Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Defensive options

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 am

I actually think our back line is solid - I wouldn't want a lot more changed!

Manga- fresh contract signed works well with Morrison and Bamba
Bamba - for me should have been player of the season his warrior like performances were an inspiration and the goal against Bristol written into folklore!
Morrison - current captain, he's ok, I'm not sold by him as he switches off sometimes - great attacking in the air then forgets how to do it when defending?!
Connolly - seems to plug a gap but not trusted to be a full starter, was painful to watch playing right back at times last season
Peltier - showed he can play RB or CB last season, he doesn't do much wrong Pelts I think the RB berth will be an interesting competition this season with Jazz and Paterson vying for a game
Jazz - love him really sold on him one of my favourites looks effortlessly cool and calm in what ever he's doing, can also play LB and apparently midfield
Patterson - new boy with a lot of expectation
John - winger or LB has pace but can't defend
Bennett - I loved seeing Bennett and Jazz on opposite flanks their was pace, an eye for goal, a cross they worked so hard for me Cardiffs wide defensive starters

The only two I see potentially moving on:
Connolly - how do you break past the 3 in front of you plus any potentials signed - at 29 needs to be playing games and enjoying
John- given his chance but not improved since bursting into the scene needs new pastures to kick start career and avoid being Blake MK2

Re: Cardiff City Defensive options

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 am

I thought Richards and Bennett were the perfect match at full-backs towards the end of last season. Bamba and Manga have to be the centre-back pairing. Connelly is a good bench option because he can cover a number of positions.

Patterson might yet play further forward as a right-winger/forward. Let's hope his conversion proves to be as successful as Gareth Bale's when he did it. :thumbup: