Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest On Lee Peltier & Danny Ward "

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:24 pm

" Latest On Lee Peltier & Danny Ward "

Lee Peltier was suffering from a minor injury and might miss Leeds game? but will be def back for Derby game.

Danny Ward had a bug and it's 50/50 about Leeds game for him.

Re: " Latest On Lee Peltier & Danny Ward "

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Main concern will be Gunnarrson being fit, went of injured yesterday.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Main concern will be Gunnarrson being fit, went of injured yesterday.

I haven't heard anything yet.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Let's hope Lee camp is ready

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am

DEANO wrote:Let's hope Lee camp is ready

Why?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Why?

Steve, surely it's plainly obvious? :?

Etheridge has performed so poorly that we're only 3rd in the Championship (equal on points with the two teams above us) and a few are saying it's all Etheridge's fault, so it must be true! ;)

Drop the lot of them I say, then sack the over-achieving manager and let's go back to Trollope! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:46 am

Sven wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Why?

Etheridge has performed so poorly that we're only 3rd in the Championship (equal on points with the two teams above us) and a few are saying it's all Etheridge's fault, so it must be true! ;)

Drop the lot of them I say, then sack the over-achieving manager and let's go back to Trollope! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

And he would have had another clean sheet at Sunderland if they didn't have a penalty
In the games he has made a couple of bad decisions he has actually made some very good saves aswell ?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

It is human nature to look at the worst of things. If it was not then this forum would be very quiet! :thumbright:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 am

lyndipops wrote:It is human nature to look at the worst of things. If it was not then this forum would be very quiet! :thumbright:

:lol:

Very true Lyn :thumbup:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Camp played today for development be suprised if he's even on the bench tomorrow

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:43 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Why?

And he would have had another clean sheet at Sunderland if they didn't have a penalty
In the games he has made a couple of bad decisions he has actually made some very good saves aswell ?

Totally agree with this. Etheridge is partially the reason we are doing so well. Everyone loved Alexander and Marshall and most of us rated McGregor last season, but how many goals did we concede when those keepers stayed on their line for crosses inside our 6 yard box?

With Etheridge it's different. Yes, he's come for a few balls and hasn't quite got there on occasions, but Etheridge also takes so much pressure off our defense by being positive and decisive, coming off his line to claim crosses. Etheridge is also very good at coming off his line for one on ones, his save against Villa early on being a good example.

Personally, I am pleased we no longer have a keeper who stays on his line. Our defense can now push up an extra 10 yards knowing Etheridge is behind them. I think Etheridge helps out Morrison in particular, as any through balls where Morrison gets outpaced are dealt with by a decisive Etheridge coming off his line.

Etheridge has made a few mistakes, but he's also won us several points with some great saves and those last 5 minutes where we are hanging on, we don't seem to get bombarded anymore with continual crosses being pumped into the box and headed away. Our defenders no longer need to head crosses away, as Etheridge is usually there to claim the cross and take the pressure off.

Overall, I think Etheridge's positives far outweigh the negatives and I don't think he is any weaker than our previous keepers.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Why?

Totally agree with this. Etheridge is partially the reason we are doing so well. Everyone loved Alexander and Marshall and most of us rated McGregor last season, but how many goals did we concede when those keepers stayed on their line for crosses inside our 6 yard box?

With Etheridge it's different. Yes, he's come for a few balls and hasn't quite got there on occasions, but Etheridge also takes so much pressure off our defense by being positive and decisive, coming off his line to claim crosses. Etheridge is also very good at coming off his line for one on ones, his save against Villa early on being a good example.

Personally, I am pleased we no longer have a keeper who stays on his line. Our defense can now push up an extra 10 yards knowing Etheridge is behind them. I think Etheridge helps out Morrison in particular, as any through balls where Morrison gets outpaced are dealt with by a decisive Etheridge coming off his line.

Etheridge has made a few mistakes, but he's also won us several points with some great saves and those last 5 minutes where we are hanging on, we don't seem to get bombarded anymore with continual crosses being pumped into the box and headed away. Our defenders no longer need to head crosses away, as Etheridge is usually there to claim the cross and take the pressure off.

Overall, I think Etheridge's positives far outweigh the negatives and I don't think he is any weaker than our previous keepers.

:thumbup:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Why?

this sums up my views too..
and its not just defenders heading crosses away..it was defenders giving throws and corners away too....
fed up too my teeth of people telling me how the keeper saved us after making 2 great saves from corners that a good keeper wouldnt have allowed our defence to give away in the first place..