' Junior Hoilett? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Junior Hoilett? '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Can Junior Hoilett add that extra bit of quality needed to open up Championship defences this season?

By Jamie Kemble

Monday 21st August 2017

Junior Hoilett’s moment of brilliance helped inspire Cardiff City as they defeated Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday afternoon.

The nifty 27-year-old Canadian star has endured an excellent start to the season and has looked re-energised following some excellent performances for his national side in the summer as Canada were knocked out at the quarter-final phase by Jamaica.

Despite being knocked out, there was a moment of pure brilliance which saw Hoilett hit an unstoppable drive into the top corner during that game and he has carried on his fine form into the start of the Championship campaign.

The versatile midfielder who can operate as a playmaker or as a winger has put in some superb performances already this season as the Bluebirds remain unbeaten following a sensational start to the Championship season.

Hoilett’s tenacity and skill on the ball has been pivotal for Cardiff and that showed on Saturday, when he easily evaded a challenge to find space and carve a chance out for Joe Ralls to slot home.

This is clear evidence of Warnock’s shrewd business in the market, bringing the Canadian in on a free after working with him previously at Queens Park Rangers.

So far it has worked a treat and if he can continue to find space and make a nuisance of himself, he could become instrumental for the Bluebirds this season as Warnock’s men bid for a place in the Premier League.

The former Queens Park Rangers man certainly has the potential to open up a lot of defences this season and he is certainly a player you’d rather have on your side than play against, which he has shown in the first few games of this season.

If the Bluebirds can keep Hoilett fit and healthy, he could turn out to be some player for Neil Warnock this season. He has tremendous attributes in the fact he possesses fantastic vision.

If he can keep on finding space, he could be the man to make Cardiff City tick. The problem with Hoilett last season is he didn’t do it on a consistent basis, but if he can continue his impressive start to this season, he is certainly a player Warnock can rely on to open up defences this season.
Attachments
JS105933353.jpg
JS105933353.jpg (36.82 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Junior Hoilett? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Junior Hoilett? '

Postby Blanblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:09 pm

He was been brilliant so far, seems to have gained an extra yard of pace from somewhere and his final ball and improved IMO. Gone from looking like a winger used for his defensive capabilities to a complete winger. Our front 3 look scary. Pace, power and strength.
Blanblue

Postby City Slicker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Our front 3 will put the wind up any side. From now on I regularly expect opposing defenders to wear incontinence pants when they play us.
City Slicker

Postby nubbsy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

He looks like a different player this year.
nubbsy

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm

With his Premier League experience I'm surprised there haven't been enquiries from lower half Premier League clubs.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm

With his Premier League experience I'm surprised there haven't been enquiries from lower half Premier League clubs.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm

He's been brilliant
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:41 am

nubbsy wrote:He looks like a different player this year.

He does.
Many complained - including me - that there was no end product but there is now!
He seems more direct with his running and seems much more focused and up for it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat