Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING ' RICKIE LAMBERT LEAVES CARDIFF CITY '

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Cardiff City FC can confirm that Rickie Lambert’s contract has been terminated by mutual agreement and with immediate effect.

We’d like to thank Rickie for his contribution and wish him the very best for the future.

Cardiff City settle a deal with Rickie Lambert on the remainder of his contract.

One of our mostly costliest players who achieved virtually nothing for Cardiff City and earned a fortune, we signed Lambert after he had hardly played for over two years, please No more deals like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING ' RICKIE LAMBERT LEAVES CARDIFF CITY '

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 pm

hopefully we havent had to pay him upand hes agreed to leave to get football elsewhere,this should free up wages to get another player in who can actually contribute to the team rather than keep the doctor busy

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City FC can confirm that Rickie Lambert’s contract has been terminated by mutual agreement and with immediate effect.

We’d like to thank Rickie for his contribution and wish him the very best for the future.

Cardiff City settle a deal with Rickie Lambert on the remainder of his contract.

One of our mostly costliest players who achieved virtually nothing for Cardiff City and earned a fortune, we signed Lambert after he had hardly played for over two years, please No more deals like this.

I am glad that he has gone as he has not been a success. Whatever had to be paid to terminate the contract would have been less than the cost of carrying him at full cost for another season with little or no chance of him making a contribution to the team so a good bit of business to terminate the contract with immediate effect.

However , at the time of his signing many fans (including myself and yourself) publicly stated on this message board and elsewhere) that we thought he was a good signing for the club.

Keith
Keith

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:35 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City FC can confirm that Rickie Lambert’s contract has been terminated by mutual agreement and with immediate effect.

I am glad that he has gone as he has not been a success. Whatever had to be paid to terminate the contract would have been less than the cost of carrying him at full cost for another season with little or no chance of him making a contribution to the team so a good bit of business to terminate the contract with immediate effect.

However , at the time of his signing many fans (including myself and yourself) publicly stated on this message board and elsewhere) that we thought he was a good signing for the club.

Keith
Keith

I stated that I will back every New player,give them a chance and fully support them, but that I was worried that Lambertt had hardly played a game for a long time and surely that was a worry :thumbright:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 pm

it was a poor deal in the end but he did have his uses as at one point it felt like the only striker we has and did well.

Warnock clearly didn't want him and now he moves on.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Replies from Facebook

Phil Gwyn
One of our mostly costliest players who achieved virtually nothing for Cardiff City and earned a fortune, we signed Lambert after he had hardly played for over two years ....... What an Analogy to my best mate Peter Whittingham ;)

Ian Curtis
Finally. Another costly balls up tan will want back one day from the club from his own transfer committee

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:54 pm

The 35-year-old failed to make any impact as he dealt with issues with both form and fitness, with it becoming increasingly clear he did not figure in the plans of manager Neil Warnock.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm

I don't think Neil Warnock would make a signing like him. Yeah I know he has signed Patterson who won't be fit until October, but he is a lot younger and will get over this injury. Lambert however wasn't fit hadn't played for a few seasons regularly and was 34 when we signed him, and couldn't last 90 minutes from the start, all in all I am glad to see him go.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:03 pm

good news :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:08 pm

That's got to be good news although the terms will be confidential I expect.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:20 pm

It just didn't work out for him here

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:37 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Keith
Keith

Your absolutly right Keith, but at the time, last August 31,, with half an hour too the transfer deadline left,,,I think it was more a sense of relief that at least we had signed some one half decent.

Hind sights a wonderful thing.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies from Facebook

Phil Gwyn
One of our mostly costliest players who achieved virtually nothing for Cardiff City and earned a fortune, we signed Lambert after he had hardly played for over two years ....... What an Analogy to my best mate Peter Whittingham ;)

Ian Curtis
Finally. Another costly balls up tan will want back one day from the club from his own transfer committee

Tan backs manager...........Tan backs transfer committe who back manager..
the big message here is dont do FB

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Glad he's moved on

Thank you for the the few goals last season and the few points that helped us get momentum

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Wonder how much we settled for ??

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Bet he joins another club within a week

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:16 pm

dogfound wrote:

Phil Gwyn

Ian Curtis

bit odd to blame Tan on this one as clearly a Trollope signing and you can't blame Tan for backing the manager especially after he left it so late in the window.

if Tan the club are to blame for anything it's allowing Trollope to go out with Wales. look at all the work Warnock has done this season in the time Trollope did nothing out with wales.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Phil Gwyn

Ian Curtis

bit odd to blame Tan on this one as clearly a Trollope signing and you can't blame Tan for backing the manager especially after he left it so late in the window.

if Tan the club are to blame for anything it's allowing Trollope to go out with Wales. look at all the work Warnock has done this season in the time Trollope did nothing out with wales.

was being sarcastic.
same people that expect Tan to back the current manager { whoever it migt be } .will then be critical of Tan over any players he has backed the previous managers signing..

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Phil Gwyn

Ian Curtis

I have to agree. IF,,,, there was any mistake, then it was appointing Paul Trollope as manager in the first place,,,or was it Russell Slade,,, or was it Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:16 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Phil Gwyn

Ian Curtis

I have to agree. IF,,,, there was any mistake, then it was appointing Paul Trollope as manager in the first place,,,or was it Russell Slade,,, or was it Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

Yeah a number of manager mistakes for sure but that happens at a lot of clubs. Some work out some don't.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 pm

I for one would like to thank Big Rick for agreeing to whatever deal to leave the club and move on to pastures new.

It didn't work with us but doesn't mean he's done yet and I hold no Ill will not his fault Trolls took a gamble and it back fired can you imagine if he was on fire would have been the signing of the championship.

He won't be the first or last massive mess up the club get involved with as with any club!

Cheers Rick

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:44 pm

:wave:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 pm

To old back legs had gone .
Glad he's moved on cost us a fortune for nothing