Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loan bid for gestede?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Middlesbrough have already signed strikers braithwaite for 9m and assombalonga for 15m, now They're signing ashley fletcher on loan from west ham. Surely a loan offer pending boro pay some of his wages goes in? :ayatollah:

Re: Loan bid for gestede?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 pm

There is more chance that you getting bit by a plastic daffodil than Warnock bringing in another striker simply because he thinks he doesn't need to

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Middlesbrough have already signed strikers braithwaite for 9m and assombalonga for 15m, now They're signing ashley fletcher on loan from west ham. Surely a loan offer pending boro pay some of his wages goes in? :ayatollah:

Wouldn't want gestede hes the most over rated striker ever we got better already

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If we bring him back, im losing 10 stone in a year and getting my boots back out!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm

angelis1949 wrote:There is more chance that you getting bit by a plastic daffodil than Warnock bringing in another striker simply because he thinks he doesn't need to

If zohore gets injured We're left with just ward maybe pilks, even if warnock has said that we dont need another doesn't mean he doesn't want another for strength in depth, and i agree gestede wasn't the greatest with us but players do improve so you cant judge what he was like with us before, if that was the case wilfried zaha would be in league 2 cuz he was shite for us.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:There is more chance that you getting bit by a plastic daffodil than Warnock bringing in another striker simply because he thinks he doesn't need to

If zohore gets injured We're left with just ward maybe pilks, even if warnock has said that we dont need another doesn't mean he doesn't want another for strength in depth, and i agree gestede wasn't the greatest with us but players do improve so you cant judge what he was like with us before, if that was the case wilfried zaha would be in league 2 cuz he was shite for us.

If you think that Warnock wants another striker why in God's name doesn't he try to bring one in or could it be Tan has told him enough is enough

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Mate, I didn't think it was a bad suggestion.

It may be unlikely but I do think he's do a job under a manager like NW. I remember reading somewhere that statistically for a 12 month period he was the highest winner of headed duels in British football - something we're lacking in attack (despite Zohore's height).

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:52 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

If you think that Warnock wants another striker why in God's name doesn't he try to bring one in or could it be Tan has told him enough is enough

He has already said he's used his budget and will only bring more in when people leave? He Couldn't exactly blow his budget on just strikers could he, personally I feel we need one more striker and a central midfielder.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:54 pm

I think he would be a great second option not sure about his wages though.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 pm

danielrees17 wrote:

Zaha played in a very poor Cardiff team, was far from being our worse player but seemed to be the scapegoat often.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

Zaha played in a very poor Cardiff team, was far from being our worse player but seemed to be the scapegoat often.

Gestede was a lot younger and raw when with us? Hes improved loads and would be good when games come thick and fast, I really like healey but still has abit to learn and if we want to be real threats for promotion then i feel we need another proven striker

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 pm

IF we fetch another striker in , he will only play a bit part , so that rules out a loanee from the EPL.
Where the parent club would want him involved , in every game.
If we bought a striker and paid a fee or even a free, it would cost wages again only to sit on the bench . So that would be another waste of resources.
If any other player comes in , it would be a central midfield player that's where I think we are weakest, but we still need to shift at least four players on, before that happens .
All in all , I think were good to go.
Goalkeepers are good enough,
Defence when all fit , I think is very good.
Midfield , any two from Gunnar,Ralls and Damour. Keep O'Keefe (can't see that) this is where we need cover.
Strikers one up front with Zohore, if he's injured we would have to change that to two up top.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:24 pm

nojac wrote:IF we fetch another striker in , he will only play a bit part , so that rules out a loanee from the EPL.
If we bought a striker and paid a fee or even a free, it would cost wages again only to sit on the bench . So that would be another waste of resources.
If any other player comes in , it would be a central midfield player that's where I think we are weakest, but we still need to shift at least four players on, before that happens .
Midfield , any two from Gunnar,Ralls and Damour. Keep O'Keefe (can't see that) this is where we need cover.
Strikers one up front with Zohore, if he's injured we would have to change that to two up top.

True but if we dont have anyone to really challenge zohore for a starting spot complacency could kick in, anyone remember bothroyd after his England cap?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:43 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
nojac wrote:IF we fetch another striker in , he will only play a bit part , so that rules out a loanee from the EPL.

True but if we dont have anyone to really challenge zohore for a starting spot complacency could kick in, anyone remember bothroyd after his England cap?

yes i remember he got injured..we couldnt win without him..i kept getting the jay bothroyd tray joke txt of jacks...but once he came back results kicked on again and he moved to the prem.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Is there no decent lads in youth team we can use as backup ??

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:38 pm

rossblue wrote:Is there no decent lads in youth team we can use as backup ??

We released lots so the others are really young and continuously had beatings at dvp levels so im not holding my breath

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:13 pm

rossblue wrote:Is there no decent lads in youth team we can use as backup ??

We signed a young striker called Henry Smith from Everton on July 1st. He might come good. Scored a few already for the u18s. Wont be ready yet but certainly 1 for the future who may come good and possibly brought through

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/u ... nry-smith/

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Our defeat to Shrewsbury should prove we need another striker. 12 goal attempts but only 1 attempt was on target and according to Warnock, we should have been out of sight before they equalised. But what options do we have if Zohore isn't available?

Ward - seems to be played more out wide than up front. He will work hard and be a nuisance, he will probably set a few up, but he certainly isn't a 20 goal a season striker. I will be surprised if he gets double figures.

Healey - currently injured but came on leaps and bounds for us and hopefully, he can continue improving and be a useful squad player. Seems to know where the back of the net is as well and he is still an unknown quantity who could surprise a few opposing defenders.

Meite - I watched him at Taffs Well, he looks a powerful athlete who will give 100%, but he has an awful lot to learn...with everything really. Needs to be loaned out to a League 2 club for a season so he can learn, improve and bring his game on.

Pilkington - if he stays, he currently seems our best backup option to Zohore. He has so much ability and forged a successful partnership with Lex Immers. He also showed when we won at Wolves 3-1 that he can lead the line very well on his own. I prefer Pilkington more central to on the wing anyway, he has 2 good feet and good enough body strength to hold defenders off, plus he can be a decent outlet running the channels. I think when he plays further forwards, he can focus more on what he's good at and be more of a goal threat.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Our defeat to Shrewsbury should prove we need another striker. 12 goal attempts but only 1 attempt was on target and according to Warnock, we should have been out of sight before they equalised. But what options do we have if Zohore isn't available?

Ward - seems to be played more out wide than up front. He will work hard and be a nuisance, he will probably set a few up, but he certainly isn't a 20 goal a season striker. I will be surprised if he gets double figures.

Healey - currently injured but came on leaps and bounds for us and hopefully, he can continue improving and be a useful squad player. Seems to know where the back of the net is as well and he is still an unknown quantity who could surprise a few opposing defenders.

Meite - I watched him at Taffs Well, he looks a powerful athlete who will give 100%, but he has an awful lot to learn...with everything really. Needs to be loaned out to a League 2 club for a season so he can learn, improve and bring his game on.

Pilkington - if he stays, he currently seems our best backup option to Zohore. He has so much ability and forged a successful partnership with Lex Immers. He also showed when we won at Wolves 3-1 that he can lead the line very well on his own. I prefer Pilkington more central to on the wing anyway, he has 2 good feet and good enough body strength to hold defenders off, plus he can be a decent outlet running the channels. I think when he plays further forwards, he can focus more on what he's good at and be more of a goal threat.

Healy looks to have something, and I reckon Warnock will get him going, but he is still young and that was a nasty injury, probably one year to early for him.

I think your spot on, we need another Striker, and I'm sure we'll get one, maybe a young premiership loan Striker, when they start letting them out ???