A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WARNOCK'S UPDATES '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:50 am

BREAKING NEWS: NEIL WARNOCK TODAY

:bluebird: The key talking points :bluebird:

Warnock hit back at critics of Cardiff City’s perceived direct style of play

He revealed why a group of fans will travel to Sunderland on the team flight

He also offered his backing for the EFL transfer window closing earlier

And gave positive news on the recovery of injured trio Lee Camp, Kadeem Harris and Callum Paterson

Neil Warnock has hit back at any suggestions Championship rivals are beginning to figure out his Cardiff City side, saying the ‘Warnock Way’ is winning games. :thumb right:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We have no excuses at Sunderland. We can’t have another Preston performance and say the travelling killed us because they are travelling first class. All credit to the honours and it is great for me." :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK: "NO NEW INJURIES" :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Has Warnock set a target? No, but he's staying optimisic

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Not really. I said if we were at end of October if we were top six or eight I’d be very happy. September-October is definitely the toughest group of fixtures, there’s no letting up at all." :thumbright: :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK ON KENNETH ZOHORE:

"It’s a difficult league. He could have scored more, we’ve had very good saves as well as some misses, but it’s what other lads are doing - we’re scoring from other areas. We looked to bring more goals to the club and have other options from bench, but I’ve never had a better bench with as many options I don’t think"

NEIL WARNOCK ON DANNY WARD :bluebird:

Neil Warnock:

"He’s been fantastic for us. He’s not given me one iota of a problem. He understands, though it does help when he wins the first five games."

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Every game is winnable as we’ve proven, but you can also lose any game so it’s feet on the floor. I can’t ask much more, we can just do the best we can and make sure we’re in the game - we don’t want another Preston."

Will fatigue be an issue like it was at Preston?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There were too many at Preston so we’ll have to look at travel arrangements for the next time we have games like that. We don’t want to be on the motorway for four out of five days. Here, I asked Vincent Tan and Mehmet a long time ago and it’s fabulous to fly up, same as Middlesbrough because the motorways are getting worse. I’ve never seen traffic like it at the moment."

NEIL WARNOCK ON CARDIFF CITY'S INJURIES: :thumbright:

"Kadeem is about three weeks away from full training, on the weightless running thing whatever you call it. Paterson is like a young pup, Campy is playing on Monday, there’s a lot of plusses."

"There’s the odd little muscles soreness but you’ll get that, we have to be careful we don’t risk anyone we don’t have to especially with the squad we have."

Could Warnock have gone to Sunderland?

The Cardiff boss was linked with the Black Cats job in the summer, before Simon Grayson took over

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s one of the few clubs I’ve spoken over the last few years - they have the right colours! You don’t get the opportunity so you move onto something better. I’m a big believer in fate and I think fate brought me here. Fans got on my back here before, but it was always respectful Welsh banter."

Warnock on Simon Grayson

Neil Warnock:

"Simon Grayson did such a good job at Preston and Leeds. You can’t change what’s there as quickly as you like after you come down from the Premier League."

A group of Cardiff City supporters will travel to Sunderland on the team flight, Neil Warnock has revealed. :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK LIVE THIS MORNING '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am

All eyes will be on Kenneth Zohore this weekend

How to explain Zohore's goal drought

The Danish striker has one goal in eight games this season, but Warnock isn’t worried...

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s a difficult league. He could have scored more, we’ve had very good saves as well as some misses, but it’s what other lads are doing - we’re scoring from other areas. We looked to bring more goals to the club and have other options from bench, but I’ve never had a better bench with as many options I don’t think"
"I saw they’re discussing having more subs to four or five for next year, I’d love more because I always love forwards and then have one up my sleeve for an injury."

"The bench has been important and it’s good they’re all busting a gut to get in there and we have three games this week and i’ll have to look at it a bit more now the season steadied down."

"We’ll have to look at the (players’) fitness the day after the game and the day before. Leeds and Derby next week, it doesn’t get much better than that. It’s a tough week."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:37 am

How do Cardiff respond to three games without a win?

SEAN MORRISON:

"We didn’t win a game last week but the form was always going to drop at some point when you win the first five. It was a tough week. Fulham away is tough, taxing, but we managed to come away with a point, but Preston was the one we’re disappointed with, we were off the levels we set, we didn’t perform and got what we deserved."

"Sheffield Wednesday was a good point but think we could have win it with the way we dominated the second half. We’re still joint top and if you asked any fans nine games we were top they would have taken it."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 am

Neil Warnock hits back furiously at critics of Cardiff City's style

Friday 22nd September 2017

Neil Warnock has hit back at any suggestions Championship rivals are beginning to figure out his Cardiff City side, saying the ‘Warnock Way’ is winning games.

The Bluebirds had a storming start to the season, enjoying a five-game winning streak from the campaign's kick-off and losing just once in a run leaves them level on points at the top of table heading into Saturday’s trip to Sunderland.

But the first dropped points of the campaign after a week including draws against Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday either side of defeat at Preston has left Warnock open to a first taste of – albeit mild – criticism from some quarters.

It includes the stats that show Cardiff are bottom of the passing table, attempting fewer passes than any other side in the second-tier.

But Warnock wasted little time in scoffing at such figures, and insisted his only focus is on winning football games – and reckons the Cari fans are just fine with that.

And he pointed to the statistics that show Cardiff are testing out opposition goalkeepers more than anyone else with 48 shots on target from their eight games so far.

Asked whether teams were beginning to work out the way his team play, Warnock said: “What is the way we play? I don’t mean to be disrespectful and say it’s a silly question, but I don’t honestly know.

“I once went to an interview at Norwich and they asked if their fans would accept the ‘Warnock Way’? I said what do you mean, winning? I don’t understand what the ‘Warnock Way’ is, me.

“I want to entertain. I saw the stats this week about passing and things but would you rather pass the ball across the pitch ten yards, 15 yards, get ten passes in? Or would you rather be the best in the league on shots? We’ve had 48 shots – nobody is anywhere near us.

“So what do you want as a fan? Do you want to see shots on target or do you want us to pass the ball across the pitch on the halfway line? Last weekend’s game, Sheffield Wednesday had two shots on target - well, one on target and one missed effort in 90 minutes and goodness knows how much possession they had.

“So if I get criticised for wanting to entertain and enjoy chances and crosses and shots then fire away, yeah, yeah, that’s the Warnock Way — you’ll get plenty of that.”

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 am

Can Cardiff get nine points from three big games coming up?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Every game is winnable as we’ve proven, but you can also lose any game so it’s feet on the floor. I can’t ask much more, we can just do the best we can and make sure we’re in the game - we don’t want another Preston."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:52 am

The issue of Cardiff's style

NEIL WARNOCK:

"What is the way we play?"

"I don’t mean to be disrespectful but it’s a silly question, but I don’t know. I once went to an interview at Norwich and they asked if their fans would accept the Warnock way? I said what do you mean, winning?"

"I don’t understand what the Warnock Way is me. I want to entertain. I saw the stats this week about passing and things but would you rather pass the ball across the pitch ten yards, 15 yards, get ten passes in? Or would you rather be the best in the league on shots? We’ve had 45 shots. Nobody is anywhere near us. So what do you want as a fan?"

"Do you want to see shots on target or do you want us to pass the ball across the pitch on the halfway line? Last weekend’s game, Sheffield Wednesday had two shots on target - well, one on target and one missed effort in 90 minutes and goodness knows how much possession they had. If I get criticised for wanting to entertain and enjoy chances and crosses and shots then fire away, yeah, yeah, that’s the Warnock Way - you’ll get plenty of that."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:55 am

Annis,

here is the link to the video

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:56 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON DANNY WARD

Neil Warnock:

"He’s been fantastic for us. He’s not given me one iota of a problem. He understands, though it does help when he wins the first five games."

"His contribution from the bench has been immense and he’s been fabulous in training from day one. It’s difficult to keep that up when you’re not playing but he’s always bright, he’s looked sharp every day. He’s loving the club, his wife is pregnant again, everything is rosy for him "

"He’ll get his chance, 46 games, hopefully a good FA Cup run, they’ll get opportunities these lads, it’s just as and when."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:57 am

Gavin wrote:Annis,

here is the link to the video

Cheers Gavin :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 am

Will fatigue be an issue like it was at Preston?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There were too many at Preston so we’ll have to look at travel arrangements for the next time we have games like that. We don’t want to be on the motorway for four out of five days. Here, I asked Vincent Tan and Mehmet a long time ago and it’s fabulous to fly up, same as Middlesbrough because the motorways are getting worse. I’ve never seen traffic like it at the moment."

"My wife took six and half hours to get from Cornwall, it’s horrendous."

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY HAS PLENTY TO SAY '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON CARDIFF CITY'S INJURIES:

"Kadeem is about three weeks away from full training, on the weightless running thing whatever you call it. Paterson is like a young pup, Campy is playing on Monday, there’s a lot of plusses."

"There’s the odd little muscles soreness but you’ll get that, we have to be careful we don’t risk anyone we don’t have to especially with the squad we have."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:15 am

The Cardiff boss was linked with the Black Cats job in the summer, before Simon Grayson took over

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s one of the few clubs I’ve spoken over the last few years - they have the right colours! You don’t get the opportunity so you move onto something better. I’m a big believer in fate and I think fate brought me here. Fans got on my back here before, but it was always respectful Welsh banter."

"Two or three clubs over the summer I could have gone to. I never got an interview. I was linked this summer but it wasn’t anything really, because I always had my heart here. I work for people, me, and Mehmet is as good I’ve ever had as a chairman I’ve worked for. I trust him 100% and when you trust a chairman like that it’s fabulous. It’s a good relationship that brings the best out of me. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him. It’s probably disrespectful but I look at him like a father figure!"

"Sometimes I say things a little rash but he can calm it down, looks at it from the outside and comes back with the answer and he’s usually right. At my age you might think you know everything, but you don’t!"

"You need support and someone with the answers and he’s been a blessing in disguise for me."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:18 am

Warnock on Simon Grayson

Neil Warnock:

"Simon Grayson did such a good job at Preston and Leeds. You can’t change what’s there as quickly as you like after you come down from the Premier League."

"I found that here at Cardiff. It is so difficult to get rid of players given the money they are on. They don’t want to go. In my day you wanted to go to play football, but nowadays they don’t want to go unless they get paid up. It’s the way that the morals are now. That makes it difficult. Simon will crack that. I’ve listened to some of the fans up there and while they aren’t happy with things, they still think he’s the right man. You can’t keep changing managers and he knows what he’s doing at Championship level."

"Some of their previous managers wouldn’t have managed in the Championship before like him. I have no doubt that he will crack it and that the fans will stick with him."

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WARNOCK'S UPDATES '

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 am

Will an early goal dampen Sunderland's mood?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Yes but if they get an early goal then we could be in for another Preston. It is whether their players can click. In our last few games the visiting goalkeepers have played very, very well."

"We would have had a number of goals if it hadn’t been for some great saves. We will be looking to go and have a go at them. I think it will be two teams having a go."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

" THE PASSION IN NEIL WARNOCK " :bluebird:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am

Has Warnock set a target? No, but he's staying optimisic

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Not really. I said if we were at end of October if we were top six or eight I’d be very happy. September-October is definitely the toughest group of fixtures, there’s no letting up at all."

"If we can be in that top six at the end of October I’d be delighted so as many points as we can get in the next few weeks will be beneficial. They’re difficult games but what people forget is that they are difficult for people playing against us. I wouldn’t want to play against us."

"You tend to only think about your own faults if you’re not careful. At Sheffield the glass was always half empty. They’d be somebody saying if we draw at Sunderland we haven’t won in four games rather than we’ve only lost one in nine because that’s how the way people look at things."

"Have they found you out? Who’s above us on points? You know, what do you want? What will be will be."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 am

A group of Cardiff City supporters will travel to Sunderland on the team flight, Neil Warnock has revealed.

The Bluebirds take on the Black Cats at the Stadium of Light on Saturday afternoon, with Warnock delighted to have his request for the players to fly to the north east accepted by the club's hierarchy.

And he revealed at his weekly press conference that nine Cardiff fans — who contribute to the club with regular sponsorship — will also be treated to a fast-track travel service as well as a Q & A session with the boss. :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’ve got nine fans travelling with us and I’ll be having a Q&A session with them at the hotel. It is important that we give something back to these sponsors rather than just take the money off them and give nothing back. I believe you have to give value for money. If you do that then sponsors will come back and give you even more money."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am

Great updates, as always, Annis. Neil Warnock on fire today and undoubtedly he and his team are going to be 'up' for the Sunderland game! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Bit of an issue her though...

Neil Warnock: "It’s one of the few clubs I’ve spoken over the last few years - they have the right colours!" :o :shock:

The 'Warnock Out!' campaign starts right here, right now! :banghead: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am

Sven wrote:Great updates, as always, Annis. Neil Warnock on fire today and undoubtedly he and his team are going to be 'up' for the Sunderland game! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Bit of an issue her though...

Neil Warnock: "It’s one of the few clubs I’ve spoken over the last few years - they have the right colours!" :o :shock:

The 'Warnock Out!' campaign starts right here, right now! :banghead: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Chris,

I thought Warnock was very very positive today :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am

'80% of successful managers are man managers'

Sean Morrison spoke of the great team spirit at Cardiff City right now... how does Warnock engender that kind of atmosphere in the dressing room?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I like to think I help build it. Management is not about having a clipboard in your hands. I think 80% of successful managers are man managers. All my promotions and successful sides have had reunions after 10 years, 15 years. This lot will have on in 10 years whether they have promotion or not. They’re that type of lads, because they get on so well."

"We might have to go to Iceland to have one with Gunnars — but it’s a good dressing room, a mix of young, old, lads with things to prove, ones who want to stay in the team, lads coming through from the injured lads, you can’t ask for more as a manager.
I don’t think I’ve got a bad egg, even the lads who aren’t in the team and the people who didn’t leave in the window. I think their attitude has been fabulous - people like Connolly and PIlkington and their attitude has been fantastic. They might sulk, they might not want to be there, but — not just those two — their attitude has been fantastic. When you have lads like that who aren’t in team you have a chance."

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 am

The key talking points

Warnock hit back at critics of Cardiff City’s perceived direct style of play

He revealed why a group of fans will travel to Sunderland on the team flight

He also offered his backing for the EFL transfer window closing earlier

And gave positive news on the recovery of injured trio Lee Camp, Kadeem Harris and Callum Paterson

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Neil Warnock: "We've got a great three games ahead of us!"

CARDIFF CITY FC

Friday 22nd September 2017

City embark upon their busy week ahead with a trip to Sunderland, and the Gaffer spoke to the press and media ahead of Saturday’s encounter.

“Every game is winnable and you can lose any game, so it’s just feet on the floor really and give the best we can,” Neil began. “I can’t ask for any more than that and that’s what I said to the players last week, all we can do is play the best we can.

“The lads know we’ve got a good squad and a good team spirit but there are a lot of clubs in our league with a lot more assets having a go and we’ve got to compete with that.

“We’re enjoying the challenge. I know I am, I know the lads are, and that’s why this week is going to be a massive week. I don’t think you get two bigger clubs than the two homes games and Sunderland have got a decent team so we've got a great three games ahead of us really."

There was also good news on the injury front, with a number of first-team players getting ever closer to a return – with Warnock expressing his delight at their progress.

“I spoke to Kadeem (Harris) yesterday, and he’s about three weeks away from full training," said the Gaffer. "He’s very, very pleased with himself and Paterson is like a young pup at the moment.

“Camp is playing again on Monday, so there are a lot of pluses on that field at the moment and we hope that continues. We’ve just got to be careful that we don’t risk anybody that we don’t have to, especially with the squad we’ve got.”

Neil finally focussed on the positive atmosphere around the club ahead of his side’s upcoming fixtures.

“It’s a very good dressing room at the minute," he added. "We’ve got a mixture of young, old and lads who’ve got things to prove.

“We’ve got lads who want to stay in the team and we’ve got lads coming through from injuries that want to try and get in and play, so I can’t ask for any more than that as a manager really.

“I don’t think I’ve got a bad egg, even the people who didn’t leave in the window – their attitude has been fabulous. When you’ve got that with the lads who aren’t in the team then you know you’ve got a chance.

“I’m a big believer in fate and I think fate brought me here. I’ve always liked it here and the fans have got on my back in the past, but respectfully, which is something I like – that banter with the Welsh."