Neil Etheridge

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Etheridge

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 am

Hasn't put a foot wrong yet from what I can see.
Great Shot stopper and a big strong keeper.

Camp was always my number 1 when we signed both keepers but now I'm not too sure.
I suppose its down to Etheridge to make a mistake before being dropped?

Who's our "real" number 1?

thoughts
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Neil Etheridge

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Etheridge

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 am

Hes played well but being critical goal on Sat he should have pushed it wide so taking ball out danger area! But him or camp will be good in goal :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:Hes played well but being critical goal on Sat he should have pushed it wide so taking ball out danger area! But him or camp will be good in goal :occasion5:

I think he's still learning and he could become a real good player.
Someone mentioned yesterday would we I take Marshall back if we had the chance.
My answer was no. :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:42 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Hes played well but being critical goal on Sat he should have pushed it wide so taking ball out danger area! But him or camp will be good in goal :occasion5:

I think he's still learning and he could become a real good player.
Someone mentioned yesterday would we I take Marshall back if we had the chance.
My answer was no. :thumbup:

No i wouldn't take him back either what we got is good enough :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

People always go on about past players like they are the best thing ever. McGregor is ahead of Marshall now, that says a lot. Certainly wouldn't want Marshall here on the wages Hull are supposed to be paying him.

Etheridge is doing well, I think his confidence will grow as he can look a little shaky at times with his decision making but that will come. I don't think its a bad thing Camp is out at this point as it gives him a chance.
2blue2handle

Postby Ballistic Blue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

I don't think we can criticise any keeper that has conceded 1 goal in 4 games, very impressed with him so far.
Ballistic Blue

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Brilliant stop stopper but i thinkbhe still needs to learn how to command his area
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Blanblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Think he's done really well so far, excellent shot stopped and personally think he commands his area reasonably well. Kicking needs to improve though IMO, looks shaky whenever a ball is layer back to him.
Blanblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Blanblue wrote:Think he's done really well so far, excellent shot stopped and personally think he commands his area reasonably well. Kicking needs to improve though IMO, looks shaky whenever a ball is layer back to him.

I think this comes with experience and practice.
I'd never heard of him before he signed but what a signing. :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Blanblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Blanblue wrote:Think he's done really well so far, excellent shot stopped and personally think he commands his area reasonably well. Kicking needs to improve though IMO, looks shaky whenever a ball is layer back to him.

I think this comes with experience and practice.
I'd never heard of him before he signed but what a signing. :thumbup:

Your right, can't really complain when we have only conceded 1 league goal! Loved him giving the calm down sign to the Wolves fans Saturday!
Blanblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:Brilliant stop stopper but i thinkbhe still needs to learn how to command his area

I agree that he's a good shot stopper but apart from when he went 'walkies' on one occasion v Sheff Utd I think his decision making and taking of crosses has been good. He took a few really awkward crosses at Wolves.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Totally agree, shouldn't really criticise him for the simple fact that he's conceded only once in 4 matches. Very solid, only downside is he tends to parry the ball a lot when he could hold onto it (example was the goal we conceded against Wolves). But yes, that should be eliminated in time with experience :thumbright:
TAP_Sheep

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Brilliant stop stopper but i thinkbhe still needs to learn how to command his area

I agree that he's a good shot stopper but apart from when he went 'walkies' on one occasion v Sheff Utd I think his decision making and taking of crosses has been good. He took a few really awkward crosses at Wolves.

Will lee camp be our no1 tho ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm

seems to be playing ok, but its hard to tell when our defence has been so rock solid and he hasn't faced that many shots. should have done better and caught the shot vs Wolves, but he's looked better so far than McGregor and Amos so that's an improvement, and unless he starts conceding goals and making mistakes then he should get the nod regardless of if Camp is fit or not. Solid start from him so far, hopefully he will grow more confident and commanding in his box as the season goes on.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Marshall was just as bad commending his area when we first got him.

However I would say he is a better shot stopper than Etheridge but then he had a lot more practice in those earlier games than Etheridge has so far.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluespeers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Hasn't put a foot wrong yet from what I can see.
Great Shot stopper and a big strong keeper.

Camp was always my number 1 when we signed both keepers but now I'm not too sure.
I suppose its down to Etheridge to make a mistake before being dropped?

Who's our "real" number 1?

thoughts

Etheridge has done well, we haven't seen Camp just yet due to injury but he is a decent keeper from what i have seen of him for other teams and to cap it all Murphy has never let us down either so really it is looking good :bluescarf:
bluespeers

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm

What goal was you watching mate? He clearly pushed it away from the danger are, he done his job and Jazz Richards didn't do his.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Will lee camp be our no1 tho ?

If Camp was fit now, I'd keep NE between the sticks for now but I suspect NW brought in Camp with thoughts of him being no 1
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:I don't think we can criticise any keeper that has conceded 1 goal in 4 games, very impressed with him so far.

Agree :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat