Even if Ledley does sign ..

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:59 pm

(As it has been rumoured) I can't see where he would fit into the team?

O'Keefe is the only centre mid that hasn't really featured in the squad at all but I can't see ledley would sign and then either sit on the bench or even as reserve as O'Keefe has done.

Ralls, Gunnar and Damour have done brilliantly so they surely wouldn't be dropped for Ledley.

The only way he would fit in is if Tomlin got done in this court appearance thing and we couldn't play him?

All just what if's at the end of the day.
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Even if Ledley does sign ..

Postby davids » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:13 pm

He can play in the Carabao Cup team. :thumbup:
davids

Postby thomasblue » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 pm

All about squad depth. If one of those 3 mentioned gets injured we would have to swap formation. With ledley it would allow us to use different formations and give us a safety net in case of injuries to other midfielders
thomasblue

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Personally I wouldn't sign him we got enough in his position just use them, young and hungry not over the hill taking a final pay cheque.
BobbyBlue

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:(As it has been rumoured) I can't see where he would fit into the team?

O'Keefe is the only centre mid that hasn't really featured in the squad at all but I can't see ledley would sign and then either sit on the bench or even as reserve as O'Keefe has done.

Ralls, Gunnar and Damour have done brilliantly so they surely wouldn't be dropped for Ledley.

The only way he would fit in is if Tomlin got done in this court appearance thing and we couldn't play him?

I had your opinion until yesterday. This is a high energy press these guys are employing and its tough long seaon. Any 3 of 5 would be a decent rotation.
llan bluebird

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:(As it has been rumoured) I can't see where he would fit into the team?

Are you seriously comparing Ledley with Tomlin,one plays most of the match in his own half passing sideways or backwards where Tomlin will not only get in the opponents half but sometimes in their penalty area,always looking for an opening to make a goalscoring opportunity for a teammate
angelis1949

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Are you seriously comparing Ledley with Tomlin,one plays most of the match in his own half passing sideways or backwards where Tomlin will not only get in the opponents half but sometimes in their penalty area,always looking for an opening to make a goalscoring opportunity for a teammate

No? I'm saying that if Tomlin gets done for whatever this charge is and we can't play him (like I'm saying in the original post, all ifs) we will then have a space in mid that needs filling. Seeing as Ledley is rumoured, then the space could potentially be filled by him.
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

No? I'm saying that if Tomlin gets done for whatever this charge is and we can't play him (like I'm saying in the original post, all ifs) we will then have a space in mid that needs filling. Seeing as Ledley is rumoured, then the space could potentially be filled by him.

But surely if we need to sign a like for like player are you saying Ledley would fill that spot,you are jesting,right
angelis1949

Postby moonboots » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

But surely if we need to sign a like for like player are you saying Ledley would fill that spot,you are jesting,right

NW has alternated between Tomlin and Damour. Totally different qualities but operating in the same area of the field. I do believe that is what Pantmawr is saying regarding Ledley. :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby angelis1949 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am

moonboots wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

NW has alternated between Tomlin and Damour. Totally different qualities but operating in the same area of the field. I do believe that is what Pantmawr is saying regarding Ledley. :thumbup:

If we lose Tomlin we would have no player of that style in the club and bringing in Ledley would not be the answer
angelis1949

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Im really not bothered about us signing Ledley, would rather some younger kid with something to prove.

I could see why though as I guess other than Ralls and Gunner we don't have anyone to solid other than Halford who isn't the answer. The likes of Demour and Tomlin like to play that bit further forward from what ive seen.
2blue2handle

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm

While I don't think he is essential, he is available. We have a long season ahead of us. He has been there and done it. Experience is there in spades. We need more than just Gunnar ralls and damour. They play at high intensity in their respective roles. O'Keefe isn't fancied so we need someone else to share the burden. Yes a young hungry player would be great. But all 3 are under 30 so it's not like we don't already have hungry young players. We know what we would be getting with ledley. If Warnock thinks he can use him then it would be good enough for me
welshrarebit

Postby angelis1949 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im really not bothered about us signing Ledley, would rather some younger kid with something to prove.

I could see why though as I guess other than Ralls and Gunner we don't have anyone to solid other than Halford who isn't the answer. The likes of Demour and Tomlin like to play that bit further forward from what ive seen.

I personally think Ledley is not the type of player that Warnock would want,he wants to see the ball pass forward from midfield to the forwards as quickly as possible not passing it sideways and backwards which im afraid is what Ledley does often,also he offers virtually nothing pace wise,if Warnock proves me wrong and signs Ledley i will hold my hands up
angelis1949

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm

I agree with a lot of whats being said. If you would have asked me 2-3 months ago I would have been delighted to see him back, but looking at the way we play with our high energy, fast paced football I don't see how Ledley would fit into that, and I would rather see someone younger with something to prove than someone who has the energy to go from box to box quickly than a player who passes sideways and tends to just sit in 1 position. but Its up to Warnock I guess, and I still think we need 1 more player in that CM position then I think we are done.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby The Duke » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

thomasblue wrote:All about squad depth. If one of those 3 mentioned gets injured we would have to swap formation. With ledley it would allow us to use different formations and give us a safety net in case of injuries to other midfielders

^^^This^^^ :thumbup:
The Duke

Return to General Chat