Strange start to season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strange start to season

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:55 pm

I have to be honest I really think its been a strange start to the season for clubs. I know its only been 4 - 5 games but I'm surprised by how slow teams like Reading, Fulham, Villa, Middlesborough, and Sheff Wednesday have started. obviously that will change as the season goes on but I'm really shocked by how slow these teams have started this season, considering how good some of them were last season and how much money some of them have spent.
Bluebird Warrior

Strange start to season

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Strange start to season

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:09 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I have to be honest I really think its been a strange start to the season for clubs. I know its only been 4 - 5 games but I'm surprised by how slow teams like Reading, Fulham, Villa, Middlesborough, and Sheff Wednesday have started. obviously that will change as the season goes on but I'm really shocked by how slow these teams have started this season, considering how good some of them were last season and how much money some of them have spent.

personally i thought reading were awful last season despite their finishing position. i dont think theyll be near the top 6 this season
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I have to be honest I really think its been a strange start to the season for clubs. I know its only been 4 - 5 games but I'm surprised by how slow teams like Reading, Fulham, Villa, Middlesborough, and Sheff Wednesday have started. obviously that will change as the season goes on but I'm really shocked by how slow these teams have started this season, considering how good some of them were last season and how much money some of them have spent.

its the same every year ..last year newcastle lost their opening 2...Derby were one of the favourites got 1 win in their first 8 and newly relegated Villa started with 1 win in 12.
dogfound

Postby AV3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:23 pm

It was the same last season. Newcastle lost their first 2 and Gary Monk was reportedly 1 game from the sack early on. Norwich started really well but faded.

The division is so competitive and as everyone knows, anyone can beat anyone else on the day. I think it will be even more difficult this season than it was last season.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

personally i thought reading were awful last season despite their finishing position. i dont think theyll be near the top 6 this season

Yeah I agree I thought Reading were terrible to watch last season and they got some strange hammerings last season, don't see them competing this season. I do see teams like Fulham, Middlesborough and sheff Wednesday pushing for top 6 as season goes on. Not sure about Villa yet tbh.
Bluebird Warrior

Return to General Chat