Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" RYAN GIGGS ON CARDIFF CITY AND BELLAMY UNDER WARNOCK "

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Manchester United icon Ryan Giggs on why Craig Bellamy and Cardiff City will thrive under Neil Warnock
By Andrew Gwilym

Sunday 23rd July 2017

The former Manchester United star believes Warnock will have a huge bearing on Bellamy's coaching career

Manchester United icon Ryan Giggs believes Craig Bellamy's coaching career will go from strength-to-strength under Neil Warnock at Cardiff City.

Former Wales international Bellamy was named as the Bluebirds' player development manager last season having hung up his boots after his second spell with his hometown in 2014.

And Bellamy's former international team-mate Giggs expects the Bluebirds to challenge for promotion next season, adding that Bellamy will benefit from being mentored by Warnock.

"I certainly hope so," responded Giggs when asked if Cardiff are contenders for promotion in the 2017-18 campaign.

"They have had a difficult few years since they were in the Premier League but they have someone with tremendous experience in Neil Warnock and I think they definitely have a chance of being in the mix for the top six although we all know how tough a league the Championship is where any team can beat any other on a given day.

"I also think having Neil there will be brilliant for Craig Bellamy, who is working in the academy there.

"I know Craig well, we talk a lot and I have no doubt he will learn so much he can take into his own coaching and managerial career from being around Neil.

"I found that with Louis van Gaal, I really did learn so much, not just about coaching methods and tactics, but about how he handled certain situations and players.

"Experiences like that are invaluable and I am sure it will prove to be the case for Craig."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " RYAN GIGGS ON CARDIFF CITY AND BELLAMY UNDER WARNOCK "

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:18 pm

My personal opinion is that I don't see Bellamy succeeding, too many interests outside football and he's already been freed of the DVP/ Ubder 23 team and we've had to bring Andy Legg in to run it.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion is that I don't see Bellamy succeeding, to many interests outside football and he's already been freed if the DVP/ Ubder 23 team and we've had to bring Andy Legg in to run it.

Agree with your point Annis, he needs to make it his 100% top priority to succeed.

I don't see Giggs doing well either though, as he thinks he can just walk into a Premier League job. I doubt clubs think highly of him after he thought he should have been Man Utd manager over Mourinho. I don't have any time for him personally.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion is that I don't see Bellamy succeeding, to many interests outside football and he's already been freed if the DVP/ Ubder 23 team and we've had to bring Andy Legg in to run it.

Agree with your point Annis, he needs to make it his 100% top priority to succeed.

I don't see Giggs doing well either though, as he thinks he can just walk into a Premier League job. I doubt clubs think highly of him after he thought he should have been Man Utd manager over Mourinho. I don't have any time for him personally.

Fergie thinks quite highly of him, so he must have something..having said that i agree his sights or his opinion of himself or both are too high..
needs to get a job somewhere and prove a point or he will just drift into the past..football is about here and now..there have been loads of managers that were always up there in the bookies favs to get every job that came up that dont get mentions anymore.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned,

Ryan Giggs as a player quality, as a manager or even Commentator NO thanks.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Why is the opinion of a manc relevent?

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:15 am

murphy wrote:Why is the opinion of a manc relevent?

I'm not sure who said it was relevant.
He was was asked his opinion and he gave it.
Besides living most of his life up there, he was born and bred in Ely Cardiff.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 am

Giggs himself said on TalkSport last week he would rather manage and succeed at a league one / two side and build something special than go into a job with a team fighting relegation in the Prem.

Giggs as a player was unbelievable but as a pundit he bores the living shit out of me, don't think he will succeed as a manager.

After reading Bellers book, I don't see him succeeding as a manager, too many demons locked up, a lot of stuff going on outside of his football life, I'd like him to succeed, just can't see it happening, not with us anyway.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
murphy wrote:Why is the opinion of a manc relevent?

I'm not sure who said it was relevant.
He was was asked his opinion and he gave it.
Besides living most of his life up there, he was born and bred in Ely Cardiff.

I worked with his Grandfather Danny for a time what a fella he was, proper gentleman.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion is that I don't see Bellamy succeeding, too many interests outside football and he's already been freed of the DVP/ Ubder 23 team and we've had to bring Andy Legg in to run it.

Got to disagree with you on this. Bellamy has taken his time before getting into the coaching side of the game, he has been travelling to various clubs and meeting coaches/managers to further his education. I know a player currently in the under 18's who has been at the City since the age of 8, and he and his father both said it has been the most professional pre season since he has been at the club.
Bellamy has a few players at u16 and u18 level that he thinks very highly of and wants to oversee their development, and that is why he is taking the u18's this season. He is still in charge of development and as such, is overseeing Andy Legg. This hasn't changed since last season. He was at the U23 games because he had given debuts to many younger players and wanted to be involved with that. Jarrod Harvey was actually managing the U23's, and Bellamy hasn't had this taken off him as he is still overseeing the development pathway.
I am sure Bellamy could have taken a management position at many clubs on his retirement, but didn't want to rush into it. From what I hear he wants to get a grounding in all aspects of management and coaching before taking the plunge. Don't be surprised if he becomes the next first team manager.