BBC SPORT: CARDIFF REJECT BID FOR STAR SRIKER

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm

BBC Sport are reporting that Cardiff City have turned down an enquiry from Everton for Danish under-21 striker Kenneth Zohore.

BBC

Tuesday 28th August 2017

Zohore has also been a target for newly promoted Brighton and Hove Albion and was subject of a bid from Hull City.

The Bluebirds say they are determined to hold onto the player.

Manager Neil Warnock said last week that it would take a bid of £30m to prise Zohore away from the club with the 23-year old Cardiff's top scorer last season with 12 goals.

It is understood Cardiff will not welcome further interest and are keen not to undermine their excellent start to the Championship campaign, having won their opening five matches.

Warnock has said he is looking to sign a midfield player before Thursday's transfer deadline.

However, winger Craig Noone and striker Anthony Pilkington could leave the Cardiff City Stadium along with defender Declan John.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41085072

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Attachments
AA.jpg
AA.jpg (24.5 KiB) Viewed 10699 times
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CARDIFF REJECT EVERTON BID FOR ZOHORE

Postby adamt958 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 pm

great news to begin with, my worry is that Everton have the financial means and pulling power in place that, well, if they want him that badly, they will get him.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Re: BBC SPORT: CARDIFF REJECT BID FOR STAR SRIKER

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:43 pm

They'd be better off buying Troy Deeney and leaving Ken to continue his progress with us!!
Pulisnewport

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:46 pm

NW has offered Fred and one of Dai Hunt's old scarves instead.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Re: CARDIFF REJECT EVERTON BID FOR ZOHORE

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 pm

adamt958 wrote:great news to begin with, my worry is that Everton have the financial means and pulling power in place that, well, if they want him that badly, they will get him.

I'm sort of with you and I guess every player has a price in the end but I genuinely don't believe any top club will come up with a fee that will entice City to part with a player the know could be the difference this year. The whole team are jelling nicely and any disruptions could cost the club a lot more in the long-term! :thumbright:

As I've said elsewhere, any transfer at this point would bring back memories to those who were there of the 'Ghost of Tosh' when he left for Anfield in 1970

City lost out on promotion, the Board were accused of 'bottling' the opportunity and it took 50 years to get another chance to dine at the top table!

Kenneth Zohore should stay at this point...for his sake and ours! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:55 pm

From Wales Online:

Reports claim Everton are targeting Cardiff City star Kenneth Zohore

The Cardiff City striker has been in superb form this season for Neil Warnock's side and Cardiff City will face a battle to keep Kenneth Zohore over the next couple of days with Everton now interested, according to reports.

The Merseyside club are in the market for a striker having already spent in excess of £200million this summer.

And Zohore — who was previously linked with Hull City and Brighton — has reportedly emerged as a target.

The Sun's Tom Barclay claims Ronald Koeman is keen on the Danish frontman, with ESPN also reporting that "sources close to the player" have admitted the Toffees are intersted.

The BBC have since reported that Cardiff have turned down an "enquiry" from Everton for the Denmark Under-21 international.

Bookmakers SkyBet have installed Everton as the 7/2 favourites to land Zohore before Thursday's 11pm deadline, with Brighton still in contention at 9/2.

But Neil Warnock has reiterated his desire to keep Zohore and the bookies think the most likely outcome is the 23-year-old remains in South Wales (7/2).

The Bluebirds value Zohore at £25million plus, with Warnock admitting only a bid of "silly money" from a top 10 Premier League club would lure the striker away from Cardiff City Stadium.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Welshman in CA » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:00 pm

With the way Everton are throwing money around it could be a nervous couple of days around here.
Welshman in CA

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

doesnt sound like it was a solid bid.
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:doesnt sound like it was a solid bid.

no it doesnt..lets hope it stays that way.
dogfound

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:14 pm

No Paul, sounds like there was maybe some testing of water? :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Sven wrote:

Chris, I don't think Everton would 'risk' more than £12-15m on a rookie. They may have mega bucks but they won't waste it. Probably asked if they'd consider 10-12 million, City said 'No' and hopefully that's that.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:39 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, I don't think Everton would 'risk' more than £12-15m on a rookie. They may have mega bucks but they won't waste it. Probably asked if they'd consider 10-12 million, City said 'No' and hopefully that's that.

Andrew, I firmly believe Kenneth Zohore (and anyone else Neil Warnock sees as an essential part of his jig-saw) will be staying at the CCS well beyond Thursday's Transfer window deadline :thumbright:

He (Neil Warnock) is a wily character and he appears to have sparked a renewed interest and (maybe) enthusiasm for the owner as he (Vincent Tan) looks to maximise his investment in the club by taking us back to the top table, so I am happy to accept both the manager and owner's statements that no important player will be leaving the club at this time unless a 'stupid' bid is forthcoming, so I am in agreement with you that ambitious Everton are not going to a punt on a Premier League 'Rookie' at the sort of price that would persuade a genuinely reluctant City manager to ask his owner to accept

Like many, I'll be glad to see Friday morning come and we can all move on to another subject! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:41 pm

He isnt going anywhere unless it's 20 million
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:He isnt going anywhere unless it's 20 million

what a strange window...
id have thought what most of us would consider an offer we couldnt turn down back in June has been doubled if not trebled.
dogfound

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:He isnt going anywhere unless it's 20 million

what a strange window...
id have thought what most of us would consider an offer we couldnt turn down back in June has been doubled if not trebled.

It was only 'fans' that said it couldn't be turned down; not Neil Warnock or the club...and the market has gone stupid in recent weeks, so if (as someone else said) Chris Wood and Danny Drinkwater are worth 'stupid' money, then Kenneth Zohore as a 'punt' is worth as much, if not more! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby murphy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:They'd be better off buying Troy Deeney and leaving Ken to continue his progress with us!!

That's what I think. I don't think ken would be able to cut it in the prem just yet.
murphy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 pm

A few more bids might go in before this transfer window - ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A few more bids might go in before this transfer window - ;)

you say that like you know something...
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Return to General Chat