, seriously, you don't realise how small time you are making yourself look.

TV and papers are going to release new that the majority of people are going to be interested in. If 70% f the viewers are English and 30% Welsh, they will not stay in business for very long focusing on Welsh reports.

From where I'm sitting, you've had one good tournament in your lives and all of a sudden, you think you are our equals in football terms. If it wasn't for Gareth Bale, I doubt you'd even have had that tournament.

From where I'm sitting, you're all just coming across as the Birmingham City of the UK. Sorry if I've missed something but come on, surely you can see the irony of celebrating England getting knocked out of a tournament that you couldn't even qualify for?

No opposition fans "mob up" against you, unless you're talking about your invasions of places like Bury or Rotherham. Come on, landing on those towns is hardly the stuff that legends are made of is it?
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Thought England/Wales stuck together over there..no prob with the piss take, reap what you sow.

Always wish England well, although they have looked fairly brainless since Italia 90..
rumpo kid

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:54 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Thought England/Wales stuck together over there..no prob with the piss take, reap what you sow.

Always wish England well, although they have looked fairly brainless since Italia 90..

They did stick together and it was brilliant to do that.
maccydee

Postby since64 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 pm

AV3 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Had this discussion with English colleagueswho rightly so ripped me about Wales I laughed it off it's banter they'll get it back in turn but when they asked mewhy the dislike I told them, grow up watching the news wait for the sports news you'll watch a 3 minute report about England then as a favour they'll mention the scores of any games Wales, Scotland or Ireland may have been involved in, grow up going to the football as a kid where opposition fans call you sheep sh##gging c##nts and so on, grow up going to away games where opposition fans mob up to"get the taffs" grow up when every tournament 1966 crops up....again....you kind of build up a dislike not necessarily personal but a dislike for their international teams.

TV and papers are going to release new that the majority of people are going to be interested in. If 70% f the viewers are English and 30% Welsh, they will not stay in business for very long focusing on Welsh reports.

From where I'm sitting, you've had one good tournament in your lives and all of a sudden, you think you are our equals in football terms. If it wasn't for Gareth Bale, I doubt you'd even have had that tournament.

From where I'm sitting, you're all just coming across as the Birmingham City of the UK. Sorry if I've missed something but come on, surely you can see the irony of celebrating England getting knocked out of a tournament that you couldn't even qualify for?

No opposition fans "mob up" against you, unless you're talking about your invasions of places like Bury or Rotherham. Come on, landing on those towns is hardly the stuff that legends are made of is it?

Have to agree with your first paragraph,and that’s what makes it so comical for me,the English and their total obsession with the game of football 24 hour coverage on tv and radio stations dedicated to the beautiful game and yet since 66 zero success yet for us any success we get is in spite of not because of any football infrastructure cause to be honest we have none.As for one good tournament well ok but it depends how you measure success but at whatever level it’s measured apart from 66 (by the way that’s over 50 years ago Jesus even l barely remember it) what success have you had?Measured against the likes of wales Scotland or Ireland fair enough you’ve had plenty,but In the meantime Germany France Italy Spain have laughed longer and harder at your failed efforts than ever the rest of the home nations have ,so sorry l for one will continue to laugh that such a football obsessed nation of over 55 million keep coming up short every tournament but keep trying please it makes for hilarious entertainment for the rest of us,As regards hooliganism the English disease by the way do you think this was born out of frustration at your apparent lack of success on the international stage?
since64

Postby AV3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Not sure you were actually referring to my first paragraph, which stated that you were small time. If you are agreeing that you are small time then fair enough.

I also find it confusing that you think it is "infrastructure" that is the reasoning behind England qualifying for competitions and nothing to do with the fact that they are actually better than Wales.

Do you think that infrastructure determines who wins world cups?

You keep on laughing - It is a bit like Villa & Cardiff laughing at Spurs for not winning anything since the year dot.

You've got to be in it to win it pal. Still, if it turns you on to "continually laugh" then crack on. 'm glad it makes "hilarious entertainment" for you.

As for the "English disease", I assume by your username, you are old enough to remember the Welsh fans gracefully accepting being knocked out of the World cup by Yugoslavia? Was that borne out of lack of success or was it just good old fashioned bad sportsmanship?
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:48 pm

AV3 wrote:

I see you only selected parts of my post to pick on.

I didn't say they should focus on Welsh news did I? I pointed out frustrations when England, Wales Ireland and Scotland play on the same night and England get a 2 minute report then the results of the other games get read out. If you think that makes me small-time well your a bit weird my friend.

I not once mention Wales being a footballing giant on the world scene yet you've decided I have....again weird....however as you've brought it up for you believe that because England won the world cup in 66 your team is somehow more important than Wales Scotlandand Ireland because that's what your implying...its that exact sort of attitude that people despise.

You then mention me celebrating England getting knocked out of a tournament we couldn't even qualify for. Again not something I said....isnt it weird how you keep changing every thing I said....what I actually said was I took the piss taking off my English colleagues this week as banter nothing more nothing else and that should England fail they'll get it back (banter) and my colleagues will be fully expecting it. It's called humour. They rip me I rip them.

Again you say I imply other firms join up well I didn't day that what I meant was they have traditionally always pulled good numbers when the "taffs are in town" to have a pop at us. But yes you may not know over the years (don't know how old you are) but some English firms have mobbed up togethervfor a host the tags especially in London.

Again you say about "landing on these towns is hardly stuff of legends" please enlighten me as to when i claimed such a thing?

I merely pointed out:

A. I have banter about international football with my English colleagues.

B. Reasons why being Welsh a dislike for English football exists

You for some reason took it upon yourself to make up a load of nonsense about my original post.
WelshPatriot

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:

I didn't say they should focus on Welsh news did I? I pointed out frustrations when England, Wales Ireland and Scotland play on the same night and England get a 2 minute report then the results of the other games get read out. If you think that makes me small-time well your a bit weird my friend.

I not once mention Wales being a footballing giant on the world scene yet you've decided I have....again weird....however as you've brought it up for you believe that because England won the world cup in 66 your team is somehow more important than Wales Scotlandand Ireland because that's what your implying...its that exact sort of attitude that people despise.

You then mention me celebrating England getting knocked out of a tournament we couldn't even qualify for. Again not something I said....isnt it weird how you keep changing every thing I said....what I actually said was I took the piss taking off my English colleagues this week as banter nothing more nothing else and that should England fail they'll get it back (banter) and my colleagues will be fully expecting it. It's called humour. They rip me I rip them.

Again you say I imply other firms join up well I didn't day that what I meant was they have traditionally always pulled good numbers when the "taffs are in town" to have a pop at us. But yes you may not know over the years (don't know how old you are) but some English firms have mobbed up togethervfor a host the tags especially in London.

Again you say about "landing on these towns is hardly stuff of legends" please enlighten me as to when i claimed such a thing?

I merely pointed out:

You for some reason took it upon yourself to make up a load of nonsense about my original post.

In his defence he is quite clearly a clown.
maccydee

Postby AV3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:

I merely pointed out:

You stated that the reason you dislike England is because they give England more coverage in a three minute bulletin - That to me stinks of being small time.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Judging by his posts, I suspect AV3 is yet another multi of the internet's loneliest person. Ignore from now on.

Needs to change his name to Small Time. Cuckoo.
GrangeEndStar

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:17 pm

AV3 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:

I merely pointed out:

You stated that the reason you dislike England is because they give England more coverage in a three minute bulletin - That to me stinks of being small time.

No I gave a combinationof reasons that all combined explain a dislike for the English you buffoon. You've decided to focus on one part.
WelshPatriot

Postby AV3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Please don't call me a "buffoon" on the internet, it really bothers me.

Oh so sorry, yes my mistake, you've been called a sheepshagger as well and it contributed to your dislike of the English :lol:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm

AV3 wrote:Please don't call me a "buffoon" on the internet, it really bothers me.

Oh so sorry, yes my mistake, you've been called a sheepshagger as well and it contributed to your dislike of the English :lol:

Well done for the first time in this thread you've actually read my post in full.
WelshPatriot

Postby AV3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:Please don't call me a "buffoon" on the internet, it really bothers me.

Well done for the first time in this thread you've actually read my post in full.

No I read it the first time. I just couldn't believe that someone would get wound up because a set of fans were chanting "sheepshaggers" :lol:

It's not small time to get upset by such nasty chants though is it? :lol:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm

AV3 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

No I read it the first time. I just couldn't believe that someone would get wound up because a set of fans were chanting "sheepshaggers" :lol:

It's not small time to get upset by such nasty chants though is it? :lol:

Your struggling understanding quite a simple explanation. Give it up, I have noticed you've stopped making up quotes now.
WelshPatriot

Postby nubbsy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 pm

AV3 wrote:That wasn't the question though was it sonny?

Anyone who mocks what happened in France is clearly not a football lad

As for the villa forums, no I don't go on them and yes I doubt I'd be welcome

The funniest bit for me was hearing you lot winge and complain about the way they tucked you up... Like every town and city you tore to shreds for 30 years wad completely gentlemanly like. Difference is Wales has never asked for trouble... England have and the way you reacted now it's come full circle was, for me, quite amusing.
nubbsy

Next

Return to General Chat