Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY TONIGHT "

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm

SHREWSBURY TOWN 2 CARDIFF CITY 1

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Bamba, Richards, Mendez-Laing, Gunnarsson, Halford, K.Harris, Tomlin, Zohore

Subs: Byrne, Bennett, Morrison, Coxe, Damour, Ralls, Kennedy, Pilkington, Meite, Ward.

Cardiff’s unbeaten pre-season run has been halted in Shropshire.

The result will certainly be a little disappointing, but there are definitely some positives to take from this showing, particularly the link-up play between Tomlin and Zohore, which arguably bodes well for the future.

However, Warnock will certainly be keen to see more of a cutting edge from his side, who were punished for their profligacy by the hosts in the second half and tonight fielded a strong City team, so Warnock will not be to happy tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY TONIGHT "

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:58 pm

If we are going to lose and Warnock get disappointed let it be now and not at Burton or Villa

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Plus the other night

FT: Bideford AFC 2-1 Cardiff City Under 23's - The Robins pick up the pre-season win thanks to two early goals. Meite scoring from the spot for City.

Good performance from The Robins today and a great day for the club.

Two early goals by Bideford and a late penalty by Cardiff's Meite.

Cardiff City: Byrne, Coxe, John, Hawkinson, Young, Knox, Morris, Mullin, Harris, Meite. Subs: Humphries, Duffy, Waite, Duffus, Weymans.

CardiffCity XI subs: Duffy, Humphries, Waite, Duffus, Weymans.

Bideford Association Football Club. is a football club based in Bideford, Devon, England. They are currently members of the Southern League Division One South & West and play at the Sports Ground.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 pm

SO FAR

Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Neil Warnock has issued a stark warning to his Cardiff City defence after they blew a 1-0 lead in their latest pre-season friendly against Shrewsbury Town at Montgomery Waters Meadow.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:38 pm

We need to get 2 more players in surely warnock can get someone in on loan or a freebie somewhere? :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 pm

I never judge pre-Season friendlies

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:I never judge pre-Season friendlies

Quite right,in all my years of watching friendlies none of them have been a pointer to anything.We are the 3rd championship club they have beaten in their pre-season,probably means they'll be relegated this season. :lol:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 am

Me neither, they are warm up games!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:35 am

They've beaten villa and wolves too.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Quite right,in all my years of watching friendlies none of them have been a pointer to anything.We are the 3rd championship club they have beaten in their pre-season,probably means they'll be relegated this season. :lol:

Exactly right Mr Sneggy...pre season friendlies are completely irrelevant when the season actually kicks off

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 am

Totally agree. Nothing more than firnesss and different formations etc.
In another post I read that NW was asking the officials to play on when Shrewsbury strikers were through on goal so I doubt the result means anything to him.
Anyone know who the player is who NW was having a pop at in his post match comments? (Someone not closing down etc)

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:10 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

:lol:

Martin, Ive seen us lose every pre-season friendly and have a fantastic season and exactly the other way around.
Its about getting fit and looking at how your going to work with individuals etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Martin, Ive seen us lose every pre-season friendly and have a fantastic season and exactly the other way around.
Its about getting fit and looking at how your going to work with individuals etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Not much more than a public training session.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Not much more than a public training session.

That's how I see them for many years I attended everyone Steve, then a few yrs ago I stopped, I look back and realise how boring they were and they were training sessions.