Preston taking over 2,000 fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 am

Just read Preston are taking over 2,000 fans in a couple of weeks time to Hull City on a Tuesday night (250 mile rd trip), good away support for a club who has only about 11,000 home fans.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Preston taking over 2,000 fans

Postby BEEP AHM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just read Preston are taking over 2,000 fans in a couple of weeks time to Hull City on a Tuesday night (250 mile rd trip), good away support for a club who has only about 11,000 home fans.

They are doing some impressive numbers, it must be cos new grounds, having a great time regardless of results just like Valley Rams days :ayatollah:
BEEP AHM

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:56 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just read Preston are taking over 2,000 fans in a couple of weeks time to Hull City on a Tuesday night (250 mile rd trip), good away support for a club who has only about 11,000 home fans.

They are doing some impressive numbers, it must be cos new grounds, having a great time regardless of results just like Valley Rams days :ayatollah:

They only played each other two yrs ago. A lot of clubs over recent years especially smaller clubs like Preston, their away followings have improved dramatically.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 pm

That's excellent support.
But to put it into context, it's only a bit further than Cardiff to Reading, which is our 2nd easiest away game to get to.

Still impressive nevertheless
Lawnmower

Postby Bluemellons » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Great support regardless of distance on a Tuesday, but it does emphasise the stupid distances City have to travel everywhere. If we had 10 away trips only as far as Reading, our average would easily double.
People moan about our numbers these days but from what I've seen this season, our youth are going in big numbers. The future is bright.
I'm 47 and I felt old at Wolves :shock:
Bluemellons

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Great support regardless of distance on a Tuesday, but it does emphasise the stupid distances City have to travel everywhere. If we had 10 away trips only as far as Reading, our average would easily double.
People moan about our numbers these days but from what I've seen this season, our youth are going in big numbers. The future is bright.

When these tables came out showing our away support as like the 3rd worst in the division a few of us on here have been fighting the corner for ages saying exactly what you have, its not a like for like comparison and never has been. For me I think we should be looking to take 1,000 everywhere minimum on a Saturday and 500 for midweeks, for me I would like to see the Club help with that, they do it elsewhere so why not us. Could have topped 1,000 tomorrow with some sort of incentive, not even free travel, could have subsidized the tickets by £10, I mean if we sold 1000 would have cost the club £10,000, its f**k all realy is it, only once or twice a season they need to to it, the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Ipswich those sorts of games, people love a bargain and if they thought, oh my Sunderland tickets only going to cost me £15 I reckon people would go for it, its shows the Club care for us like we care for them.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluemellons wrote:Great support regardless of distance on a Tuesday, but it does emphasise the stupid distances City have to travel everywhere. If we had 10 away trips only as far as Reading, our average would easily double.

When these tables came out showing our away support as like the 3rd worst in the division a few of us on here have been fighting the corner for ages saying exactly what you have, its not a like for like comparison and never has been. For me I think we should be looking to take 1,000 everywhere minimum on a Saturday and 500 for midweeks, for me I would like to see the Club help with that, they do it elsewhere so why not us. Could have topped 1,000 tomorrow with some sort of incentive, not even free travel, could have subsidized the tickets by £10, I mean if we sold 1000 would have cost the club £10,000, its f**k all realy is it, only once or twice a season they need to to it, the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Ipswich those sorts of games, people love a bargain and if they thought, oh my Sunderland tickets only going to cost me £15 I reckon people would go for it, its shows the Club care for us like we care for them.

i dont agree...different if we had prem tv money but at moment it sounds like Warnock is out with a begging bowl looking for flights to long distance away games for our players...personally i think this is a priority..
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

i dont agree...different if we had prem tv money but at moment it sounds like Warnock is out with a begging bowl looking for flights to long distance away games for our players...personally i think this is a priority..

And that's absolutely fine mate, I can accept that and see where your coming from, for me though, with all the money that is floating in and around Football I don't think its asking much to chuck £30-40k aside per season to subsidies a few away trips for the fans, I mean even if it came from the players, I mean we have a 30+ man squad I think, we are only looking at £30/40k a season! If they all chucked in a grand each you would be able to do it easy, even the likes of Brian Murphy are earning £5-6k a month for doing f**k all then people earning £300 a week are supposed to find £75-£100 for a day out in Sunderland, im surprised as many people in this country follow sport as they do, mugs game realy.
RV Casual

Postby Bluemellons » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Our club is doing ok. I was brought up on regular 3000 crowds. The huge exception was the one season in red in the Premiership where I felt like a stranger. We attracted some right bellends.
As it is, we all want to be there in blue and we believe in the best manager we've had since Burrows. :bluebird:
Our crowds home and away stand up, considering distances.
Bluemellons

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Our club is doing ok. I was brought up on regular 3000 crowds. The huge exception was the one season in red in the Premiership where I felt like a stranger. We attracted some right bellends.
As it is, we all want to be there in blue and we believe in the best manager we've had since Burrows. :bluebird:
Our crowds home and away stand up, considering distances.

come a long long way from those 3k crowds.
my own opinion is fans come with success or relative success as can be seen with our crowds increasing as we went up divisions and became a serious club in this division..and the longer you get the bigger crowds ,the more will stick through tougher times...the peak of our success was one solitary prem season.and prior to this season we are the club that have won the least prem games and scored the least prem goals out of the 47 clubs that have played in it { which includes 18 of the clubs in our division this season }.
when and if that changes...and our support is crap..ill take notice. for now like you i think its fine...
dogfound

Return to General Chat