NEIL WARNOCK CLARIFIES HIS JOB CV FOR WOLVES FANS!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 pm

"I've never been a banker!" - Neil Warnock revels in cheeky matchday banter with Wolves fans to show he's loving life at Cardiff City
By Tom Coleman
Sunday 20th August 2017

Warnock was public enemy No.1 at times during Saturday's clash at Molineux, but he had little trouble in lapping up the attention

Neil Warnock was very much the cat that got the cream when he faced the media at Molineux.

And why not? He had every right to be full of it, after watching his high-flying side battle to an impressive and ultimately well-deserved win over fellow high-fliers Wolves, preserving their 100 per cent record and leaving them atop of the Championship.

But while winning football matches is always Warnock's narcotic of choice, he still has little hesitation in playing the pantomime villain, which he did to great effect during the Bluebirds' 2-1 win in the Black Country.

It would be difficult to condone some of the remarks aimed towards the Yorkshireman during Saturday's feisty contest, but Warnock is made of sterner stuff than many, and gleefully lapped up the torrent of abuse raining down on him from the terraces.

At one point during what was a bruising first half, he responded to the taunts in typical fashion by giving the home crowd a cheeky wave, which of course only appeared to incense them even more.

To Warnock, it's all a bit of fun. Just part of the game. Something to inspire him and his side.

With a beaming grin, he told the media after the game: "It's a great crowd here and you can see how much they love me here! But I revel in that and it spurs me on if anything.

"I don't think I've ever been a banker. I think that's what they were calling me..."

The banter is clearly a part of the game that Warnock treasures, and he delighted in sharing his experiences with Wolves fans outside Molineux before the game, where he was again his usual mischievous self.

"I said to one of the young [Wolves] lads this morning as I came out for an autograph 'You'll be going home disappointed tonight son, won't you?'

"Then another guy, a big mouth, shouted to me 'Warnock, you've no chance today' and I said 'Well you come see me afterwards when I'm getting on the bus will you son.'

"I bet he wasn't there."

It's clear for all to see that Warnock is enjoying life at the moment, and he has little issue in fans getting carried away with his side's tremendous start to the season.

"Our fans will get carried away," he added. "They're in cuckoo land aren't they at times. They haven't seen this for a while, so let's enjoy it.

"I'm going to enjoy it, I haven't got long left and I want to enjoy football as it is today.

"I just thought today was great and that's why I love the Championship."
Attachments
AA.jpg
AA.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK CLARIFIES HIS JOB CV FOR WOLVES FANS!

Postby Bluesman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Neil, I hope you have a long time left, especially at Cardiff City.I think the Wolves fans were chanting Warnock is a thinker.
Bluesman

Postby davids » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 pm

"Warnock is a spanker".

At least that was what his team were doing to Wolves!

:bluescarf:
davids

Postby KBK-13 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:11 pm

I think I love him
KBK-13

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 pm

The Wolves forums are hilarious..can't believe they are making such a fuss over us being over physical..FFS this is the championship what do they expect every opposing player to step back and applaud their opponents for their namby pamby pretty boy football? We beat them by creating more chances and scoring more goals!!!Why have the Wolves supporters suddenly turned into tarts just because they have got a few Portuguese premadonnas players playing for them??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

SIR WARNOCK YOU are already a LEGEND :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Wolves legends like Billy Wright and Steve Bull would have relished a physical contest and would never resort to diving and faking injury. Ironic that their fans (who are traditionally tough working class people) are getting bitched up over their over paid prima donas playing like fairies.

All this moaning from their manager will ensure that future opponents will try and rough wolves up.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Bluesman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 am

Wolves tip tap football won't work in the championship. Get a British manager who knows what he is doing.
Bluesman

Postby ThomasC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Wolves legends like Billy Wright and Steve Bull would have relished a physical contest and would never resort to diving and faking injury. Ironic that their fans (who are traditionally tough working class people) are getting bitched up over their over paid prima donas playing like fairies.

All this moaning from their manager will ensure that future opponents will try and rough wolves up.

yes, trying to bring attention to rough-house tactics is not dealing with their weakness
ThomasC

Return to General Chat