Champions League ruined by tactics and skill!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby lyndipops » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:49 pm

IMG_7031.PNG
IMG_7031.PNG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 993 times

THE absence of enough English sides in the Champions League has seen a disturbing increase in tactics and short passing lately.

English fans have expressed disgust at the way the continental teams made no attempt to sprint wildly after every lost cause, while some players even passed the ball backwards.

Martin Bishop, from Stevenage said: “I can understand parking the bus, hitting the flanks, and at a push, the corridor of uncertainty.
“But if your gameplan can’t be summed up in three words, it makes me frustrated, angry and a bit frightened.”

The link between tactics and on-field success has led some experts to predict the decline of traditional English skills, like shouting and pointing.

Football historian Julian Cook said: “English clubs must maintain their focus on developing slow-witted players who can kick the ball incredibly long distances to no-one in particular.”
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Champions League ruined by tactics and skill!

Postby MOZZER1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 am

wow what a random post

will probably read it a bit different when i,m sober in the morning .lol

my take is the british game is years behind the best in europe in terms of skill and technique because of the obsession with size and power and being an athlete in this country . kids are brought up with being comfortable with the ball at an early age in europe but over here is how tall is the player going to be at 16 .

with modern sports science now not sure how the next 20 years will look like in developing top class footballers . no doubt barcelona will be the flag bearers again when it goes into a semi robotic game .
MOZZER1

Re: Champions League ruined by tactics and skill!

Postby lyndipops » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:wow what a random post

will probably read it a bit different when i,m sober in the morning .lol

my take is the british game is years behind the best in europe in terms of skill and technique because of the obsession with size and power and being an athlete in this country . kids are brought up with being comfortable with the ball at an early age in europe but over here is how tall is the player going to be at 16 .

with modern sports science now not sure how the next 20 years will look like in developing top class footballers . no doubt barcelona will be the flag bearers again when it goes into a semi robotic game .

Sorry it is a bit random but it made me giggle when I read it! :laughing6:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Return to General Chat