Come on Ireland !!!!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Come on Ireland !!!!!

Postby Makaay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Being wondering all day should i post cause i know im leaving myself open to alot of abuse especially come 10 tonight and we have taking a kicking.

But footy is all about the banter aint it. Be so strange watching a game at the ccs and cheering on the away team. lol.

Honest prediction head says 1-0 wales win. But f**k the head its all about the heart. Lets go Ireland. Robbie Brady 90th minute winner. Come on you boys in green !!!!!!!
Makaay

Come on Ireland !!!!!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Come on Ireland !!!!!

Postby KJblue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:11 pm

With home advantage we should definitely score so even if you fluke a goal it's ours for the taking,enjoy the match but tell your mates in Dublin to get the sandbags out as the Liffey will be flooded with grown mens tears, Wales Wales!!!! .
KJblue

Postby Makaay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:52 pm

KJblue wrote:With home advantage we should definitely score so even if you fluke a goal it's ours for the taking,enjoy the match but tell your mates in Dublin to get the sandbags out as the Liffey will be flooded with grown mens tears, Wales Wales!!!! .

After seeing the Irish team i agree with you. Need to win game and we are going with 1 striker and no creative midfielder. I need a pint already
Makaay

Postby KJblue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 pm

best of luck mate
KJblue

Postby Makaay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm

KJblue wrote:best of luck mate

Cheers pal hope one of us make it to the world cup. If yous do us ill defo be cheering you on in the playoffs
Makaay

Postby KJblue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Fair play,best of luck Ireland, Fecking feck, feck, feck, Drink!
KJblue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm

KJblue wrote:Fair play,best of luck Ireland, Fecking feck, feck, feck, Drink!

Feck that, I hope they lose the playoffs :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Makaay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Im exhausted just watching it. Really wish we could both go to russia. 2 best sets of fan in europe.

Now come on Ireland. No point winning tonight unless we qualify
Makaay

Postby stentona » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Sour grapes n all that but I hope they get drawn against Italy. Dreadful football :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: which I wouldn't get paid to watch. As for McLean. Shouldn't have been on the pitch after all the fouls he got away with.
stentona

Postby KJblue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Agreed, awful game to watch., we just couldn't overcome a physical approach by the Irish, very predictable tactics, very frustrating, take me a while to get over this one.
KJblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:47 am

KJblue wrote:Agreed, awful game to watch., we just couldn't overcome a physical approach by the Irish, very predictable tactics, very frustrating, take me a while to get over this one.

Agree. That game needed a strong ref. He didn't cope with Allen getting smashed. Lost control.

As for their constant fouling and barking orders at him! Eventually booked two of them for giving him stick and time wasting. McLean and Meyler couldn't have argued with 3 yellows a piece with a different ref.
jimmy_rat

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 am

Politics aside McLean is one of the most hateful gypsy players one could meet on the pitch .

That was like watching a desperate team bully another team off the pitch .

They won't progress .

Not sour grapes , that wasn't football
NIBluebird

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Makaay wrote:Im exhausted just watching it. Really wish we could both go to russia. 2 best sets of fan in europe.

I really, really hope you lose in the playoffs against whoever you play. If it's a dodgy handball or a bad decision all the better.
maccydee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Seem to be a few bitter people around. Ireland managed the game well, did what they needed to do to have a chance of qualifying, and knew their limitations but still manged to outsmart us, despite missing a few players themselves. Love all the accusations of time wasting, bullying tactics etc. as if we would'nt have done the same ourselves if we had scored first. Performance was irrelevant last night, the only thing that counted was getting a chance at the play offs. Funny how nearly every defeat suffered by Wales or Cardiff is met with the same comments each time. Always the ref or time wasting or we had to travel too far. None of these comments are ever made if we win.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Seem to be a few bitter people around. Ireland managed the game well, did what they needed to do to have a chance of qualifying, and knew their limitations but still manged to outsmart us, despite missing a few players themselves. Love all the accusations of time wasting, bullying tactics etc. as if we would'nt have done the same ourselves if we had scored first. Performance was irrelevant last night, the only thing that counted was getting a chance at the play offs. Funny how nearly every defeat suffered by Wales or Cardiff is met with the same comments each time. Always the ref or time wasting or we had to travel too far. None of these comments are ever made if we win.

It was the anti football that got me. I can take losing I just can't abide thuggery which is what they did both legs.
maccydee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Seem to be a few bitter people around. Ireland managed the game well, did what they needed to do to have a chance of qualifying, and knew their limitations but still manged to outsmart us, despite missing a few players themselves. Love all the accusations of time wasting, bullying tactics etc. as if we would'nt have done the same ourselves if we had scored first. Performance was irrelevant last night, the only thing that counted was getting a chance at the play offs. Funny how nearly every defeat suffered by Wales or Cardiff is met with the same comments each time. Always the ref or time wasting or we had to travel too far. None of these comments are ever made if we win.

It was the anti football that got me. I can take losing I just can't abide thuggery which is what they did both legs.

But that's what Cardiff have been accused of all season. In fact, most of Warnock's teams seem to get accused of being a bit rough. The Irish players and their fans won't care, they got what they came for. If our players had acted in the same way, as long as we had qualified we would all be happy, and the Irish fans would have been having this conversation. You do what you have to do to win, especially if you have limited resources and not a huge amount of talent. Have to play to your strengths and do what it takes to punch above your weight.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

But that's what Cardiff have been accused of all season. In fact, most of Warnock's teams seem to get accused of being a bit rough. The Irish players and their fans won't care, they got what they came for. If our players had acted in the same way, as long as we had qualified we would all be happy, and the Irish fans would have been having this conversation. You do what you have to do to win, especially if you have limited resources and not a huge amount of talent. Have to play to your strengths and do what it takes to punch above your weight.

I hated it when we did this under Malky. Under Warnock we are nothing like it. We don't set up with a packed defence straight from kick off. Man for man Republic of Ireland are superior to Northern Ireland but Northern Ireland don't do this.
maccydee

Postby Makaay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:36 pm

maccydee wrote:
Makaay wrote:Im exhausted just watching it. Really wish we could both go to russia. 2 best sets of fan in europe.

I really, really hope you lose in the playoffs against whoever you play. If it's a dodgy handball or a bad decision all the better.

Hahahahahahaha. Well i will enjoy the playoffs and hope we can make it to Russia. You and your bitterness can find a nice wee corner to rot in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it attractive. God no. Do i care. Oh hell no! Despite a small minority of bitter people in here i do wish both Ireland and Wales could of reached Russia in my opinion both among the greatest fans on the planet. Yous will certainly be missed, just hope we can now finish the job and make the world cup. :occasion5: :happy1:
Makaay

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Makaay wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Hahahahahahaha. Well i will enjoy the playoffs and hope we can make it to Russia. You and your bitterness can find a nice wee corner to rot in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it attractive. God no. Do i care. Oh hell no! Despite a small minority of bitter people in here i do wish both Ireland and Wales could of reached Russia in my opinion both among the greatest fans on the planet. Yous will certainly be missed, just hope we can now finish the job and make the world cup. :occasion5: :happy1:

You are right we are.

My mood has tempered a bit. Still hope you lose the play offs but I want there to be no dodgy handballs just a good old fashioned pummelling from a better team than us.
maccydee

Postby Makaay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
Makaay wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You are right we are.

My mood has tempered a bit. Still hope you lose the play offs but I want there to be no dodgy handballs just a good old fashioned pummelling from a better team than us.

HAHA ok ok that could happen. Hopefully it doesnt but if it does i will be first to hold my hands up and congratulate them. Cheers pal :)
Makaay

Return to General Chat