Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY MAKE SIXTH SUMMER SIGNING "

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Cardiff City FC is delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Loïc Damour, subject to international clearance.

The twenty-six year old has signed a two-year deal with the Bluebirds, linking up immediately with Neil Warnock's men for pre-season training.

A former France youth international, Loïc has represented his nation at various age groups up to and including at U20 level.

His career in France and Belgium has taken him to sides including Strasbourg, White Star Bruxelles, Fréjus Saint-Raphaël and Bourg-Péronnas.

Loïc becomes the Bluebirds' sixth signing of the summer, following the acquisitions of Neil Etheridge, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Callum Paterson, Lee Camp and Danny Ward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Signing out of the blue loic damour

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Cardiff City FC is delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Loïc Damour, subject to international clearance.

The twenty-six year old has signed a two-year deal with the Bluebirds, linking up immediately with Neil Warnock's men for pre-season training.

A former France youth international, Loïc has represented his nation at various age groups up to and including at U20 level.

His career in France and Belgium has taken him to sides including Strasbourg, White Star Bruxelles, Fréjus Saint-Raphaël and Bourg-Péronnas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY MAKE SIXTH SUMMER SIGNING "

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 pm

That went under the radar!

Anyone know anything about him? (other than his Wikipedia page)

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:41 pm

That came outta nowhere, Welcome to the Bluebirds Damour :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Just looking at him and appears he's come from a poor French L2 club who finished 15th.

Obs he's a cheap buy and Warnock / Scouts see something in him, hope they're right.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Lambert gone and Loic in.I'm off to buy a lottery ticket .

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Football career

Loïc began his career with his local club US Chantilly before moving to the famous Clairefontaine academy in 2004. While training at Clairefontaine, he also attended the prestigious sports club Athletic Club de Boulogne Billencourt, which also trained current French stars Hatem Ben Arfa and Issiar Dia. After leaving Clairefontaine, he joined RC Strasbourg.

In April 2008, Loïc signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal keeping him with Strasbourg until 2011.[1] After spending one year in the reserves, he was promoted to the senior squad and was assigned the 26 shirt. He made his professional football debut for Strasbourg on 4 August 2008 in a Ligue 2 match against Montpellier coming on as a substitute.[2]

On 26 October 2009, Damour signed a contract extension with Strasbourg until the year 2013.[3]

International career
Damour is a France youth international having played for the U-16s, U-17s, and the under-18 team. He also played with the France U-19 squad, till 2011. He was captain of the U-16 squad and was a part of the U-17 squad that finished runners-up at the 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Just looking at a 10 min vid of his on youtube and he looks like he's going to get stuck into some tackles and break up play, free the attacking players to push up.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Cardiff City have signed French midfielder Loïc Damour on a two-year deal.

The 26-year-old was a free agent having been released by Ligue 2 outfit Bourg-Péronnas after two seasons with the club and arrives in the Welsh capital on a Bosman move.

He becomes Neil Warnock's sixth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Neil Etheridge, Lee Camp, Callum Paterson, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Danny Ward.

Damour is a product of Strasbourg's youth academy and played 44 times for the club before joining Boulogne in 2011.

French midfielder Loic Damour has joined Cardiff City
He had spells with Brussels, White Star Bruxelles and Frejus Saint-Raphael and has represented France up to Under-20 level.

The midfielder will immediately link up with the squad for pre-season training ahead of the 2017-18 campaign.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:59 pm

cardiffs kante, this must be a tip off or something,theres one video on youtube and i doubt warnock does alot of research on french second division, im sure we will hear how this come about overthe next few days, not gna be anything but a squad player tho unless he really is the next kante

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Never heard of the guy but he looks strong in a tackle and composed on the ball from what I can see of a grainy youtube video :D

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Looks a hard worker and composed on the ball from what I've seen online. If he puts in a good shift and works his socks off, I can't see this being a bad signing on a free. Could come off and worth a gamble. Better to spend low and gamble than spend high again on a waste of space like Lambert.

Going to remain positive and trust the scouts on this one.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:12 pm

it's a position we are lacking in so let's see.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Cue a song that immediately springs to mind

LO-IC DAMOUUUUR
RA DA DA DA DA
LOIC, LOIC DAMOUUUUUUR!

To the tune of that 70's hit 'Chanson d'amour :lol:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Cue a song that immediately springs to mind

LO-IC DAMOUUUUR
RA DA DA DA DA
LOIC, LOIC DAMOUUUUUUR!

To the tune of that 70's hit 'Chanson d'amour :lol:

This is amazing :laughing5:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pZp3gGKecc

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:it's a position we are lacking in so let's see.

Funny I thought we were lacking in an attacking midfielder and i understand this guy is a defensive midfielder

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:41 pm

DanielHuwLewis wrote:Looks a hard worker and composed on the ball from what I've seen online. If he puts in a good shift and works his socks off, I can't see this being a bad signing on a free. Could come off and worth a gamble. Better to spend low and gamble than spend high again on a waste of space like Lambert.

But i come back to what Warnock said and that was he thinks 6 million pounds is all he needs to spend to put together a promotion challenging squad, so far all i see Warnock is doing is putting together a team on the cheap

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:46 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Funny I thought we were lacking in an attacking midfielder and i understand this guy is a defensive midfielder

your talking as if the transfer window has closed. Yes we need an attacking midfielder as well but you don't stop strengthening other positions as well.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:45 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
DanielHuwLewis wrote:Looks a hard worker and composed on the ball from what I've seen online. If he puts in a good shift and works his socks off, I can't see this being a bad signing on a free. Could come off and worth a gamble. Better to spend low and gamble than spend high again on a waste of space like Lambert.

But i come back to what Warnock said and that was he thinks 6 million pounds is all he needs to spend to put together a promotion challenging squad, so far all i see Warnock is doing is putting together a team on the cheap

It must be so bright in your world...
What do you think you can get for £6m in ower times??

If he wheels and deals a few trialists, Frees and buys then so be it - he's been in the game for 60 odd years managing for 40 odd - have a bit of faith for Christ sake.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:52 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

He says he like defence and attack i.e. Box to box.
Also says he has lots of energy.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Putting a team together for 6 million is putting a team together on the cheap!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Was the £6m just for buying players, or did that also include their wages? I suppose in these modern days this sort of money is small potatoes. and you are not going to get much for £6m, if in fact he has been given that much in the first place.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Got a good feeling about this kid. Don't think he's technically the best. But if he gets stuck in, chips in with the odd goal and runs his socks off. He'll soon be a fave.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Spoken to a friend of mine who lives and works in France.

He doesn't know a lot about Damour but thinks he has been linked with moves to a couple of the French top division teams over the last year or so.

Also believes he was bombed out of one of his teams earlier in his career for being a bit of a tearaway

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Putting a team together for 6 million is putting a team together on the cheap!

Very true but Huddersfield put their team together for roughly same amount and look where they are?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

It must be so bright in your world...
What do you think you can get for £6m in ower times??

If he wheels and deals a few trialists, Frees and buys then so be it - he's been in the game for 60 odd years managing for 40 odd - have a bit of faith for Christ sake.

We are not going to challenge for promotion on the back of free transfers and trialists,mamby in your world you are content to settle for mid table mediocrity

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:01 pm

I'll give him a chance, but is he better than okeefe? We've bought an awful lot of 'squad players'... We need some starters to push on.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:I'll give him a chance, but is he better than okeefe? We've bought an awful lot of 'squad players'... We need some starters to push on.

Yep, totally agree the squad as a whole looks a lot stronger but think we need to sign a few "starters" if we are to push for a top six finish

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 pm

I know sod all about this guy but we need some creativity in the middle of the park. Our centre backs look strong so we don't need any more holding midfield players.