‪Kaiserslautern striker Osayamen Osawe on trial

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

‪Kaiserslautern striker Osayamen Osawe has gone on trial with Cardiff City.‬

‪He scored seven goals in 32 games last season. ‬

Ex-Man City and Blackburn youngster Osayamen Osawe proving talent at Kaiserslautern
Attachments
stream_img.jpg
stream_img.jpg (48.94 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‪Kaiserslautern striker Osayamen Osawe on trial

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm

:ayatollah:

:bluescarf:

Ex-Man City and Blackburn youngster Osayamen Osawe proving talent at Kaiserslautern

Cheetham Hill can be a tough place to grow up in Manchester, it's home to a plethora of nationalities, languages and cultures. This diversity mixed with the hotbed of football that Manchester has become makes it the perfect breeding ground for a young player open to broader horizons.

Nigerian-born striker Osayamen Osawe showed some spark in the north-west, featuring for both Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers during his teens. He would go on to play for Rovers in an FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea, who included Nathan Ake and Nathaniel Chalobah in their ranks, in 2012.

Osayamen Osawe
Osayamen Osawe, right, came up through the ranks at Blackburn. Credit: PA
After moving to Germany in 2014 to join minnows Hallescher, two years later Osawe has earned a move to former Champions League semi-finalists Kaiserslautern, now of Bundesliga 2.

Despite a promising time at Ewood Park, Osawe was released in 2013, forcing him to drop down the divisions to join non-league Southport, which wasn't a new experience for him, having previously enjoyed loan spells at Accrington Stanley and Hyde.

"I grew up with more professional surroundings, for example, Blackburn were in the Premiership and Championship when I was there and then I went down to Southport in the fifth-tier which was not as professional as the top teams so I had get used to it and just get my head down and play the football there," Osawe told ITV.

Osayamen Osawe
Osawe played in a Youth Cup final for Blackburn. Credit: PA
Osawe netted just six times in his season with Southport but impressed many onlookers with his performers for the Sandgrounders. After seeing what life was like at this level, Osawe decided a drastic change was needed in his career and life.

"When I went down to Southport I spoke to my agent we talked about Germany being a good market for young players so me and my agent decided to come over to Germany as we thought that it was the right time to restart my career.

"I had fears about moving to Germany as I was on my own and was obviously going to be a bit nervous about it, but once I came over everything was good and I hit the ground running."

The ex-Blackburn striker - aged 20 at the time - decided to join little known Bundesliga 3 side Hallescher, based in the small town of Halle in the east of Germany.

"I never thought when I was young and growing up in Cheetham Hill that I would play football abroad, I always thought you had to play football in England. I always wanted to be a footballer, but I never imagined that I would be playing football in Germany or anywhere abroad, I thought I would never move out of England, I thought I would always live and play football there.

"When I came to Germany I moved to East Germany and the East and the West are still quite different, so it was quite different from Manchester where I came from, which is quite a busy city of around two million so to move to Halle, a town of 250,000, it was a little strange at first but after the first six months I settled in OK. It was quite boring living in a small city so when I got the chance I would go to Berlin or the bigger cities."
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby wez1927 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 am

Hopefully warnock has unearthed another gem
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 am

if its the same scout that found Drogba and Damour. sign him up :lol:
bluebird7291

Return to General Chat