UPDATED Breaking News: " Kenneth Zohore & Joe Ledley "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED Breaking News: " Kenneth Zohore & Joe Ledley "

Postby eddiep » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 am

He aint going anywhere

But

Let's be real - if a bid comes = he's gone.
May not even be he his decision

What we have is Warnock - he
Headed this off on the Cornwall trip

Basically said that Zohore would be courted and said to
Stay for a season.

I think Zohore has bought into that and would therefore look up until Jan at least.

I've seem them all go so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride with warnock

Good times
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:Joe Ledley is currently training with Barry Town and his family want to stay in Cardiff where they currently live. But it all depends if Warnnock really wants him?

Annis, that statement alone is one of the main reasons I don't want Joe Ledley back :(

Once again, it's all about what Joe wants and no one else (family excepted) and whilst I understand that to an extent, I just don't want to see him use Cardiff City for his own ends yet again after the self-calculated way he left originally

That apart, under Neil Warnock we have players at the club who run hard, work hard and fit a certain system. I genuinely don't see where Joe would fit in or where he brings value or improvement to what we already have! :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby The Duke » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:31 am

We do need back up in CM. We look very solid with Damour, Ralls, Gunnar but if one of them gets injured, Halford weakens us IMO. The question is, does Ledley fit the bill? Warnock clearly doesn't think so, otherwise he'd surely be training with us rather than Barry.
The Duke

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:55 am

eddiep wrote:He aint going anywhere

But

Let's be real - if a bid comes = he's gone.
May not even be he his decision

What we have is Warnock - he
Headed this off on the Cornwall trip

Basically said that Zohore would be courted and said to
Stay for a season.

I think Zohore has bought into that and would therefore look up until Jan at least.

I've seem them all go so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride with warnock

Good times

The longer we continue playing we'll and stay around the top of the table the more likely KZ will stay IMHO.
Tan is no fool. He knows (or has been told) that Len is one of the players that makes the team click.
We can keep him in the hope that we reach the Prem until the end of the season and if we don't, then we cash in as his fee will cover the lack of parachute payments for this season.
The only slight risk is that the valuation will go down and I can't see that as it is more likely to go up.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluecityblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 am

I'd offer Ledley 1 or 2k a week on a short term contract (January?) which is better than the nothing he's been offered at the moment. Then he's training professionally and keeping his fitness up. That way we get a midfielder with Prem experience for peanuts (in football terms), IF Warnock wants him. If he gets into the team and proves his worth he could be offered a better contract or at the very least he makes himself attractive to another club and moves on in January. Either way it's Warnocks call.
bluecityblue

Previous

Return to General Chat