Cardiff City: ' Flexi Tickets/Crowds '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am

I believe the club have come up with a fantastic idea regarding these Flexi tickets, any 6 games for an adult £99 or £49 for a junior. One of the other pluses I would say are the No of people who potentially would look into buying a flexi ticket but ended up buying a season ticket, whether they went straight for a season ticket or tried the six flexi games first.

On the downside once again I believe the club are coming up short when it comes to marketing, yes Its a great idea but we as a club must do better in driving it home, letting fair weather fans know what a great offer it is what it's all about.

I have seen the tickets advertised on the two big screens at the three home games we have had, but its usually at half time when most people have gone walk about and miss it, the message on the board is silent and should be backed up by the announcer, the message on the board is to cluttered/ overloaded with detail, it needs to be bold flashing one liner in your face, you can go into detail on how and what it's all about after you've got the message across

Yes it's been on the message borad but not everybody we are trying to attract comes on here.

On Saturday on our coach back from Wolves the question/topic on crowds and the flexi tickets came up, now taking into account the 63 people on our coach are your more committed type of fan, probably already have a season ticket, read the message boards etc, but as the topic opened up and more and more people on the coach became involved I was amazed how many of these people did not know anything about the flexi ticket offer, I would say at least two thirds hadn't heard of it didn't know what it was all about and wanted to know more.

People who used to go are now on the brink of coming back ready to dip there toe back in the water, take that first step towards coming back, in my local out walking people who know I follow the City are asking me about going to a game, how best to get a ticket.

This flexi ticket is or could be a first step to getting people back or new fans on board, it's a great idea big big well done to the club,marketing wise we have to do much much better.

Tonight's game, cheap tickets, kids off school and a chance for family's to take in a game, without doubt a lot of these people will not be season ticket holders so what better opportunity than tonight to push and promote flexi tickets, but it needs to be more than a silent message overloaded with detail on the big screen at half time.
Llantwit Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City: ' Flexi Tickets/Crowds '

Postby Roathblue33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

Do you know if those 6 tickets can be more than one for the same game?
Roathblue33

Postby rossblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:12 pm

The flex tickets would be great for me , they are only 180 for a family for 6 games, but you have to be at the ground atleast 24 hrs before kick off to get them according to the site , this isn't viable for me as I'm an hour away. If there was some way I could do it without travelling down before hand is do it in a heartbeat
rossblue

Postby Wayne S » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Where's the advertising????

It's all well and good us knowing about it on here or it appearing on the City website but they are preaching to the converted.

Where's the radio spots, header adverts on WalesOnline. Bus stop adverts.

It's always the same. Just like us pushing on here to get bigger attendances. We are talking to the WRONG people.
Wayne S

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

rossblue wrote:The flex tickets would be great for me , they are only 180 for a family for 6 games, but you have to be at the ground atleast 24 hrs before kick off to get them according to the site , this isn't viable for me as I'm an hour away. If there was some way I could do it without travelling down before hand is do it in a heartbeat

I believe you can pick the tickets up 90 minutes before the game :thumbup:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions maybe somebody else can answer. What I did remember reading that when they first launched the flexi ticket there was this question of having to be at the ground to order/collect 24 hrs or something before a game and they did Change it to make it easier.

These are the type of questions people need answering in order to make it clearer and easier to by the tickets.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Penboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
rossblue wrote:The flex tickets would be great for me , they are only 180 for a family for 6 games, but you have to be at the ground atleast 24 hrs before kick off to get them according to the site , this isn't viable for me as I'm an hour away. If there was some way I could do it without travelling down before hand is do it in a heartbeat

They said you could at the ticket office this morning even though the ticket says it should be 24 hours.
Penboy

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Wayne S this is my point it's a great offer but it needs marketing, how about handing out a flyer at the turnstiles tonight, the biggest thing I can't get my head around is the announcer should constantly be plugging them over and over supporting the silent advertising on the big screen.

I know loads of people who are past supporters sitting on the fence thinking shall I shan't I go back, it won't take a lot especially with the quality on offer we are seeing this season.

I am not having a go at the club the idea is fantastic and will only lead to people then hopefully buying a season ticket, but if I have to be critical our marketing thinking outside the box has always been the clubs downfall.
Llantwit Blue

Postby rossblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Penboy wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

They said you could at the ticket office this morning even though the ticket says it should be 24 hours.

Hmmm that's strange, I certainly hope it's the case. But when I got my QPR tickets before the Sheffield game they told me that it has to be the day before
rossblue

Postby Pidgeofcdf » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:14 pm

What would make it even more appealing would be if they included away membership with it.
Maybe call it a blue member or something, obviously season ticket holders get first priority on tickets but make the flexi holder have some priority over the general public if we were to draw a top 6 team in the cup for example.
Pidgeofcdf

Return to General Chat