Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ward for Zohore

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 am

Interesting to read that NW intended playing Ward last Saturday, because that's exactly what I suggested last week on here....does he read these boards?
Seriously, it was the right call and a pity he was ill.
I doubt he'll be fit for Leeds, but if he is I'd play him.
Big Ken needs a rest and it might do him good to come off the bench and make an impact.
We haven't seen the best of Ward yet, but if Zohore fails to score I believe he'll have a run of games.
I appreciate all the other work Ken does but, in the end, he is a striker.

Re: Ward for Zohore

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 am

bluemun wrote:Interesting to read that NW intended playing Ward last Saturday, because that's exactly what I suggested last week on here....does he read these boards?
Seriously, it was the right call and a pity he was ill.
I doubt he'll be fit for Leeds, but if he is I'd play him.
Big Ken needs a rest and it might do him good to come off the bench and make an impact.
We haven't seen the best of Ward yet, but if Zohore fails to score I believe he'll have a run of games.
I appreciate all the other work Ken does but, in the end, he is a striker.

yep a striker thats part of a team that isnt short of goals and has 20pts..

and yes i do think he reads the board ...its what puts him off carrying out any fleeting harebrain thoughts he might get during the week..
seriously..if there has ever been a time to not be critical of team selection and trust in a manager..this is it...yet im reading more of these drop him posts { disguised as rest him } than i did under Trolls and Slade..

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 pm

But....NW was going to rest/drop Ken for Sunderland! So it wasn't a daft suggestion, was it?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Wouldn't be suprised at all , 100 percent would of played ward before Zohore at Sunderland and i don't think you can say it's dropping a player it's using the squad that's how I see it

Big decision tomorrow night is ward fit , this is a game Zohore can show his class

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm

I'd play Camp, Richards, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennet, Ralls, Bryson, NML, Ward, Zohore

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 pm

I think if he was intending on resting Zohore on sat then it would have been so he was fresh for today, as per Bamba. Just my opinion.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think if he was intending on resting Zohore on sat then it would have been so he was fresh for today, as per Bamba. Just my opinion.

I agree, it made sense to make changes for Sunderland to keep a few fresh for today.

It's great news Zohore scoring, you could see the change in him immediately after :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 am

nubbsy wrote:I think if he was intending on resting Zohore on sat then it would have been so he was fresh for today, as per Bamba. Just my opinion.

Jack, I think you're spot on! :thumbup: :ayatollah: