Aston Villa have spent £80m in the past two seasons

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

Aston Villa have spent £80m in the past two seasons.

They are bottom of the Championship
Attachments
DHim8CMXgAAXRqI.jpg
DHim8CMXgAAXRqI.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Aston Villa have spent £80m in the past two seasons

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 am

People may not like Tan and a lot of fans love money to be thrown at players but I'm personally very happy with the way the club is now being run and the money we spend.

Villa are in a right mess.
2blue2handle

Postby AV3 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Just to keep things in perspective, £40 million has also come in from player sales, meaning that only last years parachute payment has been spent on players. There are still another 3 players who could leave before the window shuts which could see anything up to another £10 million coming in.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 pm

AV3 wrote:Just to keep things in perspective, £40 million has also come in from player sales, meaning that only last years parachute payment has been spent on players. There are still another 3 players who could leave before the window shuts which could see anything up to another £10 million coming in.

And your still going down
nubbsy

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm

AV3 wrote:Just to keep things in perspective, £40 million has also come in from player sales, meaning that only last years parachute payment has been spent on players. There are still another 3 players who could leave before the window shuts which could see anything up to another £10 million coming in.

That would make a net £30m which is about right for a club of your size.

However, I simply don't get the John Terry signing he was awful against us. I don't know what your paying him but anything over a £1pw is money shoved down the drain.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby MOZZER1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:53 pm

can't see villa going down nubbsy however i can see birmingham in the bottom 3 . arry is whingeing even more than the wolves fans on the midland radio stations !! can't see him lasting long at brum
MOZZER1

Postby AV3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:53 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

However, I simply don't get the John Terry signing he was awful against us. I don't know what your paying him but anything over a £1pw is money shoved down the drain.

Currently, Terry hasn't been great but nobody covered themselves in glory last week and Chester was even worse.

Terry brings a lot to any club he plays for so I'm still of the opinion that it was a good deal to bring him here.

I understand that he is being given longer recovery periods than the rest of the team where he stays at home whilst others report for training - This will backfire on him (and Bruce) very quickly if his performances aren't up to scratch. No player is bigger than club, especially a 36 year old John Terry.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Goes to show how well our Neil has spent in the last year ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:08 pm

AV3 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Currently, Terry hasn't been great but nobody covered themselves in glory last week and Chester was even worse.

Terry brings a lot to any club he plays for so I'm still of the opinion that it was a good deal to bring him here.

I understand that he is being given longer recovery periods than the rest of the team where he stays at home whilst others report for training - This will backfire on him (and Bruce) very quickly if his performances aren't up to scratch. No player is bigger than club, especially a 36 year old John Terry.

I don't think the championship is the ideal league to finish your career in. Very physical and very fast, he would have been better off having a year or two in the sun in America because I think hell struggle this season.
nubbsy

Postby AV3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Goes to show how well our Neil has spent in the last year ;)

Only if you base it on 4 games. Let's see what happens over 46 games.

I'm not saying that things will be any different but you can't judge anything on 4 games.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Return to General Chat