IFOLLOW today

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IFOLLOW today

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Right I'm finally Guna try and set up for Ifollow with a VPN and 'watch from abroad'. Fed up of missing games living in England.

Before I attempt this, can someone please confirm that it works and is it a pretty simple process?

Many thanks!

Jack
nubbsy

IFOLLOW today

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: IFOLLOW today

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:Right I'm finally Guna try and set up for Ifollow with a VPN and 'watch from abroad'. Fed up of missing games living in England.

Before I attempt this, can someone please confirm that it works and is it a pretty simple process?

Many thanks!

Jack

Jack for sone reason no one seems to be interested in ifollow even though its a way to watch all city's games? Had several threads on it but no definitive answers! I would be interested just for away games :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Ballistic Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:Right I'm finally Guna try and set up for Ifollow with a VPN and 'watch from abroad'. Fed up of missing games living in England.

Many thanks!

Jack

It works but i would suggest just paying for a day pass (around £5.50).

Set up an account with an address in France for example, set your VPN to France. Make sure the postcode matches the address that you put in. Then when you pay make sure you don't have a card that charges for paying abroad (revolut is a good way around this, you can use it as a top up card and there are no charges for paying abroad).

The video should then work but you will need your VPN on at all times.

Once this is all set up you can just pay for another match next time. (the 130 euro option may be worth it for some people but you would have to watch pretty much all games on it to get your moneys worth).

Bit late but better late than never :bluescarf: :bluescarf: .
Ballistic Blue

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:

Many thanks!

Jack

Set up an account with an address in France for example, set your VPN to France. Make sure the postcode matches the address that you put in. Then when you pay make sure you don't have a card that charges for paying abroad (revolut is a good way around this, you can use it as a top up card and there are no charges for paying abroad).

Once this is all set up you can just pay for another match next time. (the 130 euro option may be worth it for some people but you would have to watch pretty much all games on it to get your moneys worth).

Thanks for that mate... So my actual email address will have to be French?

When I registered it didn't ask em for any details just an email address and name. It's now not giving me any option to watch live even with VPN on, is this my email do you think?
nubbsy

Postby Ballistic Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:

Many thanks!

Jack

When I registered it didn't ask em for any details just an email address and name. It's now not giving me any option to watch live even with VPN on, is this my email do you think?

Shouldn't matter with the email address mine was a gmail address. In your account settings it should have Country, First line of address, postcode, city etc under billing info. All of that needs to be the region that your VPN is assigned to.
Ballistic Blue

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:

Many thanks!

Jack

Shouldn't matter with the email address mine was a gmail address. In your account settings it should have Country, First line of address, postcode, city etc under billing info. All of that needs to be the region that your VPN is assigned to.

OK thanks, so my billing address has to match my VPN?
nubbsy

Postby Ballistic Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:29 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:

Many thanks!

Jack

OK thanks, so my billing address has to match my VPN?

No prob, yeah it didn't work for me when it was different. Type "where is my IP" into google and you'll see where it is.
Ballistic Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Lopking at the responses and previous posts they seem to have got things covered to stop uk based fans watching, which guess was their priority when setting ifollow up.. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:58 pm

I watch all the games I can't make on my phone, with the TunnelBear VPN. I buy a day pass and I have never had to make up any addresses or details. So they are all my legitimate ones in Wales and I still get to see them. I think maybe people are overthinking it all.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I watch all the games I can't make on my phone, with the TunnelBear VPN. I buy a day pass and I have never had to make up any addresses or details. So they are all my legitimate ones in Wales and I still get to see them. I think maybe people are overthinking it all.

I'm not over thinking anything mate, it's just not giving me an option to watch the games even with VPN turned on.
nubbsy

Postby Be Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Have been watching using a vpn since start of season. Didn't even need to fake an abroad address for payment. It's a good service, but it always seems to start lagging in the second half for me... Still, better than not watching
Be Blue

Postby Wayne S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I have had total success in watching live games on ifollow when not there in person.

Their control of making sure you are not in the UK is very weak.

I have registered with my UK address, my UK debit card and when I turn on VPN they take my money and give me the game.

A little tip for you. Even paid VPN's lose quality. I use a free VPN on android. But I only use it to pay and start the game. With the game playing I turn off the VPN and the game continues via my much faster normal broadband and the quality is perfect.

Mirror my phone to the TV and it's like being there..... no it's not but great when you cannot make it.
Wayne S

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks for all the tips guys. Not idea what's going wrong for me. I'm using VPN and it's only giving me UK options. I'm probably just being a mong.
nubbsy

Postby Wayne S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:28 pm

nubbsy wrote:Thanks for all the tips guys. Not idea what's going wrong for me. I'm using VPN and it's only giving me UK options. I'm probably just being a mong.

Let's try and sort this out for you Nubbsy.

First things first what are you using ie. PC, Apple, Android.

Operating system??? Windows?

Which VPN have you tried? I also had little luck with a Windows PC with IPVanish. Supposedly one of the better ones but never worked for me.
Wayne S

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I used hola and changed my vpn to USA. Logged into my account paid 7 dollars and it showed me the game against Preston. 7 dollars I will never see again but it works
boyo1927

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Wayne S wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Thanks for all the tips guys. Not idea what's going wrong for me. I'm using VPN and it's only giving me UK options. I'm probably just being a mong.

Let's try and sort this out for you Nubbsy.

First things first what are you using ie. PC, Apple, Android.

Operating system??? Windows?

Which VPN have you tried? I also had little luck with a Windows PC with IPVanish. Supposedly one of the better ones but never worked for me.

I'm using a windows laptop.

with Betternet VPN (free) that puts my IP address into America.

When I first opened Ifollow on google chrome without registering, it gave me a few options to 'pay per match' or 'sign up yearly' showing prices in Dollars US. So whilst leaving the VPN on I registered for an account using a normal Gmail address (it didn't prompt me for any home address or details at all when registering).

I then went to the home page and the option for 'pay per game' etc. were gone, and replaced with what I assume are the British options where you sign up per month for the audio commentary etc. :banghead:

You think maybe try to sign up with a new email address and a new VPN?

Thanks for your help mate :occasion5:
nubbsy

Postby Tuggi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 pm

It's hard to get into the option to pay I've found.

Easiest way, wait 30 mins before kick off, have your VPN on, go onto ifollow cardiff website, log in and go to fixtures, from there select match centre for the game, click watch live and it'll prompt for payment.

I used all my home details and address as it's designed so that people can still keep up with football on a holiday outside the uk
Tuggi

Postby Wayne S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:I'm using a windows laptop.

When I first opened Ifollow on google chrome without registering, it gave me a few options to 'pay per match' or 'sign up yearly' showing prices in Dollars US. So whilst leaving the VPN on I registered for an account using a normal Gmail address (it didn't prompt me for any home address or details at all when registering).

I then went to the home page and the option for 'pay per game' etc. were gone, and replaced with what I assume are the British options where you sign up per month for the audio commentary etc. :banghead:

Are you logging in and out of your VPN? I always do and ifollow then shows just UK options.

I have to clear my history, cache and cookies BEFORE I login back into the VPN and then iFollow.

The non UK options are hit and miss if you have some old cookies in your system and as Tuggi says it is difficult to find the video option at times.

You know your onto it when the live game tab shows options for Audio and Video.
Wayne S

Postby nubbsy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:03 am

Wayne S wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I'm using a windows laptop.

Are you logging in and out of your VPN? I always do and ifollow then shows just UK options.

I have to clear my history, cache and cookies BEFORE I login back into the VPN and then iFollow.

The non UK options are hit and miss if you have some old cookies in your system and as Tuggi says it is difficult to find the video option at times.

You know your onto it when the live game tab shows options for Audio and Video.

I'm not logging out of my VPN once I go onto Ifollow no.

OK mate I'll try clearing my cookies etc and give it another bash. Failing that ill try a different VPN.

Thanks again!
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Can you buy it game by game when abroad we will MIss 2 home games and 1 away game over Xmas?
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can you buy it game by game when abroad we will MIss 2 home games and 1 away game over Xmas?

Yes allan, that's the only time you can buy game by game.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Can you buy it game by game when abroad we will MIss 2 home games and 1 away game over Xmas?

Ooohh thats good sun sea cold beer and city what more can a man ask for? :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Ooohh thats good sun sea cold beer and city what more can a man ask for? :occasion5:

Fanny?
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Fanny?

Well cant leave her behind unfortunately! :laughing5:
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Guna give it another crack today then I'll you guys know how it goes!
nubbsy

Postby Mulberry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Just signed up today. Banged into a free vpn. Picked a French vpn. Signed up. Paid using my UK credit card. Started watching about 15 minutes in.

VPN closed and all worked. Then something happened and feed dropped. Re-vpn'd to somewhere else in world. Started feed. Disconnected vpn.

Now got audio and tv feed running. Obvs they are a little out of sync but for €6 sat in Ponty... Can't go wrong!

The lad is loving it!!
Mulberry

Postby Igovernor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm

You do know it is easy to sych, bottom left two buttons one either side of the play button, one moves the picture forward 10 second everytime you click on it, the other moves it back 10 seconds, again 10 secs for each click :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 pm

I paid 7 dollars generally picture was fine but 1st half was jumping loads but think it was to do with my internet
boyo1927

Postby Dessy1927 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 am

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I watch all the games I can't make on my phone, with the TunnelBear VPN. I buy a day pass and I have never had to make up any addresses or details. So they are all my legitimate ones in Wales and I still get to see them. I think maybe people are overthinking it all.

I'm not over thinking anything mate, it's just not giving me an option to watch the games even with VPN turned on.

I live in jersey and bought a season pass which they then decided was under uk broadcasting rights so they took it away from me. I demanded a full refund, then done a match pass from oz to try it and it worked fine so I then purchased a season pass from France all works fine now no problem. Your address and bank details don't seem to be isssue.
It's all about your IP address

Try clearing search history on computer then reboot your computer as I had this issue then check your vpn is on then try ifollow that worked for me and a mate.
Dessy1927

Return to General Chat