Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock is Ready '

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Neil Warnock ready for table-topping clash against Leeds United

25th September 2017

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has praised former club Leeds United ahead of Tuesday's top-of-the-table clash between the two sides in South Wales.

The Bluebirds battled to a 2-1 win over Sunderland at the weekend to keep pace with their next opponents, who themselves had to dig deep to overcome Ipswich Town 3-2.

Warnock spent 14 months at Elland Road prior to being sacked by Massimo Cellino in April 2013, but he has hailed the Whites for the way that they have gone about their business, while also taking a slight dig at fellow pacesetters Wolverhampton Wanderers following their huge summer outlay.

"Leeds and Wolves have done brilliantly - Leeds probably better because they've not spent the money Wolves have," he told reporters. "It's a fabulous club, I really enjoyed myself there but it was in difficult circumstances. The wrong place at the wrong time - and the wrong chairman.

"It's going to be a great atmosphere [on Tuesday]. We've got 21,000 fans already in and I'm hoping with this result it's going to be 25,000. They'll bring a full contingent and it will be buzzing."

Warnock, who will turn 69 in December, hinted last week that he will consider quitting Cardiff at the end of the season should they earn a second promotion to the Premier League.