Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCS PITCH LOOKING FANTASTIC '

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm

The Groundsmen at the CCS have been working hard this summer and have got the pitch looking absolutely fantastic. :bluebird:

IMG_1888.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CCS PITCH LOOKING FANTASTIC

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm

What's with the crop circles :-)

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Looks a bit threadbare in patches

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Glad they changed they're mind about changing the red seats.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:Looks a bit threadbare in patches

The grass is mixed with the artificial stuff so it's still growing, it's looking great now but when our first game comes around it'll look a fuller than it does there.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Shame they changed their mind about changing the red seats.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:36 pm

norms76 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Looks a bit threadbare in patches

The grass is mixed with the artificial stuff so it's still growing, it's looking great now but when our first game comes around it'll look a fuller than it does there.

I see, shows how much I know about football pitches :thumbup:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Basically lads two juveniles broke into the stadium the other week and robbed a few kiosks, went onto the pitch and realised some of the tractors had keys in them and went for a drive around doing doughnuts. It was just as the new grass was coming through too. Just to answer your question.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 pm

norms76 wrote:The Groundsmen at the CCS have been working hard this summer and have got the pitch looking absolutely fantastic. :bluebird:

IMG_1888.JPG

Take the words absolutely fantastic out and replace them with good.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Dahboy wrote:
norms76 wrote:The Groundsmen at the CCS have been working hard this summer and have got the pitch looking absolutely fantastic. :bluebird:

IMG_1888.JPG

Take the words absolutely fantastic out and replace them with good.

You've got nothing good to say about anything so its quite an accomplishment to see you type the word.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 pm

IMO doesn't look that fantastic, just looks ok.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:17 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Basically lads two juveniles broke into the stadium the other week and robbed a few kiosks, went onto the pitch and realised some of the tractors had keys in them and went for a drive around doing doughnuts. It was just as the new grass was coming through too. Just to answer your question.

I do want to believe that

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:40 am

Norms you should have known we would get the usual negative moaners at it , anything to have a pop.
FFS the bloody thing has only recently been re-laid and the marks that you can see are actually where the lamp gantries have just been moved so as cutting can take place. :banghead:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:54 am

Jules wrote:Norms you should have known we would get the usual negative moaners at it , anything to have a pop.
FFS the bloody thing has only recently been re-laid and the marks that you can see are actually where the lamp gantries have just been moved so as cutting can take place. :banghead:

People just love being awkward mate, I think it looks fantastic anyway. The CCS in the sunshine will always look wonderful to me. :bluescarf:

Re: ' CCS PITCH LOOKING FANTASTIC '

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 am

Can't they find a bigger mower !!!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:16 am

Getting exiting as season approaches so thanks for posting the picture to whet the appetite.Apologies for the negative responses.I really can't get my head around people who find fault with any genuine show of enthusiasm.Ah well.... soon be christmas

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Basically lads two juveniles broke into the stadium the other week and robbed a few kiosks, went onto the pitch and realised some of the tractors had keys in them and went for a drive around doing doughnuts. It was just as the new grass was coming through too. Just to answer your question.

heard this a couple of times myself.
pitch looks ok if this story is true.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm

stevee1966 wrote:Can't they find a bigger mower !!!

he's getting paid by the hour! :D