Have City upset BBC Wales?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Have City upset BBC Wales?

Postby dogfound » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:57 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:The only thing I like about BBC Wales is that it allows me to perve over Kate Morgan. Otherwise it's a big bag of parochial shite. Good day sir.

no idea who she is..so i googled her..what a disappointment..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Morgan

Nice one :laughing6: although she might have got better with age 8-)

Lovely Kate Morgan. And she's got a lovely ginger merkin.

images.jpg

yes i did figure.{and i agree..nice }..but the 1st one up was that ghost in a hotel bird.
thought you completely lost the plot.
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby avondaleblue » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:08 am

Surprisingly I had a reply from the BBC regarding not mentioning City's result against Leeds last week. They said we did show the goals in the late bulletin after the game last Tuesday, and did show the goals in 3 news bulletins during Breakfast News the following morning, and with the importance of the Championship table and Cardiff City's attempts to reach the Premier League we acknowledge we should have reported the game and goals on Wednesday's evening news bulletin. They said sorry. Won't hold my breath on the next evening game being reported though!
avondaleblue

Postby 6blubirds » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:13 am

This was the reply I received today, fair enough! :

Thank you for contacting us regarding our BBC Wales Today programme.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy the Cardiff match wasn’t discussed as part of our Wednesday evening bulletin.

The goals from the match were shown immediately after the final whistle in our late evening bulletin on Tuesday, and again in three of our bulletins during Breakfast News on Wednesday morning. However, given the significance of the result on the Championship table and on Cardiff City’s chances of promotion to the Premier League, we accept that we should have also featured the result on Wednesday evening’s main bulletin.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us and I hope this clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely,

Peredur Jones
Audience Services, BBC Cymru Wales
03703 500 700
We are the BLUEBIRDS the BLUEBIRDS the BLUEBIRDS and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!!
6blubirds

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:07 pm

6blubirds wrote:This was the reply I received today, fair enough! :

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy the Cardiff match wasn’t discussed as part of our Wednesday evening bulletin.

The goals from the match were shown immediately after the final whistle in our late evening bulletin on Tuesday, and again in three of our bulletins during Breakfast News on Wednesday morning. However, given the significance of the result on the Championship table and on Cardiff City’s chances of promotion to the Premier League, we accept that we should have also featured the result on Wednesday evening’s main bulletin.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us and I hope this clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely,

Peredur Jones
03703 500 700

Here is my reply from bbc
Dear Mr Hughes,

Yours sincerely,

Peredur Jones
03703 500 700

BBC Complaints
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided

Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg ac yn Saesneg.
We welcome correspondence in Welsh and in English

----------------------------

strangely similar response!!!
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Surprisingly I had a reply from the BBC regarding not mentioning City's result against Leeds last week. They said we did show the goals in the late bulletin after the game last Tuesday, and did show the goals in 3 news bulletins during Breakfast News the following morning, and with the importance of the Championship table and Cardiff City's attempts to reach the Premier League we acknowledge we should have reported the game and goals on Wednesday's evening news bulletin. They said sorry. Won't hold my breath on the next evening game being reported though!

I had exactly same! My response to them is below. Bet they don't respond !

Thanks for the political non-reply. Please can you tell me why there is a massive bias towards rugby on bbc Wales when it is not the biggest sport in Wales?

Regards

Gareth

On Monday, October 2, 2017, BBC Cymru Wales Audience Services <audiences.wales@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
Dear Mr Hughes,

Yours sincerely,

Peredur Jones

03703 500 700

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided

Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg ac yn Saesneg.

We welcome correspondence in Welsh and in English

----------------------------
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 pm

since64 wrote:No mention of last nights game

Was thinking the same thing at the time :?
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluesman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 am

pLEASE FIND BELOW THE RESPONSE FROM THE bbc TO MY COMPLAINT ABOUT THE LACK OF tv COVERAGE OF THE

Yours sincerely,

Peredur Jones

03703 500 700

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
Bluesman

Postby Bluesman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am

Whoops, fingers not working properly this morning and also sent message before I had finished. Apologies. :old: :banghead:
Bluesman

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

Bluesman wrote:Whoops, fingers not working properly this morning and also sent message before I had finished. Apologies. :old: :banghead:

yes...we all get mornings like that..well i do ...
did make me chuckle though as i imagined your complaint being read at the BBC. and then everyone in the office being called around the monitor...
dogfound

Postby Bluesman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 am

BBC response to my complaint.

"I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy the Cardiff match wasn’t discussed as part of our Wednesday evening bulletin.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us and I hope this clarifies the situation."
Bluesman

Previous

Return to General Chat