WOLVES WON'T MAKE TOP 2.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOLVES WON'T MAKE TOP 2.

Postby Magners » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Whilst they area good side with good individuals, imagine them in the winter with their gloves on rolling around the floor at Millwall and Barnsley on a Tuesday night.
Magners

WOLVES WON'T MAKE TOP 2.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WOLVES WON'T MAKE TOP 2.

Postby wez1927 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Magners wrote:Whilst they area good side with good individuals, imagine them in the winter with their gloves on rolling around the floor at Millwall and Barnsley on a Tuesday night.

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:19 pm

At least we know Llaing is not afraid of the coldness playing for Rochdale the coldest place in the country :lol:
BobbyBlue

Postby City Slicker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:37 pm

I must say I wasn't as impressed with them yesterday as I thought I would be, albeit to a large degree that was down to our effectiveness. However, as the season rolls on I can see other teams turning them over and my opinion is they will be lucky to reach top six.
City Slicker

Postby thomasblue » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I said pre-season they would win it.
Nothing i have seen so far has changed my mind. It was a setback yesterday but i doubt there is another team in this league who can do that to them.
They have 4/5 very good players and 1 outstanding player. If they get a striker they could walk it.

We wont be far off them though with what we have seen so far
thomasblue

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:01 pm

thomasblue wrote:I said pre-season they would win it.
Nothing i have seen so far has changed my mind. It was a setback yesterday but i doubt there is another team in this league who can do that to them.
They have 4/5 very good players and 1 outstanding player. If they get a striker they could walk it.

We wont be far off them though with what we have seen so far

Have to say I agree they won't be too far away and that City turned them over a treat. Not sure they're quite as good as they (or their fans) think they are but only time and a cold winter battle will tell. That's what made yesterday so good, i.e. the arrogance and aloofness of their manager, their team and particularly their fans. Had a few conversations outside the ground and almost every one of them (even the tidy ones) refused to believe City could come anywhere near them!

Well Wolves, we came to do you and we did you good! Tidy! :thumbup: ;) :ayatollah: :occasion5:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:08 pm

its far far too early to make judgements.

IMO you want to play a relegated team early doors. Lots of gloom, OTT expectations and generally a lot of new players and mangers. It takes time to blend.

For Wolves playing Boro and Hull early probably caught them cold, remember it took Newcastle a while to get going. So they may not be as good as they believe.

You don't want to play promoted teams or those who got their shit together at the end of last (avoiding relegation).

We played Burton, Sheff Utd potential banana skins. We played Villa off another shit season, so it was perfect.

Wolves are an established Championship team with lots of money thrown at it. Its a grand experiment which i don't believe will pay dividends. They also have 5 midland derbies to play. Nearly quarter of their season will be up and at them..Are they equipped ?

I'd cash out ;)
llan bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 pm

llan bluebird wrote:its far far too early to make judgements.

IMO you want to play a relegated team early doors. Lots of gloom, OTT expectations and generally a lot of new players and mangers. It takes time to blend.

For Wolves playing Boro and Hull early probably caught them cold, remember it took Newcastle a while to get going. So they may not be as good as they believe.

You don't want to play promoted teams or those who got their shit together at the end of last (avoiding relegation).

We played Burton, Sheff Utd potential banana skins. We played Villa off another shit season, so it was perfect.

Wolves are an established Championship team with lots of money thrown at it. Its a grand experiment which i don't believe will pay dividends. They also have 5 midland derbies to play. Nearly quarter of their season will be up and at them..Are they equipped ?

I'd cash out ;)

The thing with wolves is they can and probably will thump quite a few teams. The way they play and players they have signed some teams will be beat before kick off.
The problem as said before is when they come up against the well organised seasoned championship teams like Cardiff, Leeds and Reading. I think the just relegated premier teams will suit there style of play and the bottom half of the league will be too weak to stop them. That will give them more than enough points to be top 3.
On the other hand i also see the same for city. Not many teams will cope with our size and pace. The top teams will struggle with there pretty football and the bottom teams will get bullied.

This will be a very interesting season with a lot of different teams woth different styles.
thomasblue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Personally I think Wolves will make top 6, but I really do think they need a ST. I think it also depends on if their players can adapt to play teams who wont let them play and will play against them with a high press. I personally think their fans are deluded though thinking that they will beat every team with ease.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 pm

I don't go on this Tuesday night it will affect them theory.

More likely the 46 games plus a season will hit these foreigners harder than a bit of British cold.
Bakedalasker

Postby Jonsey Jones » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm sure the rest of the championship was taking note of how we played against them.

The FA is going to be inundated with complaints from their fans all season
Jonsey Jones

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Whinging Wolves. Boofuckinghoo.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Return to General Chat