' This was way out of order by Leeds Fans '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 am

On this day in 1986: Leeds United fans at Bradford's Odsal Stadium turning a chip van over and setting fire to it. :evil: :twisted:
Attachments
21751647_700345630170691_7930210621338140848_n.jpg
21751647_700345630170691_7930210621338140848_n.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' This was way out of order by Leeds Fans '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 am

Reply from FB

Bradford City Fan
John Bailey: I was there the lad in the burger van was still in it when they tipped it over
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Bradford City Fan
John Bailey: I was there the lad in the burger van was still in it when they tipped it over

That's incredible and don't recall that at the time! The mix of oil, fats, water and other combustibles within the unit would have sent it through the roof in seconds and the consequences for anyone onside could have been catastrophic in the extreme!

At Bradford (almost a suburb of Leeds) of all places and less than a year after the fire that cost 56 lives and countless injured and scarred for life?!?! :o :shock: :cry: :cry:

"We Are Leeds" has never had such an evil and abhorrent tone to it! :evil:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Sven wrote:

Bradford City Fan

That's incredible and don't recall that at the time! The mix of oil, fats, water and other combustibles within the unit would have sent it through the roof in seconds and the consequences for anyone onside could have been catastrophic in the extreme!

At Bradford (almost a suburb of Leeds) of all places and less than a year after the fire that cost 56 lives and countless injured and scarred for life?!?! :o :shock: :cry: :cry:

whilst I agree with your sentiment, I have to pick you up on one thing chief - Bradford is not, never has been and never will be a suburb of Leeds.

Bit like saying Newport is a suburb of Cardiff, except that Bradford is a proper city in its own right, unlike, er, Newport ;)

:thumbup:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:
Sven wrote:

Bradford City Fan

whilst I agree with your sentiment, I have to pick you up on one thing chief - Bradford is not, never has been and never will be a suburb of Leeds.

Bit like saying Newport is a suburb of Cardiff, except that Bradford is a proper city in its own right, unlike, er, Newport ;)

:thumbup:

Tongue-in-cheek on that point, fella; a bit like away fans singing "You're just a small town in..." :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby andy 189 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 pm

all clubs have skeletons in cupboards and cardiffs fans of the past just like every club from yrs gone bye.times have changed moved on on my last game city v leeds down your place in the KFC both sets of fans chatting bit of banter etc but no violence who would have thought that?long may it carry on..
andy 189

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:42 pm

andy 189 wrote:all clubs have skeletons in cupboards and cardiffs fans of the past just like every club from yrs gone bye.times have changed moved on on my last game city v leeds down your place in the KFC both sets of fans chatting bit of banter etc but no violence who would have thought that?long may it carry on..

I'm with you, Andy. It is mostly banter these days (even with The Jacks) and long may it continue :ayatollah:

But I hadn't seen that images before and it's absolutely disgraceful (even if it was another club's fans) :thumbright:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Sven wrote:
andy 189 wrote:all clubs have skeletons in cupboards and cardiffs fans of the past just like every club from yrs gone bye.times have changed moved on on my last game city v leeds down your place in the KFC both sets of fans chatting bit of banter etc but no violence who would have thought that?long may it carry on..

I'm with you, Andy. It is mostly banter these days (even with The Jacks) and long may it continue :ayatollah:

But I hadn't seen that images before and it's absolutely disgraceful (even if it was another club's fans) :thumbright:

lots of things went on back then that never made the papers or news. equally in some games the press would on times paint things out to be 100 times worse than they were
dogfound

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:32 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

lots of things went on back then that never made the papers or news. equally in some games the press would on times paint things out to be 100 times worse than they were

What's 'painted 100 times more than it was' about setting a mobile kitchen on fire with someone still in it? :? :shock:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

What's 'painted 100 times more than it was' about setting a mobile kitchen on fire with someone still in it? :? :shock:

try reading it again :roll: :roll: :roll:
dogfound

Postby BEEP AHM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

try reading it again :roll: :roll: :roll:

I kno aye ffs :banghead: attempted murder mun, Leeds are cunts simple as
BEEP AHM

Return to General Chat